[RELEASE] Flycast Vita by Rinnegatamante & Bythos

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, was unsure in first moment, its a emulator based on the dreamcast engine to play homebrew games. not directly for original dreamcast games. but anyway very interesting. maybe its possible to write a reverse dreamcast engine for all games ? its anyway a emulator somehow.

Reactions: SuperDan

eXtremeDevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to remap buttons PER GAME? I tried without any luck, the remaps are always save to global configs. Not a big deal, I just want to make sure if I can do it or not.

Thanks for the app!

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, was unsure in first moment, its a emulator based on the dreamcast engine to play homebrew games. not directly for original dreamcast games. but anyway very interesting. maybe its possible to write a reverse dreamcast engine for all games ? its anyway a emulator somehow.
I don't think you understand. It's not based on the "Dreamcast engine"; not really sure what that even means. It's a homebrew app that plays Mugen. It also has a build that runs on Dreamcast, which I believe is where the confusion lies.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some new Tests ->

Title = deSPIRIA
Region = Japan Only
Image CDI = Despiria (Japan).cdi / 99% Perfect working. CG Videos works to 99% perfect.
Image CHD = deSPIRIA (Japan).chd / 99% Perfect working. CG Videos works to 90% slow.
Image GDI = deSPIRIA v1.001 (2000)(Atlus)(JP) / 99% Perfect working. CG Videos works to 90% slow.
Result = Use CDI only and it works perfect, CHD and GDI has Video slow down problems.

Description :
deSpiria is an RPG adventure that takes place in the futuristic Japan of 2070. Twenty-two years after the World War III, an organization known as Church has taken power. You play as Allure Valentine, a girl who was recruited by the Church as an undercover agent.
The entire game is viewed from first-person perspective. The movements are shown as short CG sequences, similar to many Western-style adventures.

Note :
deSPIRIA English Translation only on Youtube, there is no english patch.

Title = Resident Evil 2 BETA / Prototype
Region = Japan
Image GDI = Resident Evil 2 (Feb 22, 2000 prototype) V1.000
Result = Not working ! Also any final version is not working.

Title = Resident Evil Code Veronica BETA / Prototype
Region = Japan
Image GDI = Resident Evil Code Veronica japonais final First (Feb 18, 2000 Prototype) disc 1
Result = Same like the final version. Working with ~80fps and many slow downs, but textures mostly perfect.

Playable List :

Fighting Force 2 CHD - good working, fps 90% or 100%, slow downs here and there, playable. works from start to end.
Nanatsu no Hikan CDI - best and perfect working title, fps 95% or 100%, playable. works from start to end. English Patch V3.
Biohazard 3 CDI - good enough working, fps 80% or 99%, has drop downs here and there, playable. works from start to end.
Prince of Persia CHD - mostly perfect working, fps 99%, playable.
The Ring Terror Realms CHD - good enough, fps 80% or 99% not perfect, has some little texture problems, playable.
Silent Scope - is slightly playable, fps can have 80% or 90% or little more. performance is smoth.
Illbleed - is slightly playable, fps can have 80% or 90% or 99%. decent playable. crash often. chapter 1 full working.
Resident Evil Code Veronica CDI - slightly playable, fps is between 60% or 90%, depends on rain and enemys.
deSPIRIA CDI - mostly perfect working 99% fps, playable. do not use CHD or GDI.

Note : results depends on the Emulation Settings !

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think flycast is discontinued. been almost a year since. I've moved on to other portables that can play dreamcast games fine.
Yeah, what Vita does really, really well is PSP / PlayStation 1 backwards compatibility, alongside the Android games which run on it and the back catalogue of PSP homebrew.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, what Vita does really, really well is PSP / PlayStation 1 backwards compatibility, alongside the Android games which run on it and the back catalogue of PSP homebrew.
Well from what I recall Rinnegatamante wanted to see if he could get marvel vs capcom 2 to run at full speed (or at least better) and so he continued making the emulator til someone "leaked" it and used it as an excuse to stop working on it. I remember he used to freely give out nightly updates, not sure what went through his head when he figured that stopping that and not allowing people to play new releases was a good idea.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well from what I recall Rinnegatamante wanted to see if he could get marvel vs capcom 2 to run at full speed (or at least better) and so he continued making the emulator til someone "leaked" it and used it as an excuse to stop working on it. I remember he used to freely give out nightly updates, not sure what went through his head when he figured that stopping that and not allowing people to play new releases was a good idea.
And then Sonic Mania released and everyone was like "whats Flycast?".

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wondering when other Android Games will get Ported. Been waiting for a couple of them, but they dont seem to have any progress, even on the working on Listing.
Would love for SFIV HD to be Ported, but apparently the Required DL is not working anymore, even if you have the SFIV Data.

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Smoker1 :

yeah the android list explode. I am higly waiting for need for speed no limits android and doom3, half life 2, painkiller. was hope that coder v-atamanenko brings new stuff, but its all silence. we can not request android ports.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Smoker1 :

yeah the android list explode. I am higly waiting for need for speed no limits android and doom3, half life 2, painkiller. was hope that coder v-atamanenko brings new stuff, but its all silence. we can not request android ports.
lol I bet he has another stupid "rule" where if you ask for something he'll quit making them haha

peter8

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ realtimesave :

for 20 years ago, we was just saying thank you, for every single port !

I am thankfully for every port from rinne, he was doing a lot this year and the last month, even my head is overburn from all testing. Its a great time and I love it. And there is also team up work here. The coder doing this with all there free life time. Rinne brings so many updates for every single port and this is so many work, its great. I wish him great christmass time in this hard times in europe...
I was never ask rinne something, I just take it thankfully. So thanks...

we are both done here.

• Love
Reactions: jeferey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg