Homebrew [RELEASE] dumpling

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
unknown.png

Dumpling
A simple all-in-one Wii U file dumper! Developed with the intent of making Cemu set-up faster and easier.​

How to run
Go to dumplingapp.com on your Wii U and tap "Launch dumpling". Follow the "General dumping" section of my dumping guide for more info.

Features
  • Dumps titles, updates, and DLC from both physical and digital formats
  • All dumps are decrypted for easy use with Cemu
  • Creates 1:1 copies of data with proper meta data
  • Allows dumping to a FAT32 formatted SD or USB storage device
  • Allows you to dump system applications too
  • Dump all the files needed for Cemu online play
  • Can be run without an SD card
Credits
:arrow: Source
:arrow: Download

Last edited by Deleted member 381889,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Alright here i am with testing lol:

I get this weird thing saying i have to run MOCHA, why wouldn't it work with HAXCH? Cause that is what i ran and i got this screen:

Q8Bmpkd.jpg

Plus is not working with PRO Controller, nor Wii Mote.

Hello.:)

Yes,you are right:

Installation
Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it. You can probably use a fw.img with iosuhax as well, but I haven't tested that and it's easier to use Mocha.

So I do not think we have luck with this great Tool.:(

Reactions: jeannotte

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Yes,you are right:

So I do not think we have luck with this great Tool.:(

It's the first release, there is still time to add the other controllers support and fix the issues... like this:

**ISSUE**

After fetching the meta for all my USB GAMES in order to dump them individually... the thing just froze completely and is NOT responsive. I will have to turn off my Wii U

EDIT:

I'm fetching all the titles again, if it freezes then the app is definitively not working because this fetching thing needs to be done EVERYTIME you open the app... therefore is broken because if it freezes while fetching... there pretty much NOTHING you can do with it.

EDIT:

Wolfenstein Yougnblood Screenshot 2020-04-18 17-34-49.png

It's been stuck there for 10 minutes now, this homebrew needs some more work :v

Last edited by huma_dawii,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and regardless, if you're on CBHC you can just add Mocha to your homebrew launcher, launch it, go back into the homebrew channel and then launch this app. If you have CBHC, mocha is completely usable and super easy to access, just like any other homebrew app.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He says why in the Installation section of this thread:
Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it.

It uses iosuhax, which Haxchi doesn't support

All the issues i reported were with MOCHA CFW, nothing else. Except the one that reports the "iosu" problem...

Reactions: Alexander1970

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
"Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it"
The OP already explained it wont work if only using Haxchi (for the time being).
I tested dumpling to save/dump my haxchi installed game on NAND and a NES game installed on my USB, both we're dumped succesfully (in loadiine format btw). Check your SD card or USB first.

Attachments

• IMG_20200418_195657102.jpg
    IMG_20200418_195657102.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 302

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
All the issues i reported were with MOCHA CFW, nothing else. Except the one that reports the "iosu" problem...
I was just answering your question about why it wouldn't work with Haxchi. Its too bad that it has some issues still. I saw that he was asking for testers on Discord before releasing this. He must have thought it was ready to go. I personally haven't tried it yet.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just answering your question about why it wouldn't work with Haxchi. Its too bad that it has some issues still. I saw that he was asking for testers on Discord before releasing this. He must have thought it was ready to go. I personally haven't tried it yet.
Im more than happy to test, but as for now it doesn't work for me. After fetching all my 192 games the app crashes or freezes and does nothing. xD

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
unknown.png

Dumpling
A simple Wii U file dumper, developed with the intent of making Cemu set-up faster and easier.​

Installation
Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it. You can probably use a fw.img with iosuhax as well, but I haven't tested that and it's easier to use Mocha.

To install, simply download the dumpling .zip file from the GitHub page, and extract it to the root of your SD card.

Features
  • Dumps files needed for Cemu online play
  • Dumps the Friends List app for use in Cemu
  • Create region-free decrypted game disc dumps
  • Dumps digital games, updates and DLC from the system or USB storage
  • Dumps game saves from the system or USB storage
  • Dumps the entire decrypted nand
    • This can take up to 2 hours on a 32GB Wii U if all storage is used up
To-do
  1. Dump otp.bin and seeprom.bin
  2. Make it "Mocha-less"
Credits
  • dimok789 for ft2sd
  • dimok789 and FIX94 for FTPiiU Everywhere
  • shepgoba, rw-r-r-0644, luigoalma, vgmoose and Pysis for helping me with the project
  • chrissie, Crementif and CrafterPika for testing
:arrow: Source
:arrow: Download
this is great, now i'm gonna do some "legal" backups of games that i "totally bought"
"Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it"
The OP already explained it wont work if only using Haxchi (for the time being).
I tested dumpling to save/dump my haxchi installed game on NAND and a NES game installed on my USB, both we're dumped succesfully (in loadiine format btw). Check your SD card or USB first.
does this only dump games in loadiine format or this can also dump games in the WUP format?

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He says why in the Installation section of this thread:
Dumpling uses iosuhax and requires MochaCFW to run, and won't work without it.

It uses iosuhax, which Haxchi doesn't support
Haxchi supports iosuhax.
Haxchi has an integrated wupserver that you can start using an ioctl command.
I created a pull request for haxchi support.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi supports iosuhax.
... but if you're using haxchi/cbhc you can still launch this, just get the mocha homebrew app and boot that from the homerbew launcher after you've booted your Wii U with haxchi/cbhc, that will boot you back to the Wii U menu, and then go back into homebrew launcher and launch this app. I have CBHC and this method works without issue. Sure it takes an extra 30 seconds than if it could natively support Haxchi, but there is still a totally viable method of loading this if you have haxchi installed allt he same.

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Haxchi supports iosuhax.

To be fair, I don't understand C and I can only read/write Python, which barely counts! I was basing my comment off info received from a credible dev, Maschell. In this thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-iosuhax.481166/ he says this about libiosuhax and Haxchi:
No, haxchi doesn't have libiosuhax support. ftpiiu has hardcoded haxchi support ;)
And like I said: haxchi and mocha are 2 complety different things.
Haxchi is a persistent entrypoint for homebrew, mocha is a custom firmware.
When asked about Haxchi having support for wupserver he said this:
And sd cafiine actually is quiet useful ;)
(and wupserver doesn't use libiosuhax)
This was all said in August 2017 and there hasn't been a meaningful commit to the Haxchi repo since January 2017. Either I'm misunderstanding or Maschell misspoke about it.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
To be fair, I don't understand C and I can only read/write Python, which barely counts! I was basing my comment off info received from a credible dev, Maschell. In this thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-iosuhax.481166/ he says this about libiosuhax and Haxchi:

When asked about Haxchi having support for wupserver he said this:

This was all said in August 2017 and there hasn't been a meaningful commit to the Haxchi repo since January 2017. Either I'm misunderstanding or Maschell misspoke about it.
I actually don't know what Maschell means but Haxchi comes with it's own wupserver that supports all IOSUHAX commands since december 2016 that can be accessed via the MCP.
Mocha has an extra node (/dev/iosuhax) that always runs in the background and recieves commands while haxchi patches the mcp code 0x62 to start wupserver. I don't know what Maschell means with hardcoded support... With haxchi you just need to start wupserver manually and you can then open iosuhax via the mcp node and send commands to the ipc.
You can start it like this:
Code:
IOS_IoctlAsync(mcp_hook_fd, 0x62, (void*)0, 0, (void*)0, 0, someFunc, (void*)0);
//let wupserver start up
sleep(1);
if(IOSUHAX_Open("/dev/mcp") < 0)

Sources:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/commit/a004e5a3fea7347dc7c6cbf98e0de1cb6c2730a3
https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax/commit/6053080d92c1b703a91db0b5c81cbb3e0a93fc57
https://github.com/dimok789/libiosuhax/commit/ceef3f60d316c88be02f8df59746b85b9538a447

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't know what Maschell means but Haxchi comes with it's own wupserver that supports all IOSUHAX commands since december 2016 that can be accessed via the MCP.
Mocha has an extra node (/dev/iosuhax) that always runs in the background and recieves commands while haxchi patches the mcp code 0x62 to start wupserver. I don't know what Maschell means with hardcoded support... With haxchi you just need to start wupserver manually and you can then open iosuhax via the mcp node and send commands to the ipc.
You can start it like this:
Code:
IOS_IoctlAsync(mcp_hook_fd, 0x62, (void*)0, 0, (void*)0, 0, someFunc, (void*)0);
//let wupserver start up
sleep(1);
if(IOSUHAX_Open("/dev/mcp") < 0)

Sources:
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/commit/a004e5a3fea7347dc7c6cbf98e0de1cb6c2730a3
https://github.com/dimok789/iosuhax/commit/6053080d92c1b703a91db0b5c81cbb3e0a93fc57
https://github.com/dimok789/libiosuhax/commit/ceef3f60d316c88be02f8df59746b85b9538a447

I love when people know their sh*t!

Good job man.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
OP
Trophies
XP
@Stealphie @zerofalcon
It only dumps in Loadiine/Cemu format. I made this tool to make setting up Cemu easier and faster.

@huma_dawii
Hmm, that's odd. Could you contact me on Discord (Emma#1024) to figure this out?

Haxchi supports iosuhax.
Thank you, I'll get that merged.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: