• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've successfully uninstalled TWL_FIRM and DS Cart Whitelist from sysnand and installed TWL_FIRM and DS Cart White list from v2.0 initial scan versions from CDN (basically installed the oldest available versions on CDN). Appears to work. Though only DS flashcart I have is the Gateway Blue card so I can't really test that. It still works on my 9.2 sysnand after this so I assume this worked correctly.

So in theory anything that worked on 2.0 FW will now work on 9.2 which is what my sysnand is currently on.

I'd install the v1.0 TWL and DS Cart White list, but those aren't on the CDN. 1.0 launch FW isn't on CDN. Is it even possible to dump TWL to a CIA file like you can most other system titles? That's the only way I see 1.0 TWL becoming available to the rest of us. I emplore those who still have a 1.0 launch console to do this. That's assuming you have it nand modded and have a backup of your 1.0 launch FW that you can boot as emunand...if that is even possible. :P

Either way this appears to be safe. So if you are looking to downgrade TWL/DS Cart White list for better DS flashcart white list on 9.x sysnand. You now have a way to do it.

However for n3DS users:

Do not attempt to downgrade TWL_FIRM! n3DS has it's own version of TWL and the old 3DS version is NOT compatible! You can downgrade TWL on n3DS, but only to the oldest available version which is the one that came with 8.1 for Japan consoles and 9.0 for USA/Europe consoles. Installing 2.0 TWL from classic 3DS on N3DS will either brick it or break TWL!

DS Cart White list is not it's own version on n3DS. So you can still uninstall that from n3DS. Heck I wonder if you even have to install 2.0 DS Cart White list. Just uninstall it and be done with it. :P

EDIT:

Actually after further tests....Don't leave the DS Cart White List uninstalled. Oddly a "broken" one works (the version where people spoofed the version string and broke the signature), but if one isn't present at all, TWL won't boot. Even my legit DS games wouldn't boot.

So be sure to have some kind of DS Cart White list installed or DS games won't boot. Preferably the v2.0 (v1.0 if you have a way of dumping it from 1.0 FW).

Also I've uninstalled the following apps from sysnand without any adverse effects:

Health & Safety
Nintendo Zone
AR Games
Face Raiders
Mii Plaza

(refer to http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php for title IDs of the above mentioned apps. Note that some may have different title ids depending on your region of console)

I did this to help it boot up faster as I never use those. I will keep them on emunand however as I might find a use for one or two down the road. Emunand is where all my games live. Sysnand is just there so the console can power up. :P

Heck I could probably uninstall some applets as well like the friends list and Mii zone. I could also remove Activity Log, the audio player, and camera/video player app. But the camera applet might not work correctly without the camera/video player app and I may still use the camera applet for it's QR scanner. Obviously the Web Browser would stick around as well. :P

The audio player I will just keep there incase I want to bootup and just play some music. Especially if I'm on the road trip or something.

In either case, the above list of apps I have tested the system with them uinstalled and everything appears to still work. I don't know if this causes issues with playing games in sysnand. But the only game I may use in sysnand is Cubic Ninja and I did test that one as well and the Ninjhax exploit still works so that is all that matters for me on sysnand. Note n3DS may have different title IDs for certain apps. Especially those that have features only available on the n3DS.
i could not find the Title ID's for my EU N3DS for:

Health & Safety
Nintendo Zone
AR Games
Face Raiders

any help would be appreciated

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i could not find the Title ID's for my EU N3DS for:

Health & Safety
Nintendo Zone
AR Games
Face Raiders

any help would be appreciated
Should probably take a look at http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php then. For example: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=10-29-14_08-05-02&sys=ktr&soap=1

Edit: huh. I actually don't see those titles for EU. That's odd. (I am pretty tired though so might just be missing them)

Edit2: They're in the lists, just not labelled. No idea why.
  • 0004001020022D00 EUR Face Raiders
  • 0004001020022300 EUR Health and Safety
  • 0004001000022E00 EUR AR Games (Same as O3DS)
  • 0004001000022B00 EUR Nintendo Zone App (Same as O3DS)
  • 0004800F484E4841 DS Flashcard Whitelist (Same for all devices. Can remove and install v0)

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried FBI yesterday (version downloaded on April 14th). Works absolutely great and it's beautiful in it's simplicity. Thank you for your effort!

Just a small bug report and a suggestion...
  • After deleting a .CIA, FBI, the Homebew Launcher and CN crashed (NINJHAX on N3DS v9.0.0E), rebooting the 3DS. This might not be the most used function, so that one may have just slipped through. However, the .CIA was actually deleted.
  • I suggest you put in some kind of confirmation for the more dangerous stuff (uninstalling .CIA from NAND). You could, for example, use the SELECT button to enable 'expert mode'. I know, this is not exactly a noob friendly tool, but without some kind of warning I already see the "FBI bricked my 3DS!!!!!111" threads poping up before my inner eye.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Should probably take a look at http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php then. For example: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=10-29-14_08-05-02&sys=ktr&soap=1

Edit: huh. I actually don't see those titles for EU. That's odd. (I am pretty tired though so might just be missing them)

Edit2: They're in the lists, just not labelled. No idea why.
  • 0004001020022D00 EUR Face Raiders
  • 0004001020022300 EUR Health and Safety
  • 0004001000022E00 EUR AR Games (Same as O3DS)
  • 0004001000022B00 EUR Nintendo Zone App (Same as O3DS)
  • 0004800F484E4841 DS Flashcard Whitelist (Same for all devices. Can remove and install v0)

0004800F484E4841 DS Flashcard Whitelist Why remove and install v0 and no v8192 as it is on http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=12-04-12_08-00-18&sys=ctr

WateredFire19

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apache Thunder When i tried to install that DS card whitelist it gave me an error. Did you install it so your SD card or NAND?
Also, couldn't we install the New 3DS's browser on the Old 3DS (for watching videos and stuff)?

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I usually switch over and install it with DevMenu. But if you install it with FBI, make sure you have destination set to NAND. You'll get an error if you try to install system titles to SD card when using FBI.
Do you think it will work with FBI on new3ds sysnand ?

D

Deleted User

OP
I tried FBI yesterday (version downloaded on April 14th). Works absolutely great and it's beautiful in it's simplicity. Thank you for your effort!

Just a small bug report and a suggestion...
  • After deleting a .CIA, FBI, the Homebew Launcher and CN crashed (NINJHAX on N3DS v9.0.0E), rebooting the 3DS. This might not be the most used function, so that one may have just slipped through. However, the .CIA was actually deleted.
  • I suggest you put in some kind of confirmation for the more dangerous stuff (uninstalling .CIA from NAND). You could, for example, use the SELECT button to enable 'expert mode'. I know, this is not exactly a noob friendly tool, but without some kind of warning I already see the "FBI bricked my 3DS!!!!!111" threads poping up before my inner eye.
First bug is fixed, was an issue with the file list length changing making the cursor on a non-existent item. For the second item, I added a second confirmation screen with a big warning when deleting from the NAND.

Reactions: d0k3

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Invalid description (0x189) happens when the software part on your SD card is corrupted.

Can you remove the DS whitelist with just a N3DS and Cubic ninja with FBI? Can anyone give me a small guide how i would go about doing that?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0004800F484E4841 DS Flashcard Whitelist Why remove and install v0 and no v8192 as it is on http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=12-04-12_08-00-18&sys=ctr
Because v0 is the oldest version of the list and would unblock a lot more flashcards. Updating that title serves no purpose aside from making sure you can't use DSi carts.
Invalid description (0x189) happens when the software part on your SD card is corrupted.

Can you remove the DS whitelist with just a N3DS and Cubic ninja with FBI? Can anyone give me a small guide how i would go about doing that?
Provided you are on 9.2 or lower, yes.
  1. Use 3DNUS and download title 0004800F484E4841 version 0. Pack as CIA.
  2. Put 0004800F484E4841.cia on SD card where you can find it.
  3. Download newest FBI and put it in the 3ds folder. (eg /3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh)
  4. Run ninjhax and then FBI. Press L to switch to NAND. Press R twice to switch to Delete Title mode.
  5. Find Title ID 0004800F484E4841. Quadruple check to make sure it is correct.
  6. Hit A to delete, read the warnings.
  7. Hit R twice mode to get back to Install CIA mode. Find your 0004800F484E4841.cia
  8. Make sure you're still in NAND mode, not SD. Install the CIA.
  9. ????
  10. Profit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...