Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I found info on a german Website about new Version -> wiidatabase.de
There is a new Version v.04 found on a Discord Server, but without Source Code or changelog available.
It has several improvements implented. DaedalusX64-3DS v.04
- Performance improved (better FPS)
- graphic overlay strong improved
- Configure gamespecific options like FPS-limiter or Controller-config
- 3D stereoscopic is disabled and seems not able to turn it on again.
U need to put the Games in /3DS/DaedalusX46/Roms first, else u get at start only a full pixeled screen with all colors.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tbh I wouldn't trust any console homebrew that doesn't have it's source publicly available
Normaly ya. But this one seems to have improvements and is tested by a trusted Insider of the Nintendo scene, finally published it on his public Website . I dont even know if there have even been some homebrew with generated treath in it.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Normaly ya. But this one seems to have improvements and is tested by a trusted Insider of the Nintendo scene, finally published it on his public Website . I dont even know if there have even been some homebrew with generated treath in it.
There's definitely been bad homebrew in the past. iirc in the DS days, there was a ROM that purposefully bricked consoles. Not to mention accidents like UnbanMii 2.0 and such

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Update to the previous posted Version of Deadalus v0.4
The posted Version is not finally and still in beta state, because he is still working on it ;)
Update From Wiidatabase.de 05/19/2022:
MasterFeizz has spoken out on Twitter after W00fer asked why he hasn't released the version himself yet. The performance improvements are due to changes in PicaGL, which affect compatibility with the developer's other homebrew programs (Quake ports, etc.). The worst problems have been fixed, only a few errors still need to be fixed and tested. In this respect, the development of DaedalusX64 3DS does not seem to have been stopped. I apologize for the hasty conclusion. The original post follows.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But there’s still concerns about the modification made. I also don’t trust GPL violations, which this release is considered that until the source is released.

Last edited by The Catboy,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tbh the "found" build thing is pretty strange. Like.. did feizz develop those too? why aren't they on github? Who found them, where?
But no, i've tried those and unless they're secretly mining crypto or stealing biometric data (??) from my 3DS.. it doesn't have malware

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Tbh the "found" build thing is pretty strange. Like.. did feizz develop those too? why aren't they on github? Who found them, where?
But no, i've tried those and unless they're secretly mining crypto or stealing biometric data (??) from my 3DS.. it doesn't have malware
Right? The "F O U N D" part is what makes me uncomfortable. It's like there's gonna be some kind of creepypasta disaster going on with the consoles that install it.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup