Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I had an skeptical thought about Pokemon Sun and Moon being on CIAngel... but unfortunately I have to confirm that it boots you to the 3DS menu.

The "game" is almost 3GB and it didn't boot.
Literally two posts up from your I explained the exact reason for this. When the game is officially released, Nintendo will put the seed on their servers. When the seed is on their servers, you can use FBI to install the seed without needing to re-download or re-install the game.

Reactions: KytuzuEX

zhack

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i want to ask, i had a problem using CIAngel.
when i start to download it's going smoothly but when it's installing

why every game i try to install alway had an error

the error is

"error finishing CIA install"
"could not install the CIA"

have anybody had the same problem? thanks

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
It can make a GOOD cia that will be able to be redownloaded, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
You can install directly to your device, or create a cia on the sd card to install later.
You can install a ticket, which lets you redownoad the game via eshop. (This only works for games that are in your eshop = in your region)

This not not just my work, I have done a small part! @Drakia has done a lot of work and made this project really cool!
Plus other contributions from members too, thank you!

Thanks to @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it was heavily based on that work!Thanks for 3dsguy and the other people who worked on make_cdn_cia, and @Friendsxix for helping me make good tickets long ago!

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/latest

Thanks Drakia for the QR code!
CIAngel.php
Is CIAngel dying out? Becauserecentlyy searches have come empty..

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is CIAngel dying out? Becauserecentlyy searches have come empty..
You didn't need to both post here, and make a new topic...

CIAngel uses a source that's updated by a third party, and contributed to by the community (The same source FreeShop uses). You probably have region filtering turned to "ALL", which is an actual region (Blame Nintendo), make sure it's set to "Off"

Gelums

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't need to both post here, and make a new topic...

CIAngel uses a source that's updated by a third party, and contributed to by the community (The same source FreeShop uses). You probably have region filtering turned to "ALL", which is an actual region (Blame Nintendo), make sure it's set to "Off"
You're right! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: KytuzuEX

kwall24

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a newb to the 3DS scene, how are the seeds created? If I were to use CIAngel to grab the games now, would I need to redownload the games once they're released/the seed is available? Or would it just start working at some point?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
As a newb to the 3DS scene, how are the seeds created? If I were to use CIAngel to grab the games now, would I need to redownload the games once they're released/the seed is available? Or would it just start working at some point?
I think you'd have to import the seeds with FBI once available.

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As @Quantumcat said, the easiest way is just load up FBI, and import the seed once the game is available :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't want to install FBI, I think that just going to the eShop page of the game create the seeds. You'd need A9LH with a CFW that has write protection on FIRM (like Luma) and to be on latest firmware.

Reactions: Drakia

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to install FBI, I think that just going to the eShop page of the game create the seeds. You'd need A9LH with a CFW that has write protection on FIRM (like Luma) and to be on latest firmware.
Another viable approach, yup. The eShop itself will install the seed if you visit the game's page once it's released :)

Reactions: medoli900

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone give me an example (not with a real titleID and key) of how to use input.txt to download more than one game?
"CIAngel can read a text file (sd:/CIAngel/input.txt) that has 2 lines.

The first line must be the title id. The second line must be the encrypted title key."

This is worded straight from the read me with the important parts underlined and more important parts bolded.

It can only read 2 lines which means it cannot be used for multiple downloads.

However it can download multiple items in a queue in the app itself if you search for and add title to download queue.

kikoola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the Pokemon Moon Leak but I'd like to download the CiAngel version. The only problem is I don't want to lose my save...Any tips?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the Pokemon Moon Leak but I'd like to download the CiAngel version. The only problem is I don't want to lose my save...Any tips?
Backup your save with jskm
Delete the leak moon.cia AND TICKET(use tiksweeper if it's to much for you to use fbi)
Reinstall with ciangel

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why when I try to create a cia with CIAngel it takes a very long time? The speed is only 125KB/s
If I install the game the speed is much bigger

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why when I try to create a cia with CIAngel it takes a very long time? The speed is only 125KB/s
If I install the game the speed is much bigger
I think it's the 3DS's wifi chip that's causing the slow download and why it seems to be locked into the slow speed.

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's the 3DS's wifi chip that's causing the slow download and why it seems to be locked into the slow speed.
I was looking for this here in this thread, and I found some people talking about this, and they just don't know why it happens
So I have to wait the download finishes, there is nothing that I can do

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking for this here in this thread, and I found some people talking about this, and they just don't know why it happens
So I have to wait the download finishes, there is nothing that I can do
It's an issue with the file access functions we use, they seem to be a lot slower than the functions used to write the CIA data during install. There's nothing we can do to speed it up, sadly.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the newest version, installed it, but my 3ds isn't letting me unwrap it. Any ideas what's going on?

EDIT: Never mind. Just a glitch with my system. Rebooted, and everything is working again.

Last edited by Kurt91,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX