Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this require CFW? I got a theme from #DSThemes, installed CHMM2 2.8, opened a theme and get the error [string "?"]:625 error opening file.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not using CHMM im using the HB CHMM2.

Nevermind, apparently i cant read, i thought it would use the themes from the app folder, but it wanted the ones off the root of the sd.

Nevermind again, still get that error on a few themes.

Last edited by OfficialFBomb,

chalexthegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed a few themes, but one bgm for one of the themes keeps playing over the other ones, instead of the other's themes respective bgm. how can i fix this?

R3d91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so upon loading the theme, my 3ds softlocks. i can hear the music of my old theme for about half a second, then it cuts, and nothing loads

bunny365

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three problems:
  1. The SMDH file provided with the latest version of CHMM2 on the mirror incorrectly labels the app as BLEND3R.
  2. Some themes from 3dsthem.es, including my own Rawk Hawk theme, show a square at the beginning of the description.
  3. The theme downloader fails on line 1337 (leet)

OctoNezd

*insert some funny quote here*
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Latios12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this was covered earlier, but how do you loop your custom BGM on the 3ds home menu. I can get the song to play, but after its over it doesnt loop at all, just plain silence;despite me converting it from a wav to a looping brstm, then converting it to a bcstm file. Is theme manager not capable of looping or am i doing something wrong? (Im not using the shuffle feature at all)

Last edited by Latios12,

InceptionLoop

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I downloaded a theme, and now that I try to change it, the theme itself changes but the sound is still the sound of the older one.

EDIT: nevermind, using the CIA version fixed it.

Last edited by InceptionLoop,

Rid1_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Installing one theme works perfectly, but when trying to use the Shuffle option on CHMM2 via Homebrew I get the black screen with writing about FTP, it is as though it thinks I pressed 'R' to use the theme downloaded.

Edit: Nvm figured it out, tried installing my themes individually and one of em be the same error. Hopefully, this helps someone out!

Last edited by Rid1_,

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I am having a problem using the Homebrew version of CHMM2 on 11.2. When i previously did a System Transfer from my old 3DS XL, i transfered the Theme as well (also the music/sound). Now when i try changing the Theme, the background changes and all, but the menu music stays the same, and the only thing that fixes this is applying a bought Theme from the eShop, but that only makes you stuck on that song instead, you cannot change music with CHMM2 on 11.2, any idea?

EDIT: SCRAP THAT! I updated CHMM2 to 2.8, moved the Themes folder to the CHMM2 folder, and boom, everything started working again :)

Last edited by LokeYourLord,

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
However, i more than often get the message saying "Error: [string "?"]:625: error opening file." which is really annoying, because i need to do several reboots and theme switches before it wants to work. What can i do to fix this? And no, my theme is not corrupted, because 20 themes (some very new and recent ones from 3ds theme downloaded) cannot all be corrupt.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, i more than often get the message saying "Error: [string "?"]:625: error opening file." which is really annoying, because i need to do several reboots and theme switches before it wants to work. What can i do to fix this? And no, my theme is not corrupted, because 20 themes (some very new and recent ones from 3ds theme downloaded) cannot all be corrupt.
Try deleting the config file like the OP says.

LokeYourLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Try deleting the config file like the OP says.

Ye i did that many times, it just happens whenever it wants to happen, however, i found a "workaround" of some sort. Simply make it "crash" (display the error message) by first applying a bought eShop theme, going then into CHMM2, trying to apply a theme, let it "crash", click B to exit, exit Homebrew by pressing Start and then A to Proceed, then when it comes back to the Main Menu, the Theme will be normal white, then turn off the 3DS, boot it back up, go into CHMM2 and then apply your Theme. It works, but is a tad bit long.

Rid1_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe I'm being blind, but how often does the theme change on shuffle mode? Or is their a certain trigger? If so what is it? Many Thanks.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ye i did that many times, it just happens whenever it wants to happen, however, i found a "workaround" of some sort. Simply make it "crash" (display the error message) by first applying a bought eShop theme, going then into CHMM2, trying to apply a theme, let it "crash", click B to exit, exit Homebrew by pressing Start and then A to Proceed, then when it comes back to the Main Menu, the Theme will be normal white, then turn off the 3DS, boot it back up, go into CHMM2 and then apply your Theme. It works, but is a tad bit long.
Have you tried applying no theme and then launching hb, this is what I do and I never had a problem.

Edit: by no theme I mean the no theme option when selecting themes from your system and it makes it white with no music.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...