ROM Hack [RELEASE] Fantasy Life Save Viewer/Editor

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to extract your ExtData of your game with SaveDataFiler... then... open the fsd file that it creates in your sd with the editor and you will be able to edit it :)

thanks ! is there an easier way of finding out what file is fantasy life-- also most of the saves in savedatafilter are -broken-

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
chrome keeps blocking the download saying its virused up, never had that with anything ive downloaded before even key logging sofware so thi sseems fishy

Thx for the heads up.

I'm using UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/) to "compact" the executable and sometimes this triggers a false positive.
I can guarantee you for sure it's not any keylogger or virus whatsoever :) but again, this is my word.

Cheers

Reactions: xiaolin20

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Thx for the heads up.

I'm using UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net/) to "compact" the executable and sometimes this triggers a false positive.
I can guarantee you for sure it's not any keylogger or virus whatsoever :) but again, this is my word.

Cheers

yeah i figured that out, its all good and legit :D you should add a note about chrome triggering a false positive and that saving as all files with no extension stops chrome from killing the archive, but anyways nice work! on another note, could you possibly help me figure out which folder in the title directory holds the fantasy life saves for the eu version?
its either 00040000 folder OR 0004008c folder i cant figure out which one as i have them on both my sd cards lol

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah i figured that out, its all good and legit :D you should add a note about chrome triggering a false positive and that saving as all files with no extension stops chrome from killing the archive, but anyways nice work! on another note, could you possibly help me figure out which folder in the title directory holds the fantasy life saves for the eu version?
its either 00040000 folder OR 0004008c folder i cant figure out which one as i have them on both my sd cards lol

Will do!
None of the above. FL EUR folder is 00001131 (USA is 00001132).

Chees!

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Yes. The header changes and the saves become incompatible when you switch from .3DS to .CIA

i see, would it work with a regular rom on the red card because i actually lost my retail cart after i completed the game,
before i got gateway and a 4.5 3ds, so i thought id use the cia versions i had with the dlc and continue playing on my modded 3ds.

since im level 63 its going to be really crap to start over from scratch.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i see, would it work with a regular rom on the red card because i actually lost my retail cart after i completed the game,
before i got gateway and a 4.5 3ds, so i thought id use the cia versions i had with the dlc and continue playing on my modded 3ds.

since im level 63 its going to be really crap to start over from scratch.
Yes, that... might actually work. It's worth a shot at least.
Usually it won't work because of the difference in the headers, but Fantasy Life saves in a different way, possibly not using the header at all for the saves.
However, did you allow the .CIA version to delete the save after it said it's corrupted? It may be lost now unless you made a backup.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
However, did you allow the .CIA version to delete the save after it said it's corrupted? It may be lost now unless you made a backup.

yeah i have back ups ;) my back ups are on my old 4gb sd, i put them on it before i got my 64gb ones for my emunand 3ds and stock xl.

i mainly use cia format for playing backups, but i guess i could use fl on a 4gb in the red card, if it dont work i'll just start over with the cia and edit my way to being a badass again then beast through it fast, i should be able to extract, edit (with this wonderful tool) and restore my cia save via data filer, right?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah i have back ups ;) my back ups are on my old 4gb sd, i put them on it before i got my 64gb ones for my emunand 3ds and stock xl.

i mainly use cia format for playing backups, but i guess i could use fl on a 4gb in the red card, if it dont work i'll just start over with the cia and edit my way to being a badass again then beast through it fast, i should be able to extract, edit (with this wonderful tool) and restore my cia save via data filer, right?
Yes, I believe so.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i decided to start over regardless, since im just going to use my gateway red card for big blue to install cia apps its nicer to see them on the home screen.

you never know i might find my retail fantasy life when i clear my room out when i paint it :P

how far must i be in the game before i can edit stuff?

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I sorted the gender editing and it'll be available in the next 1.03 release, which is coming shortly.

Cheers!

EDIT:
You know what? This was a very fun little weekend project and since I'm running out of ideas of what to change (still looking for the bag) if you want something to be added (or at least looked), please, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thx for all of the feedback so far!

Reactions: CIH137

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I sorted the gender editing and it'll be available in the next 1.03 release, which is coming shortly.

Cheers!

EDIT:
You know what? This was a very fun little weekend project and since I'm running out of ideas of what to change (still looking for the bag) if you want something to be added (or at least looked), please, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thx for all of the feedback so far!

im not sure if you've done it yet but i'd love to be able to change my homes or own all homes, like switch any between any of the main homes in castele and also have the option to own other homes in other areas, maybe have it like;

"home name/area" " one choice check box [ ]"
castele home
manor [ ]
south [ ]
artisan [ ]
east [ ]

other homes
all [ ]
none [ ]

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit off-topic, but I have a question:

Could a save editor like this be made for Smash Bros. 3DS?

I want to edit my equipment to get just the "Smooth Lander", "Hard Braker", etc. Bonus effects without Stat changes.

Good job on this editor!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free