Homebrew [Release] Flappy Bird DS

PolyMars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Introducing a port of a 6-year-old game to a 14-year-old console that nobody asked for...

Flappy Bird DS

qEYaJx.png
qE6sA3.png
cdkE2Z.png
8r6bYk.png

For fun, I remade Flappy Bird for the Nintendo DS using libnds and NightFox's Lib. My goal was to remake the game as accurately as possible, so it has most of the features that the original game has, like this intuitive splashscreen on startup:

lsmLFN.png

Crazy, right? :rolleyes:

Download

If you're somehow interested in trying this clone for yourself, you can download it here (direct GBATemp link). You can alternatively get the game on my itch.io page!

And if you want to know how I went about creating this game, I made a video explaining the entire process!

I hope someone finds enjoyment out of this, or, at the very least is inspired by it to make a DS game!

Attachments

• flappy-bird-ds.zip
    167 KB · Views: 751

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Introducing a port of a 6-year-old game to a 14-year-old console that nobody asked for...

Flappy Bird DS

qEYaJx.png
qE6sA3.png
cdkE2Z.png
8r6bYk.png

For fun, I remade Flappy Bird for the Nintendo DS using libnds and NightFox's Lib. My goal was to remake the game as accurately as possible, so it has most of the features that the original game has, like this intuitive splashscreen on startup:

lsmLFN.png

Crazy, right? :rolleyes:

Download

If you're somehow interested in trying this clone for yourself, you can download it here (direct GBATemp link). You can alternatively get the game on my itch.io page!

And if you want to know how I went about creating this game, I made a video explaining the entire process!

I hope someone finds enjoyment out of this, or, at the very least is inspired by it to make a DS game!

Hello.:)

A really great and funny Game.Very good Work.:yay:
Maybe you also plan to integrate Music ?

Thank you for sharing your Game.
Please keep on your very good work.:)

PolyMars

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really impressive! It launches fine from TWiLight Menu on my DSi. Is the source available? It seems like this would be a nice framework for others to toy around with getting other simple homebrew games going.
I won't be releasing the source for this game, since, as it was my first attempt at making a DS game, there are definitely things I could have done better (ex: NFLib has a sprite move function, but instead of using it I redraw sprites and reset their properties every frame) and I don't want to misdirect any newcomers.

I plan on releasing the source for all of my future DS homebrew projects though, which will probably be easier to learn from :)

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I like this homebrew, really. But I hope people won't end up smashing their DS/3DSes (this is what led the original mobile version to get removed from App Store).

On my R4 RTS with Wi-Fi it doesn't work at all.

Last edited by SDA,

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you see that I edited my post? I was referring to the mobile version from 2013.
Yes, and it's not true. Flappy Bird was not removed from the App Store due to "people smashing their devices".
Flappy Bird was removed from both the App Store and Google Play by its creator on February 10, 2014, due to guilt over what he considered to be its addictive nature and overuse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy_Bird

Last edited by matt!,

SDA

".bmob mota ruoy htiw flesruoy kcuf og yeH"
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, I quoted it, and it's untrue. Flappy Bird was not removed from the App Store due to "people smashing their devices".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy_Bird
But also by the fact that the creator of the game said "that he did not sleep anymore due to that game".

Apart all of this, the homebrew is not working on my R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...