• Views 1,496,426
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What CIA is it? Usually misaligned size is a problem with the CIA file.

Not actually, this happend to me a few times when the connection was unstable, i just tried again and it worked...
If you keep getting that error try installing from the SD.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, with rxTools you can have emunand on 9.6 and then, you can download the update from eShop.

And today, Roxas has released rxTools 2.4 with which you can inject emunand ticket.db to sysnand and you can use your things that you have downloaded on your sysnand (I think it'll only work with linked emunand)

How exactly do I use rxTools to do that. I tried loading the Ninjax Exploit version but it doesn't go beyond "Initialize..." I have an emuNand from Gateway setup as 9.0.0-20U with my sysNand as 9.0.0-20U. I don't have my Gateway cards yet (still waiting for them in the mail).

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How exactly do I use rxTools to do that. I tried loading the Ninjax Exploit version but it doesn't go beyond "Initialize..." I have an emuNand from Gateway setup as 9.0.0-20U with my sysNand as 9.0.0-20U. I don't have my Gateway cards yet (still waiting for them in the mail).
Use the QR Code to launch rxTools until the Ninjhax launcher is fixed. Or go to launch.rxtools.net on the 3DS. Or downgrade MSET and use that to start it.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the QR Code to launch rxTools until the Ninjhax launcher is fixed. Or go to launch.rxtools.net on the 3DS. Or downgrade MSET and use that to start it.

I tried going to the website with the 3DS all I get is some text and nothing happens after that. It just says the rxTools is launching. I am on an N3DS if that matters.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried going to the website with the 3DS all I get is some text and nothing happens after that. It just says the rxTools is launching. I am on an N3DS if that matters.
Yep, that'll screw you up. I'm pretty sure the only way to even access the rxTools menu on N3DS is through the Ninjhax which is broken at the moment.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that'll screw you up. I'm pretty sure the only way to even access the rxTools menu on N3DS is through the Ninjhax which is broken at the moment.

Perfect. At least I can play some Smash Bros. using FBI and NTR 2.2. I guess I'll have to wait for my Gateway so I can go into emuNand and get to the eShop.

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
Not actually, this happend to me a few times when the connection was unstable, i just tried again and it worked...
If you keep getting that error try installing from the SD.

What's the biggest CIA you managed to install over the air?
I was trying FE:A which is about 1.2 GiB and gave up after 3 attempts (I think it got to like 60% at most)

Maybe the homebrew is a bit too sensitive about connection quality? 2.4GHz is ridiculously overcrowded around here, so I could imagine a packet getting lost every now and then.

D

Deleted User

OP
I was trying FE:A which is about 1.2 GiB and gave up after 3 attempts (I think it got to like 60% at most)

Maybe the homebrew is a bit too sensitive about connection quality? 2.4GHz is ridiculously overcrowded around here, so I could imagine a packet getting lost every now and then.

It goes through the 3DS's normal socket service, although I have been told that ctrulib sockets do currently have a few quirks. I'd only really recommend network installation for smaller CIAs.

Reactions: minexew

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Perfect. At least I can play some Smash Bros. using FBI and NTR 2.2. I guess I'll have to wait for my Gateway so I can go into emuNand and get to the eShop.
Yeah... You won't be doing that either.

You have to be on the latest firmware to access the eShop. Gateway doesn't support 9.6 on new3DSes, nor will it anytime soon, if ever.

(Did you do *any* research before buying your Gateway?)

You've only got two options; you can either stay on the 9.0, or you can manually update to 9.5 with .cia files. Either way, you won't have eShop access.

There's no new3DS support yet, not even via Ninjhax.

Nic333

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Mario Kart 7 Rev.0 which is 640mb (with no Manual or Download Play data, too lazy to convert that)
I just have one problem during install where it gived to me the misaligned size error at 45%
On next attempt it installed.

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. I added it to the first post as an alternative, hope you don't mind. Java was just the quickest, most convenient, and most compatible way for me to implement sockfile. Alternatives are certainly welcome.

Please, and thanks for all your (amazing) work on FBI. I just saw people grumbling about java and figured I could try to help. Hope it works for everyone!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... You won't be doing that either.

You have to be on the latest firmware to access the eShop. Gateway doesn't support 9.6 on new3DSes, nor will it anytime soon, if ever.

(Did you do *any* research before buying your Gateway?)

You've only got two options; you can either stay on the 9.0, or you can manually update to 9.5 with .cia files. Either way, you won't have eShop access.

There's no new3DS support yet, not even via Ninjhax.

I have a few hacks I want to try out to get eShop access.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to dump a list of the installed system titles and their version to the SD card? Something like syscheck on the Wii?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This? (I wasn't aware of this method when I originally replied to you)
I'm hoping to try it myself later to download OOT.
Something similar.

Why is Ninjahax broken? Server not reachable? Is it already fixed now?

The Ninjahax exploit itself isn't broken. The .3dsx version of rxTools is. The person who wrote rxTools bricked his 3DS and had no way of really testing this new version too much. He can't continue until his gets someone to unbrick his 3DS. Plus he was in a motorcycle accident recently.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Ninjahax exploit itself isn't broken. The .3dsx version of rxTools is. The person who wrote rxTools bricked his 3DS and had no way of really testing this new version too much. He can't continue until his gets someone to unbrick his 3DS. Plus he was in a motorcycle accident recently.
...and he's on a study trip for the week. So it could be a little while before the wrinkles are ironed out.

doolaik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This was posted a few pages back, and I'm wondering the same thing; could we patch in the N3DS's internet browser to our O3DS to add HTML5 support? Is there much more to the new Browser that would limit us from being able to watch videos, ie. Hardware support?

*snip*

Also, couldn't we install the New 3DS's browser on the Old 3DS (for watching videos and stuff)?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This was posted a few pages back, and I'm wondering the same thing; could we patch in the N3DS's internet browser to our O3DS to add HTML5 support? Is there much more to the new Browser that would limit us from being able to watch videos, ie. Hardware support?
The New 3DS has a hardware engine to decrypt videos which the o3DS doesn't. I think that the browser uses that.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I'm on 4.4J, using PBT, trying to use FBI but it just boots to a black screen, home button doesn't work, but the wireless LED keeps flashing like usual.. Any ideas?
also bbm works but doesn't let me uninstall system titles (twl_firm and whitelist) so I can't intall older ones with it.
Was really hoping to use FBI :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D:)