ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See i could do that but that requires a separate cartridge to launch bigbluemenu and another micro sd card along with the sd card already in m 3ds. This process is even more complicated than the one i'm trying to get to work, but thanks anyway

Sorry, this method is for them who have gateway3ds. I supposed that you had that, but it seems that you have the real game of fantasy life, one that you bought.

Ainaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, this method is for them who have gateway3ds. I supposed that you had that, but it seems that you have the real game of fantasy life, one that you bought.
Yes I have the physical copy, It's just frustrating that the save data is stored on the sd card. the extdata tool doesn't show up in homebrew, neither does the fantasy life save tool. All I want to do is give myself max dosh and gold and silver lunares coins.

Ainaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because they want to downgrade to 9.2. I am able to use Homebrew with 10.3 and extract my save to use with this editor.
oooh, how did you do that, I have the flsavetool, both in the sd card folder and the homebrew folder, neither works, unless you have a gateway?

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oooh, how did you do that, I have the flsavetool, both in the sd card folder and the homebrew folder, neither works, unless you have a gateway?
my N3DS XL was on a FW too high for anything other than Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax 2.5 when I bought it, so no. no Gateway. I believe I used FLsavetool. but how does it not work for you? doesn't anything show up in the folder when you try to dump the save, or do you try to open the wrong save file in the editor?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but what exactly is possible on 9.2 that you cannot do at the moment on 10.3?
uuh, piracy, "illegal" programs on the homescreen, I dunno. I'm not able to do 9.2-stuff, so I haven't read much up on it.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what if I just want to backup my saves to prevent a SD card error/corruption? then I would only have to copy the SD cards contents to PC, right?

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
what if I just want to backup my saves to prevent a SD card error/corruption? then I would only have to copy the SD cards contents to PC, right?
I believe so, yes. you can backup the entire content of your 3DS SD-card for that matter. thats what I do whenever I perform a system transfer, for example. just in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: naddel81

Ainaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my N3DS XL was on a FW too high for anything other than Cubic Ninja and Ninjhax 2.5 when I bought it, so no. no Gateway. I believe I used FLsavetool. but how does it not work for you? doesn't anything show up in the folder when you try to dump the save, or do you try to open the wrong save file in the editor?

well on the first page it says to use the flsavetool, or fantasylife save tool. It doesn't say where I should put it, whether in the root sd card folder or the root homebrew folder, it does however have a txt file that says that it will focus the exdata dump tool by mr cheeze so it will target fantasy life extdata which is of course where my save files are. But the md on the download page for extdata dump tool doesn't say where to put the files we have to download, again the sd root folder or the homebrew root folder, or even if we have to use all the files.

The problem I have is that none of the download instructions are clear on where to put anything and only svdt shows when I run homebrew and then it doesn't work when I run it.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oh, I see. so you have the FLsavetool-folder? go to root, enter the "3ds"-folder and put the FLsavetool-folder in that folder. that means next to the other Homebrew folders for ftbrony, yeti3DS, etc.

Last edited by iepuras,

Ainaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, I see. so you have the FLsavetool-folder? go to root, enter the "3ds"-folder and put the FLsavetool-folder in that folder. that means next to the other Homebrew folders for ftbrony, yeti3DS, etc.

Yeah I did that but do I also need the ext data tool or do I need it just by itself?

Ainaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think so, no. FLsavetool on its own works for me.

Well I just tried it
I do not think so, no. FLsavetool on its own works for me.

I'm a complete doofus, I renamed the folder and that's why it didn't show up. After changing it back to the the name of the 3dsx file it showed up in homebrew and worked. Thank You so much for getting me to pay more attention.

Now excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I just tried it

I'm a complete doofus, I renamed the folder and that's why it didn't show up. After changing it back to the the name of the 3dsx file it showed up in homebrew and worked. Thank You so much for getting me to pay more attention.

Now excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall.

haha, no worries. an easy mistake to make. glad I could help.

NinjaOrcas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob here, and i can't hack it sadly :( but i'll give you my graditude to any hacker who can be my friend on the 3ds and hook me up Stat boosting candies. i'll be very grateful. pm me please

RysanOtaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i need Help so i was starting out and i used your hack for the ranks i changed the Hunter rank so it will become legendary actually i just used the stars method seems like it messes up my quest when i choose to change my rank so i chose to change the stars instead but then in turned every Life to fledgling those life i haven't started yet
Then when i tried changing my life to carpenter they haven't teached me anything yet when i use the table is says you haven't learned carpentry WHY?
Can you add a way to Edit your skill level it's so hard making those really high
Ps.I Already finished the game and i don't wanna start all over again so i need desperate help

Last edited by RysanOtaku,

someONEgood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to use this program to transfer a save to a "new" system? Just downgraded 10.3.0-28U N3DS XL to 9.2 with CFW and it refuses to read my old save since it considers the emuNAND a new system.

Zhull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is it possible to use this program to transfer a save to a "new" system? Just downgraded 10.3.0-28U N3DS XL to 9.2 with CFW and it refuses to read my old save since it considers the emuNAND a new system.

Try to restore the save again via FLSaveTool...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740