• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the recent maintenance of the eShop New 3DS owners with a firmware below the most current one cannot access anything on eShop anymore. Is it possible for @RednaxelaNnamtra to look into the matter? It would be appreciated.

D

Deleted-19228

You say recent, are you saying from today? It worked as of midnight last night.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried several times, I am on 9.5 using the Free Multi Patcher, smealums patch also doesn't work anymore.
Edit: I think the error code was 007-2404 or something similar.

Last edited by Wuigi,
D

Deleted-19228

Are you a brave enough dude to check it now? Y'know for science and such.

Not sure, works fine here.

EDIT: Despite what people are saying the eShop DOES in fact open. You can't open anything within it though. Error 007-2404

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Zidapi

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same here, after the maintenance any attempt to open anything it the eshop returns 007-2404.

Actually first suspected something was wrong when I tried to check the price of a Mii Plaza game and got 009-2705.

Will check smea's patch and HANS in a second, but I suspect they will be the same. Wonder if they updated the eshop application.

edit: Dead, all dead.

Even when so far as to download a version spoofed .cia for the eshop and tried it and still get the error.

From what I am reading/seeing, the server is checking the eshop version as well as the system version now. This would explain why users on 10.0 and 10.1 can access the eshop and download titles still, but 9.9 and lower are locked out.

Considered installing the latest version of the eshop, but I am 99% sure it will go stupid because of conflicting native_firm versions.... screw it I will try it anyways. Worst that happens is I brick my emunand and have to restore from a backup.

Last edited by Aroth,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.O

It just occurred to me that if Nintendo can block the ability to download like this, they could have just blocked the ability to even access the eshop. So why let us log into the shop with our NNIDs only to give an error when we try to download?

I have a sneaky suspicion that they are logging the account info of anyone who logs into the eshop via NNID and then hits the new barrier. It is an effective way to tell who is using unauthorized software. If you manage to log into the eshop with a version that fails the check, you have to be using some sort of hack to achieve it.

I have a bad feeling we are about to see a massive ban-wave hit.

reno7rox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone tried running a game like Pokemon Shuffle on a lower firmware? It requires a Nintendo Network connection to work (which this spoofer bypassed), so we can at least see if the problem lies within the spoof or just the eShop itself.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried running a game like Pokemon Shuffle on a lower firmware? It requires a Nintendo Network connection to work (which this spoofer bypassed), so we can at least see if the problem lies within the spoof or just the eShop itself.
Downloading it now to test.

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If he was able to fix it for HANS that quickly, what the fudge was the problem?

depends on what he changed, if he changed something on nim it should be possible, if he changed something on the eshop binary it is not possible for now.

An other problem is that I only write the ns patch by myself, if I could use ntr(or something ram dumping) and hans it would be easy to debug it, if not its not easy for me to fix it.

Reactions: Ronhero

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on what he changed, if he changed something on nim it should be possible, if he changed something on the eshop binary it is not possible for now.

An other problem is that I only write the ns patch by myself, if I could use ntr(or something ram dumping) and hans it would be easy to debug it, if not its not easy for me to fix it.

Based on what I have seen with experimenting, it sounds like Nintendo was in the process of moving stuff to a new CDN and the 10.0+ eshop was able to access both the old one and the new one. Part of the maintenance (the bulk of it probably) this weekend was likely finalizing the transfer and taking the old CDN offline. Would explain why we can access the eshop and sign into NNID, but get an error on price check and downloads.

If that is the case, it would probably require editing the binary :(

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I doubt if hans is available to fix this.
As 3Dbrew said, Nintendo changed URL to new ones on this e-shop maintenance.
Old version tigers (e-shop client's codename, 0004001000020900 in Japanese) cannot recognize new URLs.
Hans doesn't have such a function to automatically change old URLs into new URLs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1