Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get this to function, at all. The furthest I've been able to get is opening the app.

I am on 11.2 a9lh+luma 6.5

I tried the CHMM that is included with the installation of a9lh+luma, and the cia in the OP.

Pressing R freezes the app so I have to force my device to power off.

I've tried installing a theme, it says installed, then it isn't applied.

Feel like a noob.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
When trying to install shuffled themes with the 2.8 CIA build, I get the following error:

"Error: [string "?"]:757: error opening file."

I am using a O3DS with A9LH and Luma. It's currently on 11.2. Is there some sort of incompatibility with 11.2?

EDIT: The same thing happens when I try installing a single theme, but with a different error number (599). I feel like this has something to do with 11.2.
Do you happen to put all chmm2 files in the root of your SD. And not a compatibility issue.
I can't get this to function, at all. The furthest I've been able to get is opening the app.

I am on 11.2 a9lh+luma 6.5

I tried the CHMM that is included with the installation of a9lh+luma, and the cia in the OP.

Pressing R freezes the app so I have to force my device to power off.

I've tried installing a theme, it says installed, then it isn't applied.

Feel like a noob.
You have accessed at least once themes online store and then installed some of the colorful themes for the themes running file is created on your SD. About the Right button the error is not in the application this problem appeared shock absorber website 3dsthem.es have changed the server.
Some of the new server configuration should be preventing the site access through the application.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yea, I'm using a theme from the regular theme store.
Use one of the colorful themes as custom themes that are sold in the online store removes the file modified by chmm2. Install one of the colorful themes.
The issues sold in the online store have a verification key. This key verifies not only the theme of authenticity but also prevents any changes to the official themes.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

brentblend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use one of the colorful themes as custom themes that are sold in the online store removes the file modified by chmm2. Install one of the colorful themes.
The issues sold in the online store have a verification key. This key verifies not only the theme of authenticity but also prevents any changes to the official themes.

Thanks, I finally managed to get a theme installed. I also tried a different theme, and deleted the pre-installed CHMM2.

Not sure exactly which part did it.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to put all chmm2 files in the root of your SD. And not a compatibility issue.
Does that include the localization folder? If it does... shit
I can't fix it, since I gave the 3DS back to my friend, who I prepared it for. I'll just have to ask him to give it back tomorrow so I can fix it.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Does that include the localization folder? If it does... shit
I can't fix it, since I gave the 3DS back to my friend, who I prepared it for. I'll just have to ask him to give it back tomorrow so I can fix it.
Location folders are required for the program to set the language. The only folder you do not have to put air on is the one that has a program file in exe extension. All other folders and files should be placed in the root of your SD.
You can download the necessary files at this link.
http://rinnegatamante.it/CHMM28.rar

Just do not send the files below to your SD root.
Folder - Theme Sender.
The CHMM2.smdh, CHMM2.3ds, and CHMM2.3dsx files.
All other files and folders must be placed in the root of your SD.
Install the CIA version of chmm2.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I keep trying to look for a theme I have stored on my microSD card on my 3DS, and I it keeps giving me an error message.

"Errror: [string "?"]:553: error opening ZIP file."

I wasn't trying to open a ZIP file, all I was doing was scrolling through the themes on my 3DS.

Sean_McMuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Other themes people have made work perfectly fine for me, however my own custom theme gives me this message when trying to install it:
"Error: Not Enough Memory"
However I am certain I have enough memory on my SD card.
It shows the preview fine, however it freezes when I try to load the BGM preview.

Last edited by Sean_McMuffin,

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... Other themes people have made work perfectly fine for me, however my own custom theme gives me this message when trying to install it:
"Error: Not Enough Memory"
However I am certain I have enough memory on my SD card.
It shows the preview fine, however it freezes when I try to load the BGM preview.
Your file sizes are too big. It doesn't mean memory as in SD card space. It means memory as in RAM. Make your file sizes smaller.

tnecniv43208

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry but I'm on 11.1.0.34J OFW with an old 3DS, I have no problem accessing homebrew with ninjhax or steelhax, and I have the latest 2.8 CHMM2 build installed, but every time after I installed a custom theme without error, it doesn't appear on my home menu.
Have tried using official color theme then HBL>CHMM2>installed successfully>leabe HBL and reboot system, the color theme disappears and the original white theme(or no theme) is replaced rather than my custom theme
Also tried using no theme at the first place and repeated the process above, no thing as well
Anyone please point out what have I been doing wrong? There's not a single error code and by the same process CHMM2 is functionable on my other 3DS

Sean_McMuffin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your file sizes are too big. It doesn't mean memory as in SD card space. It means memory as in RAM. Make your file sizes smaller.
So what should I do to decrease the size of my files? Is it just the BCSTM that is too large? I did use a four minute looping song for the theme.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I keep trying to look for a theme I have stored on my microSD card on my 3DS, and I it keeps giving me an error message.

"Errror: [string "?"]:553: error opening ZIP file."

I wasn't trying to open a ZIP file, all I was doing was scrolling through the themes on my 3DS.

Had the same issue, check your filename. Mine had an "è" with an accent which caused it to crash. Renamed and its all good.

Reactions: NANASHI89

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't access 3dsthem.es through CHMM2.

"Error: [string "?"]:1337: error opening url"

What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rinnegatamante
I would like to notify you that the integration mode with the 3dsthem.es site is no longer working. The application hangs when the R button is pressed.
This has been reported multiple times for months now. From what I can see chmm is a dead project, and the developer has basically left the scene at this point

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
This has been reported multiple times for months now. From what I can see chmm is a dead project, and the developer has basically left the scene at this point

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
:hateit:
The administrator of the site 3dsthem.es was developing an application to download themes through a Homebrew application for 3ds. Images below.
upload_2016-11-5_11-42-43-png.67957

It is requiring users to test the application.
He does not own 3ds he plays games using emulator.
The layout of the application was really cool.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy