(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dead Simple EULA Set (DSES) is a program that sets your EULA setting on the 3DS to unlocked if it isn't and locks it if it is.

What
In order to play 3DS games online/make use of streetpass, the 3DS makes the user accept an EULA. If this is for in-region titles, this is can be handled by the 3DS itself. If you wish to make use of out-of-region titles however, you will need to use homebrew to set the EULA to accepted.

Why
A number of EULA setting tools exist already (notably, SciresM/EULASetter, which is the base for this tool).

However, all of these tools I've encountered so far sometimes offer a lot of other features and more importantly, put hex values in front of the user.

This tool does none of that. It does one thing. Set your EULA to accepted if it isn't and to unaccepted if it is. No complications, nothing. Just press A and it changes the EULA.

Note that when unaccepting the EULA, you will need to reaccept it the next time you use a 3DS game in your own region.

License

This program is licensed under the GPLv3.0.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
OP
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Version 1.1 has been released.

46879989-c94bfb80-ce47-11e8-8ab5-36f6fb0f061a.gif

Code changes:
  • DSES is now self-cleaning. Press SELECT to clean up the application after setting your EULAs!
  • Works on both 3DSX and CIA builds. Also tested application with 3dslink.
Non-code changes:

• Updated username in smdh.
  • Clarified minor README ambiguity/errors.
  • Removed romfs directory (this is a non-code change, romfs directory was unused.)

Note that the QR supplied for 1.0 on the release page is no longer functional.

~noirscape

soguyswedidit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Version 1.1 has been released.

46879989-c94bfb80-ce47-11e8-8ab5-36f6fb0f061a.gif

Code changes:
  • DSES is now self-cleaning. Press SELECT to clean up the application after setting your EULAs!
  • Works on both 3DSX and CIA builds. Also tested application with 3dslink.
Non-code changes:

• Updated username in smdh.
  • Clarified minor README ambiguity/errors.
  • Removed romfs directory (this is a non-code change, romfs directory was unused.)

Note that the QR supplied for 1.0 on the release page is no longer functional.

~noirscape
OK THIS IS AMAZING THANK YOU

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Using this tool, I've enabled StreetPass for EUR Mario Kart 7 on a USA N3DSXL, while keeping the StreetPass of the other USA games enabled (StreetPass of multiple regions enabled at the same time).

However, there's something I don't understand; I've already enabled StreetPass for my USA games, why does DSES say I haven't accepted EULA? Does it automatically detect the EUR Mario Kart 7 has an EULA that hasn't been accepted?

What if there's a 3rd region game (e.g. a JPN game) that requires EULA? Will its EULA also be accepted when I 'press A' for the first time?

Sorry for making the supposingly simple thread complicated.

Thank you.

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey I'm finding when I shut this off it no longer works I have to run this homebrew again

is that a thing or is there a fix for that?

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fully turn it off?

I run the app- the games play. but when I power off the jpn 3DS I have to run the app again for the games to work online- EULA seems to reset

pacifiic5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so how do i use this? I open up the eula setter but gives me various confusing options, im on jp 3ds trying to play online on u.s region games

Last edited by pacifiic5,

Kordro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, this helped perfectly in connecting to my friends while playing on a Japanese system!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1