Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me neither: i get "Error:[string "?"]:32: error opening url"

Yup, I'm getting an error too with the theme downloader
Glad to know it's not just me. I almost thought I messed something up. :P

Can't get url means it can't connect to the webpage. It's probably because that web page does not exist anymore. Or it could be the fact that the web page literally does not exist anymore.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this is something many users are having issues with and not just me, it would appear that something at this time is broken with the theme downloader portion of the software. Which is slightly annoying to me as its the main reason I just downloaded this software over the method of compiling the themes I want on my PC and then installing them as a .cia file to manage in the official theme manager on the 3DS.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see this is something many users are having issues with and not just me, it would appear that something at this time is broken with the theme downloader portion of the software. Which is slightly annoying to me as its the main reason I just downloaded this software over the method of compiling the themes I want on my PC and then installing them as a .cia file to manage in the official theme manager on the 3DS.
Don't make theme cias. They can cause lots of issues like being unable to install game cias and such. Stick to using CHMM2 and placing files in the theme folder.

Take the initiative and do it the old fashion way.

Also, here's a hint: you can find a "MEGA" pack of all the current eshop themes if you look them up on google. You will know you found the right place if you "Read it".

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't make theme cias. They can cause lots of issues like being unable to install game cias and such. Stick to using CHMM2 and placing files in the theme folder.

Take the initiative and do it the old fashion way.

Also, here's a hint: you can find a "MEGA" pack of all the current eshop themes if you look them up on google. You will know you found the right place if you "Read it".

While I appreciate your concern, I've been using a themes .cia for nearly a year now at least, and I've yet to run into a single problem because of this, every single game .cia has installed fine without issue. I'll keep using my themes .cia until the themedownloader properly works in this again. The only, and I mean ONLY issue I've had because of my pack of themes .cia is that any time I go to the eshop and leave, they become uninstalled and I Have to reinstall the pack of themes .cia (at 80mb and including all my favorite themes, both official and custom, its not too long of a wait when I did have to reinstall), but now thanks to freeshop, I don't even have any reason to enter the real eshop, so that previous "issue" isn't really even an issue any more.

Last edited by duffmmann,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's safe to use this with sysnand (no A9lh) ?
I used custom themes on sysNAND for a while before I moved onto an emuNAND, and then later to A9LH. Because the home menu theme data is on the sd card, there is no chance to brick your console. At worst if the home menu doesn't load you can take the SD card out and it should load. But I have never had such an issue using CHMM2 and custom themes.

Edit:
The worst I've had is a theme not fully install, so I only get the custom graphics or custom audio, but that problem stopped after one of the updates to CHMM2. The home menu still loaded though, it was just missing the music or didn't have the custom graphics.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: Joshwraith

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used custom themes on sysNAND for a while before I moved onto an emuNAND, and then later to A9LH. Because the home menu theme data is on the sd card, there is no chance to brick your console. At worst if the home menu doesn't load you can take the SD card out and it should load. But I have never had such an issue using CHMM2 and custom themes.

Edit:
The worst I've had is a theme not fully install, so I only get the custom graphics or custom audio, but that problem stopped after one of the updates to CHMM2. The home menu still loaded though, it was just missing the music or didn't have the custom graphics.
Thank you so much for your response.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'll try to figure out what caused the error with url you're all getting but i'm quite sure it's caused by some changes in 3DSThem.es API. Anyway, if the problem can be solved, expect an update "quite" soon.
Glad to see if you will still update this application. It would be possible to add some new functions in this possible new update.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: dimmidice

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see if you will still update this application. It would be possible to add some new functions in this possible new update.
Instead of new functions, I would like to fix the writing a theme over the other, in old versions it would work but now I have to set no theme then boot chhm and install theme to get the sound to overwrite the old sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.