Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some misinformation here about DLC disappearing when accessing the eShop. I hope this clears it up:

Any legitimate DLC for any title will overrule illegitimate DLC when the eShop is accessed.

Downloaded a free theme from theme shop? Accessing the eShop will remove any illegitimate themes.

Purchased some Smash Bros. DLC? Accessing the eShop will remove any illegitimate DLC but leave the purchased DLC.

Never downloaded DLC for Fire Emblem, ever? Access the eShop all you want, your illegitimate DLC will stay.

Moral of the story: 100% legitimate or 100% illegitimate per title, don't mix.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some misinformation here about DLC disappearing when accessing the eShop. I hope this clears it up:

Any legitimate DLC for any title will overrule illegitimate DLC when the eShop is accessed.

Downloaded a free theme from theme shop? Accessing the eShop will remove any illegitimate themes.

Purchased some Smash Bros. DLC? Accessing the eShop will remove any illegitimate DLC but leave the purchased DLC.

Never downloaded DLC for Fire Emblem, ever? Access the eShop all you want, your illegitimate DLC will stay.

This has been explained so many times. But there will still always be that one person that asks because "my DLC got deleted and I don't know why please tell me cause TL;DR"

It always happens. Maybe @cearp could put this in the op. Think that would help mate?

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
This has been explained so many times. But there will still always be that one person that asks because "my DLC got deleted and I don't know why please tell me cause TL;DR"

It always happens. Maybe @cearp could put this in the op. Think that would help mate?
the post you quoted seems good :)
oh you want it in the op lol, yeah ok i'll try to remember.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, I understand. What I still don't understand is why the DLC gets deleted when we download things from CIAngel. Is it because it access the eShop and/or NNID to have access to Nintendo server?

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I understand. What I still don't understand is why the DLC gets deleted when we download things from CIAngel. Is it because it access the eShop and/or NNID to have access to Nintendo server?

Nintendo CDN sees that you do not have bought those nice DLCs and make your pretty CTR delete them. Its a cross check, if it is not checked as bought in Nintendo but it is in your console it shall be erased.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CIAngel itself, and accessing CIAngel, will NOT delete DLC. Accessing the eShop (in certain circumstances, described already) and accessing in-game DLC eShops (in certain circumstances) will, but only non-legitimate DLC (Stuff you don't own, but downloaded using CIAngel or FreeShop).

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is over-complicating this very simple concept. It only purges when you enter ThemeShop or eShop if you have purchased (or downloaded free) DLC or a Theme on your consoles NNID.

Scenario time:

1. New 3DS, New NNID, I want the Free Sonic Boom Theme and I also want the Lucas Smash Bros DLC. I open ThemeShop and eShop and purchase them which creates two tickets on my 3DS - a Theme DLC ticket and eShop DLC ticket.
2. Now I've hacked said 3DS and install a ThemePack and the Final Fantasy TheaterRythm DLC from that ISO site OR CIAngel OR any other source you get your content
3. All is well, I have all my DLC, but you know what I want to check eShop just to see what deals are out there cause I like supporting Nintendo anyway
4. Open eShop, browse but don't buy anything and close out to Home menu
5. What the heck! Now my Theme is the basic grey theme, what happened? Well, you have a valid ticket entry for only the Sonic Boom theme, not any of the other ones you illegally installed so they were removed during the eShop's check of your ticket (They have to know what you've bought to know if you can download again without purchasing it, right?)
6. Check your theme's and all you have is the crappy free Sonic Boom theme. So you re-install the themepack, spend an hour deleting 100 themes (I know new packs are out but this is an example from long ago) and your back at it.
7. Now you want to play FF TheaterRythm, but what the heck? Now your DLC is gone for that? Same as the Theme's ticket, it was erased when you entered eShop because you didn't have a valid entry for it.
8. So now you have to re-install all your illegal DLC, but your Lucas DLC is fine because you actually purchased it.

Does that make sense? Ok. Good. So now, next scenario:

1. New 3DS, New NNID, and I'm a pro cause I know how to hack already on 3DS, never enter eShop, never get that crappy free Sonic Boom Theme and go straight to installing CIA
2. Eh, what's in eSHop anyway? Anything good? Maybe I'll check it out and log in but not buy anything since arrrrgh I'm a pirate!
3. Exit eShop to home screen and all my CIA themes and DLC are in tact. Why? Because I never purchased ANYTHING from ThemeShop OR eShop to create a local ticket on my 3DS for DLC content.

Now, I don't know why it isn't this way for games, and I'm not a dev, but what I do know is that this is what we determined to be the case in many various threads from about a year or so ago.
OK, so I decided to make my own research: I first purchased for free the Gold Classics Pack for NSMB2 before hacking the 3DS. After hacking the 3DS, I now tried installing Hyrule Warriors Legends, with its updates and DLC (all CIA downloads), and New Super Mario Bros. 2 with its DLC CIA. I accessed eShop, and none of of the mentioned DLC got removed. Then I accessed NSMB2's in-game shop, and the DLC that I installed got reset to the content I obtained legally, leaving the rest out, while accessing HWL's in-game shop left its DLC intact. I think that happens because my NNID has the DLC ticket for NSMB2, but not for HWL. Maybe it's just me, and it's actually different for others? I don't know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This! Totally THIS! Thank you for confirming what I researched! Also, to clarify: Accessing the eShop application does not remove the illegitimate DLC; accessing the in-game shops does if you already have legitimate DLC of that particular game. I don't know if that also applies to themes.

Last edited by MushGuy,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CIAngel itself, and accessing CIAngel, will NOT delete DLC. Accessing the eShop (in certain circumstances, described already) and accessing in-game DLC eShops (in certain circumstances) will, but only non-legitimate DLC (Stuff you don't own, but downloaded using CIAngel or FreeShop).
Well, it does for me. I tried for testing purpose to download TFF: Curtain Call DLC on CIAngel. I already got two song legitimately bought. The DLC is working properly. Then, I download MII Plaza DLC on CIAngel, which I already bought the 2 packs of game and V.I.P. Room. The Mii Plaza DLC works, which was expected since I already got them, but Theatrhythm's DLC does not, aside from the 2 songs already bought.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it does for me. I tried for testing purpose to download TFF: Curtain Call DLC on CIAngel. I already got two song legitimately bought. The DLC is working properly. Then, I download MII Plaza DLC on CIAngel, which I already bought the 2 packs of game and V.I.P. Room. The Mii Plaza DLC works, which was expected since I already got them, but Theatrhythm's DLC does not, aside from the 2 songs already bought.
Have you tried downloading the Curtain Call's DLC, then the Mii Plaza DLC, then opening Curtain Call without opening Mii Plaza? My guess is that Mii Plaza is clearing the DLC, not CIAngel.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Have you tried downloading the Curtain Call's DLC, then the Mii Plaza DLC, then opening Curtain Call without opening Mii Plaza? My guess is that Mii Plaza is clearing the DLC, not CIAngel.
Downloading in queue seems to not cause any problem. The Mii Plaza DLC and the Curtain Call DLC both works properly. I can't test downloading the Curtain Call DLC to see if Mii Plaza DLC disappear, since I got them legally.

Jeido_Uran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

This is weird cuz I didn't buy any single thing on the 3DS I use with CIAngel and I keep losing all of my DLCs and Themes whenever I do something that accesses eShop servers. This 3DS is entirely dedicated to CFW so I never downloaded anything from eShop, not even a demo or a free theme, as all the legally bought things are on my main 3DS, but from what I understand in your post it shouldn't disappear if I have never bought anything ?

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is weird cuz I didn't buy any single thing on the 3DS I use with CIAngel and I keep losing all of my DLCs and Themes whenever I do something that accesses eShop servers. This 3DS is entirely dedicated to CFW so I never downloaded anything from eShop, not even a demo or a free theme, as all the legally bought things are on my main 3DS, but from what I understand in your post it shouldn't disappear if I have never bought anything ?
Yeah, pretty sure you're not the first to have this happen to them. But did you ever access the eShop DLC listings from in-game before downloading the DLC? Do you lose DLC in a game you've never played before (before installing DLC, that is)?

BabySquidKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HALP!!!! When I hit [L] to switch modes, it says something like, "KERNEL ACCESS NOT FOUND. CANNOT SWITCH MODES.". The thing is the same thing happened on FBI! I don't have CubicNinja or R4, so is there anyway to get kernel access without those programs? If so, please tell! I have freeShop.cia and PAS (Pokemon Alpha Sapphire).cia that I want to install, so please help!!! :( :(

(Also, yes. I have tried NASA and it wouldn't start up, even after tons of reboots)

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HALP!!!! When I hit [L] to switch modes, it says something like, "KERNEL ACCESS NOT FOUND. CANNOT SWITCH MODES.". The thing is the same thing happened on FBI! I don't have CubicNinja or R4, so is there anyway to get kernel access without those programs? If so, please tell! I have freeShop.cia and PAS (Pokemon Alpha Sapphire).cia that I want to install, so please help!!! :( :(

(Also, yes. I have tried NASA and it wouldn't start up, even after tons of reboots)
If your on 11.0 this won't work

Reactions: Drakia

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

You have to have the CIA version of CIAngel to be able to switch mode.

Reactions: Drakia

Jeido_Uran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, pretty sure you're not the first to have this happen to them. But did you ever access the eShop DLC listings from in-game before downloading the DLC? Do you lose DLC in a game you've never played before (before installing DLC, that is)?

I did access the DLC shop of Curtain Call before installing the DLCs with CIAngel, but bought nothing, was just curious of the prices, does it change anything ? I didn't try with a game I never played before, but I guess that could be easy to test.

Nickbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need a little help guys, took a break from my 3ds for two months. Came back and having issues with installations.

New 3ds, on Luma3ds v6.0.1-74ac76ba, System is 11.0.0-33U
Fbi is version 2.4.2

I installed a coin updater fine a few hours ago. I then installed mii plaza dlc that was on my memory card. Opened it up to find out there was a 4.1 update. I was unable to get the update to work, so I deleted the corresponding ticket to the dlc. I then updated mii plaza with Ciangel with the 4.1 update. And it worked. At this point my mii plaza was at 4.1.

I then attempted to reinstall the dlc from my cia, not sure if i should have or should've looked for a new dlc that was compatible with 4.1. All the dlc shows up but the last two. I believe the angler and the Zombie game. So since it didn't work, stupid me thought i should delete it all and do a fresh install. I went to my Fbi, titles and the mii plaza 4.1 update was in green.

I selected delete title and ticket, and now when i open up Mii plaza. I get this message, "The software update data for street pass mii plaza could not be found on the sd card." It tries to update and just gives an error. Im not sure what to do. I attempted to reinstall the 4.1 update within the game but it gets to the end and errors out.

Now this is where I'm lost, to see if it was just my Mii plaza or the actual apps i tried to install a different cia to see if it would work.

After this, i tried installing Ace combat Cia i had on my sd card. Got all the way to the end and keeps giving me error. The message i received was, "Failed to install cia, Result code: 0xF9608022, level fatal (31), summary internal (11), modual am(32),Desc <unknown>(34)

So then i decided to open up ciangel and it opens quickly with an error screen and shuts down. The error says, Error from reader, x line 1, Column 1.
Syntax error : value, object, or array expected. And I've never had issues with Ciangel before. Any help or ideas guys?

Lucidioebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having dificulties with ciangel. I have an Old 3DSXL with arm9lh in the lastest firmware version. Ciangel start the downloads but freezes, the download count doesnt move and the 3DS stays unresponsive. I have to force shutdown. any idea?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Nickbo I have no idea what's happening there in regards to FBI, that would be a thing to ask in the FBI thread. For the syntax error thing, I'd recommend deleting the wings.json and config.json file from the CIAngel folder.

@Lucidioebb I use an O3DS for all my testing, not running into that issue. Is your 3DS connection to the internet stable? unstable internet connections aren't handled very gracefully

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1