Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
So if you install one of these .tik files with FBI, you can just download it from eshop and runs legit like you own it?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
On the first attempt you're either running the wrong command for your machine, or you don't have python 3 installed.
On the second attempt you're running it using python 2.
hey, you're not checking the content count at the start of the keys file right?
Code:
# encTitleKeys.bin format
#
#  4 bytes  Number of entries
i'm not sure how the person who runs the website is combining the files properly (maybe they are) so i might not be able to trust it, i guess i'll do like you and just read until the end :)

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
hey, you're not checking the content count at the start of the keys file right?
Code:
# encTitleKeys.bin format
#
#  4 bytes  Number of entries
i'm not sure how the person who runs the website is combining the files properly (maybe they are) so i might not be able to trust it, i guess i'll do like you and just read until the end :)

I have no particular reason for not checking the number of entries, other than being lazy and initially not being sure what the format was. I'd check if the (file size - 16) / 32 matches that number, or just trust that number instead.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have no particular reason for not checking the number of entries, other than being lazy and initially not being sure what the format was. I'd check if the (file size - 16) / 32 matches that number, or just trust that number instead.
sure, thanks :)

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to get the Linux Text Ending you mentioned ? :) Also multiple Content possible in the .txt ? Or just 1 for now ? :)

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
How to get the Linux Text Ending you mentioned ? :) Also multiple Content possible in the .txt ? Or just 1 for now ? :)
Use Notepad++ to create your file. It handles the line endings properly and can convert existing files (Edit>EOL conversion.

If you are on Mac, the line endings are already correct. Just make sure you don't use rich text mode in Text Editor when making the file.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
someone said the new fbi can install tickets, if so that will be easier than getting 3dsinstalltickets to work, maybe, although the latter i could add to the code and make it streamlined.
but if fbi now CAN install tickets, i'll add that to CIAngel :)
but keep in mind that you will have to download those games via eshop, which is nice, up to 10 games lined up, you can close the 3ds etc... but only your region content.

Firstly, very nice project i thought of something like this before so i'm glad someone released something like this :)

I had a thought, would it be possible to add a eshop download to the home menu like when you choose to download in sleep mode and have it download that way or is it more complicated than that? figured it might be easier for some people rather than to use the app and open eshop to manually search for the game (especially if there's more than one) when they could just use a PC and have a reinstallable cia or use fbi to achieve the same results + more.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Firstly, very nice project i thought of something like this before so i'm glad someone released something like this :)

I had a thought, would it be possible to add a eshop download to the home menu like when you choose to download in sleep mode and have it download that way or is it more complicated than that? figured it might be easier for some people rather than to use the app and open eshop to manually search for the game (especially if there's more than one) when they could just use a PC and have a reinstallable cia or use fbi to achieve the same results + more.
you mean automate the (re)download from eshop? without having to actually go to eshop?
i guess it must technically be possible but i wouldn't think it would be easy to do... :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

only one for now, i/someone can improve it

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you mean automate the (re)download from eshop? without having to actually go to eshop?
i guess it must technically be possible but i wouldn't think it would be easy to do... :)

Yeah i think it would be a nice thing to have but if it poses to be too much of a challenge to achieve we will still live without such a feature :P

uherrera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
You give it a title id and the encrypted key, and this will make a GOOD cia that will be able to be reinstalled, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
The output is just like my python tool FunKeyCIA.
Please understand, CIAngel and FunKeyCIA cannot make legit CIAs, FunkyCIA can.

As it is right now, CIAngel reads a text file in sd:/CIAngel/input.txt - this text file MUST have linux line endings.
I'll fix that later, I just wanted to get this release online, shared and working :)
The text file should have 2 lines, 1st line is the title id. 2nd line is the encrypted title key.

Once the contents are downloaded, the cia generation may take some time... don't worry, just wait.
The output files will be stored to sd:/CIAngel - you can delete the 'tmp' file.

This has LOADS of room for improvement, but I cannot do it all myself, time wise and ability wise. So I hope people will help contribute on github :)
What I'm thinking of:

• encTitleKeys.bin parsing, letting us choose what games to download with a selection menu.
  • getting the game's name/icon from CDN, displaying this to help us download.
  • adding this homebrew keyboard - because what use it having CIAngel on a portable device if you still need a computer to add data to it! :)
  • letting the user quit CIAngel, at the moment you have to power down... sorry! :)

I'm not thinking about incorporating a CIA installer into this, I don't think it's important.

First I need and want to thank @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it is heavily based on that work! It's a great tool. Thanks for 3dsguy and make_cdn_cia, and of course @Friendsxix who shared the method so I could make FunkyCIA!

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
Hi, I noticed that some CIAs after they get installed just stay stuck on the 3ds logo, Normally one can fix it by repairing the game, but some games (like out of region or special promotions) cannot be repaired. I noticed that If you decrypt the CIA with Decrypt9 the game installs and runs correctly without the need to repair.

Can a future upgrade be to drop the CIA files into the D9Game folder? and also, does decrypting the game make it so it's no longer a "Good" CIA?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like an interesting app. I'll take a peek every now and then.

...God I wish I could read all these deleted messages, all 18 of them.
You aren't missing much :P . What amused me is that Costello left my post that I'd requested to be deleted alone, and it was in the midst of all of that XD . Anyway, this looks like it's going to be a wonderful little tool, especially with time and polish. Let the mischief commence!

Reactions: Glassed Silver

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I noticed that some CIAs after they get installed just stay stuck on the 3ds logo, Normally one can fix it by repairing the game, but some games (like out of region or special promotions) cannot be repaired. I noticed that If you decrypt the CIA with Decrypt9 the game installs and runs correctly without the need to repair.

Can a future upgrade be to drop the CIA files into the D9Game folder? and also, does decrypting the game make it so it's no longer a "Good" CIA?

I think implementing the decryption process from decrypt9 would be a better option than downloading into the D9Game folder, for now you could use FBI 2.0 or GodMode9 to copy the cia over but i'm pretty sure that by decrypting the cia you will get that 99% error like PlaiCDN caused if you redownload from the eshop, though i could be wrong.

uherrera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think implementing the decryption process from decrypt9 would be a better option than downloading into the D9Game folder, for now you could use FBI 2.0 or GodMode9 to copy the cia over but i'm pretty sure that by decrypting the cia you will get that 99% error like PlaiCDN caused if you redownload from the eshop, though i could be wrong.
There's no doubt one is better than the other but also one is faster to implement as well. Copying so many files is bad for the sdcard in the long run.

You need to download the file, decrypt it, install it and delete it every time. It adds up.

Anyways, all of that is just convenience. The important question is if decrypting the Cia makes it no longer a good cia

Zech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok... My comprehension isn't comprehending. What does this tool do? It downloads cia's directly to your 3ds? Am i getting it right? And it download the file from the eshop?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o