ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

KHShadowrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to unlock them seems ot be actually leveling up, so the best thing you can do is set yourself just below a rank, complete one easy quest, then go through the talking to level up and earn the rank, then modify it again to the next.

Reactions: puppywuppy

Nesjj778

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello have a question. As someone who has never really done anything like this, is there a guide on how to do all of this from start to finish. Do I need a homebrew and stuff like that. Thank you!

herodude123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello have a question. As someone who has never really done anything like this, is there a guide on how to do all of this from start to finish. Do I need a homebrew and stuff like that. Thank you!

Yes you do need homebrew unless you have gateway or any other third party to extract your save file data. Homebrew for me is the easy because you can then use FLsavetool which is a lot easier. @puppywuppy, you can't complete the story with this editor. You can only edit your variety of lives and give yourself whatever the editor gives you basically, completing the story is on your own.

Safo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for a save file close to 10 hours~ in. I lost my save file and didn't have a back up. I got to the part where I ventured to top of the mountain. Anything close to that would be great.

puppywuppy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what other fantasy life saves are there?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also how do i reset myself back to novice

herodude123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are there any op game save files that are out for downloading? like a game save file with the story line already completed or lives maxed out? etc etc.

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this allow you to change like your skill levels like Dash, Sneak...ect...?
Also i'm on the latest FW on the new 3ds and i have never jailbroken a DS can anyone give me a link or guide to do so on the newest 3ds model and latest FW?

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Will this allow you to change like your skill levels like Dash, Sneak...ect...?
Also i'm on the latest FW on the new 3ds and i have never jailbroken a DS can anyone give me a link or guide to do so on the newest 3ds model and latest FW?

its been a while since I used the editor - so I can't really comment on that, but unless you have access to a 3DS that is already running C(ustom)FW, then there is no way of downgrading your N3DS through other means than hardmodding. the latest firmware patched a lot of things.

you're still able to run homebrew on the latest FW, though

Last edited by iepuras,

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its been a while since I used the editor - so I can't really comment on that, but unless you have access to a 3DS that is already running C(ustom)FW, then there is no way of downgrading your N3DS through other means than hardmodding. the latest firmware patched a lot of things.

you're still able to run homebrew on the latest FW, though
ok so i can use homebrew which i looked into, but doesnt this editor need CFW? And I have no idea what hardmodding is if you could please explain that would be great. The only reason I would be interested in this editor would for really be just the skill leveling. I dont mind doing the quests and getting to the appropriate ranks and doing the challenges legit but the skills cap at level 20 cuz i have the dlc and it seems like it takes literally forever to get them to rank up.

herodude123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah this editor doesn't need CFW, if you have homebrew you should be set to use this editor. You'll also need the FLsavetool in order to export your data and import it back in. I would recommend @TheDeKay's editor since it has a bit more stuff and you can edit the skill level to your liking.

Reactions: RJCline

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah this editor doesn't need CFW, if you have homebrew you should be set to use this editor. You'll also need the FLsavetool in order to export your data and import it back in. I would recommend @TheDeKay's editor since it has a bit more stuff and you can edit the skill level to your liking.
and where do i find that specific editor?

EDIT: So i successfully used browserhax on my N3DS and got the homebrew running where I was able to use Menuhax i think it is. So that when i turn my DS on i just press L and it loads it up. Now i just wanna know what i have to do to use this editor like export and import save files without messing anything up. I'm trying to be as careful as possible because i have never done this before and I'm a little nervous cuz i do have a lot of time into this game and I would like to know for future reference when i start playing Monster hunter generations cuz i assume all save editors work somewhat the same way. But i know i need FLsavetool from what i was told and read about where do i find it and how do i use it? Also is menuhax ok to use? I know its not CFW but i was told i didnt need it for this.

EDIT2: I'm kinda figuring things out, i just need to know now what folder i have to actually back up for fantasy life. I went into \\RJS-N3DS\microSD\Nintendo 3DS\6f86168abee484ac7b5a992ad7a6c935\67a900f14707bee9534530340002544d\extdata\00000000 is this where its found? Cuz i see im playing the US version so i read the 1st post for which exact one it is for US. So do i back up the folder inside this? or do i backup the whole extdata folder?

EDIT4: Bump?

Last edited by RJCline,

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and where do i find that specific editor?

EDIT: So i successfully used browserhax on my N3DS and got the homebrew running where I was able to use Menuhax i think it is. So that when i turn my DS on i just press L and it loads it up. Now i just wanna know what i have to do to use this editor like export and import save files without messing anything up. I'm trying to be as careful as possible because i have never done this before and I'm a little nervous cuz i do have a lot of time into this game and I would like to know for future reference when i start playing Monster hunter generations cuz i assume all save editors work somewhat the same way. But i know i need FLsavetool from what i was told and read about where do i find it and how do i use it? Also is menuhax ok to use? I know its not CFW but i was told i didnt need it for this.

EDIT2: I'm kinda figuring things out, i just need to know now what folder i have to actually back up for fantasy life. I went into \\RJS-N3DS\microSD\Nintendo 3DS\6f86168abee484ac7b5a992ad7a6c935\67a900f14707bee9534530340002544d\extdata\00000000 is this where its found? Cuz i see im playing the US version so i read the 1st post for which exact one it is for US. So do i back up the folder inside this? or do i backup the whole extdata folder?

EDIT4: Bump?

I see that your post is a few days old, so you might have already figured it out. But just in case you havent:

the file is located in SD/3ds/FL Savetool

There should be 3 files inside:
US_fl_ext0.fsd , US_fl_ext1.fsd and US_fl_ext3.fsd

the one ending in "0" is your first save file, "1" is the second, and "2" the third. Those are the files that you need to back up. Hope this helps.

cuteveronica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, i need help. Ive been trying to hack this game for the past month and i have not been able to. I have homebrew, I can access it just fine, ive tried to extract the data from with svtd, didnt work, i tried with save manager it didnt work either. i cant proceed from there, can someone please help me ? is there any other way to extract the save data. I have firmware version 11.0.033u, and my game is a digital one, idk if thats probably why its not working. D:

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ok, i need help. Ive been trying to hack this game for the past month and i have not been able to. I have homebrew, I can access it just fine, ive tried to extract the data from with svtd, didnt work, i tried with save manager it didnt work either. i cant proceed from there, can someone please help me ? is there any other way to extract the save data. I have firmware version 11.0.033u, and my game is a digital one, idk if thats probably why its not working. D:

one of my versions is also a digital one and I am able to dump my save just fine - so I don't know why yours wouldn't work. do you have the xml-files in a folder on the root of your SD-card?

cuteveronica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the svtd xml file is in the folder svtd which is in the 3ds folder of the sd card
whenever i go into svdt and try to extract it, it gives me an error and it also shows my the left collum( im guessing thats the save data of my game) empty and on the right collumm (sd card) normally. maybe i missed a file?

Last edited by cuteveronica,

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: His clips have been around a lot on TikTok and YouTube. +1