• Views 1,501,048
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked on the noob paradise thread and some one said that fbi doesnt work on higher firmwares. Im on 9.2 and wanted to go to 10.6 Is there any credibility to this?
it will work just fine if installed to emunand, or on cfw. a retail updated console no it will not run on 10.6

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody posted this in another thread, any truth to this claim?

i saw this exact problem at /hbg/ on 4chan.

Its about not being able to update the cia if you updated via fbi correct? Just use eshop for updates id guess, unless theres any reason not to

sacredshinobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its about not being able to update the cia if you updated via fbi correct? Just use eshop for updates id guess, unless theres any reason not to

I've heard that you can't update through eshop if you've previously updated through a cia

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

What? No.

I've heard that you can't update through eshop if you've previously updated through a cia
This is correct. We already established this in your other thread.

But this is irrelevant, because according to you FBI deletes the bad ticket when you uninstall a title. I think you're talking shit wrong.

So I came here to the FBI thread to ask the one person (@Steveice10) who can say definitively either way.

Edit: Only just saw your reply in the other thread saying you were only repeating something you saw someone else say.

Last edited by Zidapi,

sacredshinobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? No.

This is correct. We already established this in your other thread.

But this is irrelevant, because according to you FBI deletes the bad ticket when you uninstall a title. I think you're talking shit.

So I came here to the FBI thread to ask the one person (@Steveice10) who can say definitively either way.

The guy I was quoting recommended using the eshop for updates, hence my statement about why you may not be able to unless he knew a workaround.

In the other thread I never specifically made the claim that FBI deletes the bad ticket. I stated that I read it somewhere by another member and that it could be entirely untrue. I'm not trying to talk shit.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
FBI does not currently delete tickets, however the ability to do so is in the code rewrite currently on GitHub. When I'll get around to finishing the rewrite, I'm not sure. Some issues I've encountered have made working on it a drag.
Woah.. I hope you manage to do this. This will essentially clean the ticket.db from any console ID specific tickets or 0000000 ones (to each their own I suppose)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Steveice10

Something seems wrong with compiling FBI. Devkitpro is installed (which includes devkitarm), citro3ds is installed (make install). FBI source (make) gets me this:

li0FV0Q.png

It seems a variable declaration is missing.

Also while I'm at it, I was trying to compile CTRXplorer by @d0k3 a couple of days ago, which requires citrus from your repository. after installing citrus, compiling CTRXplorer gets me this:

AJzwACK.png

There is no "tools" directory in devkitpro/citrus .. Is this a citrus problem?

Thanks

Reactions: Rohul1997

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@Steveice10

Something seems wrong with compiling FBI. Devkitpro is installed (which includes devkitarm), citro3ds is installed (make install). FBI source (make) gets me this:

li0FV0Q.png

It seems a variable declaration is missing.

Also while I'm at it, I was trying to compile CTRXplorer by @d0k3 a couple of days ago, which requires citrus from your repository. after installing citrus, compiling CTRXplorer gets me this:

AJzwACK.png

Thanks
you need to install steveice's fork of libctru to compile the latest FBI

Reactions: Madridi

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

AJzwACK.png

Thanks
@Steveice10, maybe the make_base file is elsewhere now?

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
you need to install steveice's fork of libctru to compile the latest FBI
Thanks, I had Smea's libctru .. Now that I installed that, compiling was working fine up until it tries building the 3dsx file, I get the:
"3dsxtool.exe has stopped working" from windows, and it gives the error in the picture.
However, when I type make again.. it completes? I assume this isn't normal?

KxgenM9.png

@Steveice10
Please note the citrus issue in my post before this one

Thanks again

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
citrus no longer contains my build tools. They are in a separate repository now, generally intended for inclusion as a submodule.
Any chance you direct me to those build tools then, since that's whats required to build CTRXplorer?

Also, any idea why 3dsxtool.exe is crashing when compiling FBI? it's a minor issue since running make again apparently generates the rest of the files, but I'm not sure about the validity of the 3dsx file.

Thanks

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just realized buildtools was a submodule in FBI, as well as it's own repository (I thought you meant Citrus was it's own repo lol), but I'm not sure what to do with it. I tried simple rename to tools in put it inside the citrus folder, but as expected, that failed :P

@d0k3
Can you maybe include this submodule in CTRXplorer? That would emit the citrus requirement and we would just git clone recursive CTRXplorer and make release?

Last edited by Madridi,
Reactions: d0k3

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Steveice10 Someone said FBI was working on deleting tickets on ticket.db.
Is that true?
I just tried System Transfer but unfortunately it could not remove fake tickets from ticket.db.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@Steveice10 Someone said FBI was working on deleting tickets on ticket.db.
Is that true?
I just tried System Transfer but unfortunately it could not remove fake tickets from ticket.db.

FBI does not currently delete tickets, however the ability to do so is in the code rewrite currently on GitHub. When I'll get around to finishing the rewrite, I'm not sure. Some issues I've encountered have made working on it a drag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ds is 20 years old this year