ROM Hack [Release] compareTitlesCSV - tells you what is safe to delete after region change

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This has happened to me before. You need to delete the folders at the same time you perform the SecureInfo swap, not afterwards.

Note that either way, deleting the folders by itself doesn't seem to fully remove titles, and causes problems with New3DS region swaps. Consider using BigRedMenu instead.

i guess deleting them and then formatting would fix it... right?

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess deleting them and then formatting would fix it... right?

IIRC it didn't, but it was a couple weeks ago now so I'm really not sure.
What I do know for sure is that deleting titles from the NAND doesn't fully remove them, even after a system format, so it's really a good idea to use Big Red Menu instead.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
IIRC it didn't, but it was a couple weeks ago now so I'm really not sure.
What I do know for sure is that deleting titles from the NAND doesn't fully remove them, even after a system format, so it's really a good idea to use Big Red Menu instead.

well i'm not sure what uninstalling (via bbm) actually does, maybe it does more than simply deleting the files, it might remove entries elsewhere too - but i doubt it. it's open source i think so

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Big Red Menu doesn't uinstall system titles correctly and you'll likely get a brick or something important not working aftewords. I'd recommend waiting till an alternative comes out or when Big Red Menu is fixed.

It has worked fine for a lot of people in the thread about making North American New 3DS's. The trick is to not use BRM until after the SecureInfo files have been swapped.

Zhou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Firstly thanks for publishing this tool.

But can someone provide a easier tutorial for noobs like me?

I'm trying to change my new3ds jp into us, now stuck in the deleting duplicating title step. Every thread concerning region swapping mentions this tool, but when i downloaded it on my compteru, i completely didn't know how to use it.

I've never used Python. Do I just have to double click the tool and follow its hint? I tried this before, a window jumped out and disappeared very fast. So how can i specify the two title csv's i downloaded and the following system versions? In other word, where should i write the specifying script?

Sorry for my bad English. Someone help me, please~

Louch 雪 Daishiteru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Firstly thanks for publishing this tool.

But can someone provide a easier tutorial for noobs like me?

I'm trying to change my new3ds jp into us, now stuck in the deleting duplicating title step. Every thread concerning region swapping mentions this tool, but when i downloaded it on my compteru, i completely didn't know how to use it.

I've never used Python. Do I just have to double click the tool and follow its hint? I tried this before, a window jumped out and disappeared very fast. So how can i specify the two title csv's i downloaded and the following system versions? In other word, where should i write the specifying script?

Sorry for my bad English. Someone help me, please~
- Download the compareTitlesCSV.py
- Download and install Python 2.7
- Download the CSV's for the version/region you are and the version/region you want to go to. Here: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
(if you want to go from 9.2J to 10.3U for example, download the respective CSV's for each version/region)
- Open CMD and type the command in this format: (example)

'python.exe location' 'compareTitlesCSV.py location' '9.2.0-20J.csv (version/region you are (location))' '10.3.0-28U.csv (version/region desired (location))' -region1 JPN -region2 USA

So, to simplify, mine would be like this:

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\compareTitlesCSV.py C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\9.2.0-20J.CSV C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\10.3.0-28U.CSV -region1 JPN -region2 USA

- I also recommend saving an output file using the '>C:\systitles.txt' command in the end. That way, you can simply open the file as a text document and find the UniqueIDs via CTRL+F.

Last edited by Louch 雪 Daishiteru,
D

Deleted User

- Download the CSV's for the version/region you are and the version/region you want to go to. Here: http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php
(if you want to go from 9.2J to 10.3U for example, download the respective CSV's for each version/region)

'python.exe location' 'compareTitlesCSV.py location' '9.2.0-20J.csv (version/region you are (location))' '10.3.0-28U.csv (version/region desired (location))' -region1 JPN -region2 USA

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\compareTitlesCSV.py C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\9.2.0-20J.CSV C:\Users\Louch\Desktop\10.3.0-28U.CSV -region1 JPN -region2 USA

- I also recommend saving an output file using the '>C:\systitles.txt' command in the end. That way, you can simply open the file as a text document and find the UniqueIDs via CTRL+F.
Location isn't needed if you have the csv's in the same folder than the program...

Last edited by ,

Zhou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Thanks very much for writing this So Detailed tutorial and sorry for replying so late! I've successfully changed my emunand into USA version thanks to you friends in this forum! Feel so happy to be here!:)

D

Deleted User

Thanks for this simple script. Really useful. Although it took a while for me to figure out how to use it :D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2