• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,492,702
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
Invalid description (0x189) happens when the software part on your SD card is corrupted.

Can you remove the DS whitelist with just a N3DS and Cubic ninja with FBI? Can anyone give me a small guide how i would go about doing that?

Yes, but be sure to be careful when deleting titles from NAND. Find out what the title ID/product code for the whitelist is, switch to NAND destination and "Delete Title" mode, look for it in the list, and delete.

EDIT: Hashtastrophe's mini-guide looks good, follow that I guess.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because v0 is the oldest version of the list and would unblock a lot more flashcards. Updating that title serves no purpose aside from making sure you can't use DSi carts.
Provided you are on 9.2 or lower, yes.
  1. Use 3DNUS and download title 0004800F484E4841 version 0. Pack as CIA.
  2. Put 0004800F484E4841.cia on SD card where you can find it.
  3. Download newest FBI and put it in the 3ds folder. (eg /3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh)
  4. Run ninjhax and then FBI. Press L to switch to NAND. Press R twice to switch to Delete Title mode.
  5. Find Title ID 0004800F484E4841. Quadruple check to make sure it is correct.
  6. Hit A to delete, read the warnings.
  7. Hit R twice mode to get back to Install CIA mode. Find your 0004800F484E4841.cia
  8. Make sure you're still in NAND mode, not SD. Install the CIA.
  9. ????
  10. Profit
Thanks for the guide. Unfortunatly this doesn't seem to unblock the acekard 2i

Furrymatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because v0 is the oldest version of the list and would unblock a lot more flashcards. Updating that title serves no purpose aside from making sure you can't use DSi carts.
Provided you are on 9.2 or lower, yes.
  3. Download newest FBI and put it in the 3ds folder. (eg /3ds/FBI/FBI.3dsx and FBI.smdh)
  4. Run ninjhax and then FBI. Press L to switch to NAND. Press R twice to switch to Delete Title mode.
  7. Hit R twice mode to get back to Install CIA mode. Find your 0004800F484E4841.cia
  9. ????
  10. Profit
This is what we needed lol a step by step guide! you should post this in its own thread

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until that pull request gives me a way to know what the title ID of a CIA is, it won't even know what to uninstall.

The old firmware.bin trick may work, although I doubt it as patch addresses between FIRM versions might differ. That's probably why it even needs firmware.bin instead of using emuNAND's FIRM partition.

Depends on whether it was created with your own legitimate update ticket and whether or not the CIA created was legit. Also, it has to be from an emuNAND linked with the sysNAND. It's worth a shot to try to install.
So I tried downgrading the firmware.bin and I tried to load up rxTools and it said the firmware was currupted so I couldn't even load into emunand.

Anyway, another reason why I wanted to do it through emunand was because if I tried ot install hte update CIA for super smash brothers and if anything went wrong or something and it forsome reason bricked my emunand, I wouldn't care since I can just inject another one.

Anyway, I installed a cia onto the SD card while just on sysnand. If I do happen to install a bad cia on the sd card, nothing will actually happen to my sysnand correct? And I could just delete the contents on in the title directory on the SD card and it will remove said CIA, correct?

I'm trying to keep myself safe by not installing things straight to the sysnand because I know things can go wrong if not done correctly.

D

Deleted User

OP
So I tried downgrading the firmware.bin and I tried to load up rxTools and it said the firmware was currupted so I couldn't even load into emunand.

Anyway, another reason why I wanted to do it through emunand was because if I tried ot install hte update CIA for super smash brothers and if anything went wrong or something and it forsome reason bricked my emunand, I wouldn't care since I can just inject another one.

Anyway, I installed a cia onto the SD card while just on sysnand. If I do happen to install a bad cia on the sd card, nothing will actually happen to my sysnand correct? And I could just delete the contents on in the title directory on the SD card and it will remove said CIA, correct?

I'm trying to keep myself safe by not installing things straight to the sysnand because I know things can go wrong if not done correctly.

IIRC, bad CIAs on sysNAND just won't work while on sysNAND, so you should be safe as long as you don't install bad core system titles or play with the NAND too much.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, that something older necessarily blocks less turns out to be false. The old 2.0.0-2 version works just fine with my Acekard 2i, but it breaks the DSTwo. Went back to the version from 4.3.0-10 (and the TWL_FIRM from 4.0.0-7 -- it's necessary to downgrade this too because the TWL_FIRM for 4.4.0 also broke many flash carts). The Acekard 2i works, and the DSTwo started working again. Since it seems unlikely people are just going to walk up to me and say "hey, check out this old DS cart man" I think I'm good ;) . However, I hadn't noticed v0 listed so, I didn't know it exists. I'll check it out. EDIT: OK, checked, v0 actually works with the DSTwo. The lowest listed one, v1026, did not for some reason. Oh well.

I`m not sure whether this is actually possible or if it would help, but the theory in this thread is if you can downgrade the TWL_FIRM as well it might open it up.

[WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

It's not a theory, it works. Title ID 0004013800000102. I'd suggest v4265 as it's from version 4.0.0-7, highest version that still works (should allow you to keep the most bugfixes).

I downgraded my ds whitelist on my n3ds but what I'm hearing it's pretty useless on n3ds, is this true?

You can't downgrade TWL_FIRM on the N3DS, so, for an Acekard 2i, it's useless. If you want to use the blue card though, the whitelist may get it to work. I'll test it tomorrow, it's getting late.

Reactions: doolaik

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
v0 is from 1.0 3DS(?) or close to it anyways. (many titles have a v0, check 3DBrew if unsure) Not sure why v1026 broke DSTwo but that would have peeved me if I installed that and later tried to use my DSTwo, so thanks for the heads up. (I am aware that DSTwo still works on latest FWs. Downgraded for sciences. Also downgraded the badwords list to v0)

Thanks for the guide. Unfortunatly this doesn't seem to unblock the acekard 2i
That's because some carts are blocked another way. They're blocked by TWL_FIRM and you can only get them to work by downgrading that as well. If you have an N3DS, it won't work as it has its own version of TWL_FIRM and the oldest it can install already blocks a bunch of carts.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. I have an N3DS at 9.0.0-20U. Can I use this app to manually upgrade to 9.2.0-20U? As far as I can tell only the Home Menu and CVer (whatever that is) was updated. What exactly is CVer? This is a great app.

Brewzip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CIAs made with FunkyCia (eg. game update) and installed with FBI, remain unsigned?
Can they run in rxMode or other mode with unpatched signature checks?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. I have an N3DS at 9.0.0-20U. Can I use this app to manually upgrade to 9.2.0-20U? As far as I can tell only the Home Menu and CVer (whatever that is) was updated. What exactly is CVer? This is a great app.
It's totally possible and shouldn't be that hard to accomplish. But I would talk to others that have tried this first if you don't have a nand backup and a hard mod.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  9. ????
  10. Profit
Good guide! But, wait, are .CIAs created from 3DNUS titles legit? Meaning we can actually install them to SYSNAND? I guess that method could be used to downgrade the browser then and reenable that exploit? Maybe even mset?

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good guide! But, wait, are .CIAs created from 3DNUS titles legit? Meaning we can actually install them to SYSNAND? I guess that method could be used to downgrade the browser then and reenable that exploit? Maybe even mset?
3DNUS downloaded titles are directly from nintendo and -unless you use the version spoofing function- totally legit.

You can install to whatever NAND you've got FBI running on. It can't tell the difference. But the guide I posted implied sysNAND. Installing the whitelist on emuNAND is pointless.

You can downgrade the browser if you want but not much point as anything that can run FBI or whatever can already use browser hacks.
MSET is possible and has been done by a bunch of people. And to answer the question you'll ask afterwards: no, gateway's DS Profile installer thing for 4.5 isn't going to work, even if you install MSET from 4.5.
MSET from <7.0 is still exploitable though but you'll need a new ROP chain for newer FWs and whatever you want it to launch.

To downgrade anything just remove it and install the replacement. Get TitleIDs/versions from NinUpdates or 3DBrew, download with 3DNUS. Be 1000% careful as the risk of a brick is high, depending on titles downgraded.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
@[user]Steveice10[/user] not really related to FBI, but i just tried to update ctrcommon in my devkitpro with your latest changes but it's failing to compile.

Code:
C:\Users\teron_000\Desktop\GIT-REPOS\ctrcommon>make
Entering '../source/libkhax'
You are not currently on a branch. Please specify which
branch you want to merge with. See git-pull(1) for details.

git pull <remote> <branch>

Stopping at '../source/libkhax'; script returned non-zero status.
make[1]: *** [submodules] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

On another note, is it possible to somehow allow blargsnes (or any other homebrew for that matter) sound on n3ds? I'm no programmer so i dunno how to go about integrating libkhax / service-patch into it so it can access sound. I know some basic (really basic) stuff, but that's about it.

So i thought I'd ask someone who does know how to integrate it into stuff. :)

It seems DiscostewSM's fork is more up to date than Staplebutters.

Would love to play some snes games on my n3ds, seems to look better on the smaller screen to be honest. haha (i also have an old3ds XL).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs