Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Conan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've gotten the cannot initialize Sound module error when launching CHMM2, and tried the DSP Firmware Dumper thinking this was the fix, but it wasn't. On 9.9.0 N3DS.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've gotten the cannot initialize Sound module error when launching CHMM2, and tried the DSP Firmware Dumper thinking this was the fix, but it wasn't. On 9.9.0 N3DS.
9.9.0, sysnand? are you using ninjhax/*hax 2.5? this shouldn't be happening if you're using 2.5.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironhax, I've been gone for a while so I'm not very aware of the new methods.
first, put the microSD into your computer, or use ftbrony/microSD Management. open the "3ds" folder and delete the "installer" folder if there is one.

get the new homebrew starter kit and extract it to the root of your SD card. this include a new ironhax installer.

go into ironhax and run the installer. it should automatically pick Ironfall version and system version for you.

Conan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, put the microSD into your computer, or use ftbrony/microSD Management. open the "3ds" folder and delete the "installer" folder if there is one.

get the new homebrew starter kit and extract it to the root of your SD card. this include a new ironhax installer.

go into ironhax and run the installer. it should automatically pick Ironfall version and system version for you.
Thanks a lot for the quick help, works just fine now.

Phil Kang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering. After I ran the program, the CHMM2 software said "No themes found..." even thought I put the Themes folder in the root of the SD Card. But when I put it in CHMM itself, I get a white screen on the bottom. So what is happening?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting to lose patience where does dspfirm.cdc go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm got it working now 2 pages back someone said where it goes.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Starting to lose patience where does dspfirm.cdc go

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm got it working now 2 pages back someone said where it goes.
If you are using the csi version, I found it likes to be in the 3ds folder. Not the root, and not within /3ds/chmm2, but rather just /3ds. Don't know why, but that's where it worked properly for me.

Mostly putting this reply for others, because if you didn't see that reply someone else might not so...

Also if anyone is having any issues installing a theme, such as either just the audio or just the graphics installing:
First make sure if you are running cia version in emuNAND, make sure it doesn't say "Menuhax Mode: On". OP already posted about this, so don't ignore it.
If you are still having issues, switch to a default color theme or no theme, then try installing a theme again.

If you have any issues with it failing to download a theme, and then failing to load every time, go into your Themes folder on the root of the sd and delete the zip file that was just downloaded.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

lyudegul

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i'm trying this and I cannot install themes. I installed a .cia version of CHMM with FBI. I put the themes on "Root/Themes", it detects them, then I press A and says "instaling" but never really installs them. Also, when I try to preview it, it launches this error:

Error: [string "?"]:667: attempt to index a nil value (field '?X

Can anyone help me? I'm in sysnand 9.2 and in emunand 10.3

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i'm trying this and I cannot install themes. I installed a .cia version of CHMM with FBI. I put the themes on "Root/Themes", it detects them, then I press A and says "instaling" but never really installs them. Also, when I try to preview it, it launches this error:

Error: [string "?"]:667: attempt to index a nil value (field '?X

Can anyone help me? I'm in sysnand 9.2 and in emunand 10.3

FAQ

Q) I get "cannot initialize Sound module" error when using CIA/3DS version, how can i solve?
A) You need a DSP firmware (dspfirm.cdc) to use CHMM2 as CIA/3DS version. You can dump it using DSP Firmware Dumper, uncart, braindump or Decrypt9.

Q) CHMM2 doesn't install properly my theme and it says Menuhax Mode: ON when i'm not using it, what can i do?
A)You must delete menuhax cache files from emuNand with menuhax_manager.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do I have to unzip the themes? Because, I loaded a few themes of them.es and put all the .zips in the "Themes"-Folder at the root of the SD-Card and it can't find any themes.
2.1, Emunand 9.2 N3DS XL

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Do I have to unzip the themes? Because, I loaded a few themes of them.es and put all the .zips in the "Themes"-Folder at the root of the SD-Card and it can't find any themes.
2.1, Emunand 9.2 N3DS XL

It should recognize both zipped or unzipped themes. Are you using CIA version?

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should recognize both zipped or unzipped themes. Are you using CIA version?
Of CHMM2? Nope, the HB-Version.

Edit: I installed and started the .cia-Version but ist just gives me 4 options:
A = Install Theme
Y = Theme Preview
Start = Exit CHMM
Press Power to initialize CHMM2.

Nothing works, it just freezes.

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of CHMM2? Nope, the HB-Version.

Edit: I installed and started the .cia-Version but ist just gives me 4 options:
A = Install Theme
Y = Theme Preview
Start = Exit CHMM
Press Power to initialize CHMM2.

Nothing works, it just freezes.
You have to press and hold the power button for about .5 to 1 second for it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head