[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

koffieleut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not sure why, but the App keeps crashing on me when I try to run it. Will try again, as might be missing something, or might need to update some items
Maybe you have to many plugins running on the background, I have turned a few off myself in ur0:tai by putting a hash sign in front of the plugin name.

Reactions: SuperDan

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to say this, but patching the images to get 1 frame more is just not a good idea. And the test members from rinne are wrong, there are talking about games with 20fps, there is nothing in the world with 20fps, we have 25fps or 29,97fps for TVcable consoles. I end up with the same result like all the other testers, but using different video settings. In the end the patches are not the solution.

Example :
Real videos has a framerate of 60%.
The gameplay for self has mostly a framerate of 70% - 80%.
When rinne fix the framerate for real videos, the gameplay will get a massiv booster, thats it.

I am done with testing, we need a update with +20% or 30% more framerate thats all. But compared version 1 where only a small handfull was starting and the framerate was 10% or 20%. Rinne was doing a great job for version 2, mostly all games starting and he was give it +70% more framerate. So lets see when rinne brings version 3, hopefully. Anyway version 2 was a great job and a little bit is playable so far ! Dont waste time with patching images.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to say this, but patching the images to get 1 frame more is just not a good idea. And the test members from rinne are wrong, there are talking about games with 20fps, there is nothing in the world with 20fps, we have 25fps or 29,97fps for TVcable consoles. I end up with the same result like all the other testers, but using different video settings. In the end the patches are not the solution.

Example :
When rinne fix the framerate for real videos, the gameplay will get a massiv booster, thats it.

I am done with testing, we need a update with +20% or 30% more framerate thats all. But compared version 1 where only a small handfull was starting and the framerate was 10% or 20%. Rinne was doing a great job for version 2, mostly all games starting and he was give it +70% more framerate. So lets see when rinne brings version 3, hopefully. Anyway version 2 was a great job and a little bit is playable so far ! Dont waste time with patching images.
I don't know actually ready to rumble boxing 2 definitely plays better... Rayman 2 was supposed to be playable prior to the patch.. But I didn't try it before the patch but it works well here

Reactions: peter8

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Make no sense, its the same when we start patching snes or n64 rom files. And the emulator give you also a 30fps limit option, so patch not needed. Just waiting for performance update.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the controls settings of Flycast, choose the 2nd PSVita Controller option (at the bottom) and choose Map.
Then unmap the triggers from C and Z, and map them to left trigger right trigger.
Hell yeah!!!!! BRING IT ON!!!!!!!! Not sure why, but the Games I tried, all seem to work pretty great. GDIs, and only Game to run kind of slow was MK Gold

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update, lets hope it runs faster now.

Flycast Vita v.1.0.3

Changelog (v.1.0.3):
- Replaced AutoPlugin2 warning with a check on kubridge versioning.
- Added a check for kubridge existence.
- Increased available memory for the emulator by 6 MBs.
- Fixed an error causing a crash when attempting to boot unsupported platforms roms. Now it'll nicely error instead.
- Added Fast Sorting option for Transparency Sorting for a faster but less precise sorting algorithm usage.
- Updated to latest vitaGL commit.

Deckard5621

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flycast Vita v.1.0.3

Changelog (v.1.0.3):
- Fixed an error causing a crash when attempting to boot unsupported platforms roms. Now it'll nicely error instead.
- Added Fast Sorting option for Transparency Sorting for a faster but less precise sorting algorithm usage.
I may give this a try now sounds like a substantial update

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Flycast Vita v.1.0.3

Changelog (v.1.0.3):
I have a day off too! Let me test a few favorites again!

Reactions: Deckard5621

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Example :

Doesn't Ocarina of Time for the N64 runs at 20fps?

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ PacBunny :
First this is dreamcast topic, second you had post fake builds and I dont talk with stupid people. Can you even prove your answer ? But talking of the n64 emulator for the vita it also need a huge update, donkey kong n64 carsh after the half when the maps gets bigger and framerate is very slow, tested the last days.

@ SuperDan : testing version 3, it feel the same performance like the older one, but not fully tested. Anyway Unreal Tournament has now texture errors, this was not on the old version 2. Resident Evil 3 works the same like the older version. Maybe it dont get better, but I am willing to wait for more updates. I want to know how Sega Saturn would be work on vita ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/8FD7Uuo2tYw?si=agfH-CKBav-2B11w