Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Q) I get "cannot initialize Sound module" error when using CIA/3DS version, how can i solve?
A) You need a DSP firmware (dspfirm.cdc) to use CHMM2 as CIA/3DS version. You can dump it using DSP Firmware Dumper, uncart, braindump or Decrypt9.
I clicked this link -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsp-firmware-dumper.402108/
But I don#t really understand, what I have to do. As my registration-date suggests, I am quite new to this, so much stuff is still quite irritating to me.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I clicked this link -> https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-dsp-firmware-dumper.402108/
But I don#t really understand, what I have to do. As my registration-date suggests, I am quite new to this, so much stuff is still quite irritating to me.
Place the folder containing the dumper into your 3DS folder like any standard homebrew.
On your 3DS launch homebrew and run the DSP dumper.
It will extract the file to where it needs to go.

You can then delete the dumper if wanted.

The new DSP file will be and needs to stay in the 3DS folder

Reactions: Coffee Prosecutor

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My nands are unlinked, but when I tried to run RxTools after installing a Theme using CHMM2, Menuhax wouldn't work anymore

Does anyone knows to fix this?

edit: Just deleted one of those ''11212121c1212121c1212112fdds121'' folder at Nintendos 3DS folder and menuhax worked, but even menuhax manager's installed themes are not working. Guess it's okay, though.

Last edited by raizeny,

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Place the folder containing the dumper into your 3DS folder like any standard homebrew.
On your 3DS launch homebrew and run the DSP dumper.
It will extract the file to where it needs to go.

You can then delete the dumper if wanted.

The new DSP file will be and needs to stay in the 3DS folder
Which file of the linked link is the dumper?

Edit: Found it, didn't realize there was more stuff under "Free Works"
Edit²: I was able to install the themes, but what's next...?

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor,
Reactions: Xenosaiga

Gonchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How weird, I get Error: [string "?"]:3: unexpected symbol near ' </141>'
it was working fine yesterday, the only thing I did was changing my custom theme to the default black

gravebound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, sorry to butt in with a very old question but i just cannot get this to work.
i read the majority of this thread yesterday since i had the initialize sound module error, downloaded the dsp dumper, dumped it and had the file in the right place. i still get the error.
i only saw one other person say that they still got it despite the dump, and as far as i was able to tell, no one answered them.
i'm on an old 3ds running 10.3. i've double checked the sd card for it and i've dumped at least three times. i'm not sure what else to do.
again, im sorry to rehash an old, answered question, but the fix doesn't work for me, and i don't know what else to do

lpchaim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for this program OP, I make use of it quite regularly.
There is one oddity though, I can't seem to get shuffle mode working on my n3dsxl 10.3 reinand, be it the cia or 3dsx version. Doubly so, seeing as it used to work normally on my o3ds 10.3 rxtools setup. I've even tried deleting that extdata theme folder and all. Single themes work though, not sure why. Could it be that I have to setup shuffle on the system menu beforehand? Because I had done that on my o3ds.

EvilDrShoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with .cia and .3dsx version, I installed a custom theme before and it worked perfectly fine, but now whenever I install one it doesn't change and is still the basic theme.

EvilDrShoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, just make sure you boot on your emunand first, then use any entry point, go to menuhax manager and press A on delete, if it says error the first time, close the app , open it again and try to erase the files again
Alright, I did that so am I supposed to install it again? Because when I try to boot up emunand it just freezes on a red screen(when I leave the manager after I go through deletion I mean).

gravebound

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, sorry to butt in with a very old question but i just cannot get this to work.
i read the majority of this thread yesterday since i had the initialize sound module error, downloaded the dsp dumper, dumped it and had the file in the right place. i still get the error.
i only saw one other person say that they still got it despite the dump, and as far as i was able to tell, no one answered them.
i'm on an old 3ds running 10.3. i've double checked the sd card for it and i've dumped at least three times. i'm not sure what else to do.
again, im sorry to rehash an old, answered question, but the fix doesn't work for me, and i don't know what else to do
so, never mind, i figured it out myself.
so to anyone who has this problem too:
earlier today i installed the homebrew starter kit on my girlfriend's 3ds(also old, running 10.3). i noticed that chmm2 came preloaded with it, which when i first put homebrew on mine way back in the days where 9.9 still worked, it didn't. i opened it on hers without any problems, including not having to dump the dsp file.
so i copied her set of chmm2 that came with the kit onto my sd card and it works flawlessly now.
i have no idea why, but hey, what works works.

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
so, never mind, i figured it out myself.
so to anyone who has this problem too:
earlier today i installed the homebrew starter kit on my girlfriend's 3ds(also old, running 10.3). i noticed that chmm2 came preloaded with it, which when i first put homebrew on mine way back in the days where 9.9 still worked, it didn't. i opened it on hers without any problems, including not having to dump the dsp file.
so i copied her set of chmm2 that came with the kit onto my sd card and it works flawlessly now.
i have no idea why, but hey, what works works.

It works cause on Homebrew Starter Kit there is an old CHMM version (probably v.2.1.2 BETA) which doesn't support BGM previews (and doesn't have a lot of features also).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.