• Views 1,502,005
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh... it's SUPER buried in there! Mount .cia as drive image, then select .app and go through NCCH image options... Godmode9 is certainly a piece of work :bow:
Well thank the maker for that. Yeah, mounting cia files is a nice feature, it be useful for something I guess. So far I been using it to dump files from cia instead of having to decrypt it and move cia to pc and use a tool to unpack it. Useful for getting music from games to listen to in foobar. :P

Still just remember to be careful using godmode9. Even if you don't want to use luma or rosalina, you could least keep a copy of the cia to inject H&S with when you need to. Is not recommended to keep it injected anyway.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no longer any need to. Even if you don't like Luma, you can launch HBL via the Rosalina menu with full permissions, and use the .3dsx version to install the .cia. Injecting was a dirty, dirty, hack and was never intended to be a permanent solution. Furthermore, you should be using tinyformat, if you want to format for some reason.

I know that but I asked how install it on NAND, not if I should install it on NAND or not.

In any case, thanks for you answer, I understand that you want say.

You do it by injecting it into health and safety using godmode9 or some other boot time payload.

Thanks.

Last edited by Keizel,

Asaulin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no longer any need to. Even if you don't like Luma, you can launch HBL via the Rosalina menu with full permissions, and use the .3dsx version to install the .cia. Injecting was a dirty, dirty, hack and was never intended to be a permanent solution. Furthermore, you should be using tinyformat, if you want to format for some reason.

See above.

What are you talking about? It works perfectly fine :wtf:
keep saying kernel access

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
what do you mean by that ? my problem is i cant access homebrew menu anymore ..
I would like to know how i could uninstall .cia
my 3ds is fuly hacked godmode rosalina etc. but i installed to many files and it started overwriting other stuff.

It's even more bizarre that i can access this so called rosalina menu and god mode but how the heck am i supposed to access homebrew or fbi again?
so strange

Last edited by gunghir,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by that ? my problem is i cant access homebrew menu anymore ..
I would like to know how i could uninstall .cia
my 3ds is fuly hacked godmode rosalina etc. but i installed to many files and it started overwriting other stuff.

It's even more bizarre that i can access this so called rosalina menu and god mode but how the heck am i supposed to access homebrew or fbi again?
so strange
Umm you can use the 3ds system manager in options to uninstall stuff, you don't have to use fbi to uninstall apps Lol :P

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Thanks i understand that part :P
But it seems i have installed to many .cia files on my 3ds.
So i will get back my other files if i just keep removing them ?

Do you get my point ?

holy shit i have to manually uninstall 200 apps

heads up for other people DONT USE to many inject VC games wtf man this is gonna take forever
the maximum of installed game pages on the 3ds seems 60

Last edited by gunghir,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks i understand that part :P
But it seems i have installed to many .cia files on my 3ds.
So i will get back my other files if i just keep removing them ?

Do you get my point ?

holy shit i have to manually uninstall 200 apps
Sound more like you broke the 300 app limit on the homescreen and lost some apps that you can't see cause of it. If that the case, maybe you can try this.
  1. download this file CLICK HERE
  2. Put it on your sd card in the 3DS folder. (IS where the homebrew you load using homebrew loader)
  3. Start 3ds download play.
  4. open rosalina menu and go to miscellaneous and select the first option to switch hb. to hbloader.
  5. Close 3ds download play by pressing home and open it again, it should load homebrew loader. Load fbi installer from the list.
You should be able to manage or uninstall your stuff that way. (Might wanna remember that next time you put too many apps on the system that the limit is 300. :ninja:

Reactions: gunghir

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ! well now i know never to get past 300 apps ugh what a stupid rule
Why is it stupid? Nintendo never expects anyone to just go that far, why would they? Who has time to do that much especially since they never authorized any sd card over 32GB in the first place. Anyway is not important. Just remember next time. You homebrew hoarder. :P

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
i intended to use my new3ds as a mobile version of my collection at home. Since the screen looks amazing for genesis and snes games almost 1:1 i wanted to have all the games on the go. And look fancy with each their own 3ds tile.

not doing that again xD

i just wasted 2 hours on this mistake <3

gunghir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
yeah i tried that not sure if i am a fan seems rather sluggish to boot on the new 3ds imo.
Games do run great when they start tho.

Anyway thanks to the people in this thread that helped me very kind of you !

Reactions: Giodude

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1