• Start date
  • Views 7,196,456
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

crazyxelite

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, so that's what you're talking about.

Nope, never heard of it.

Knowing that Cemu is closed source, unofficial builds never crossed my mind.
If I understood the term "closed source" correctly, common sense should automatically make people suspicious of other builds and that searching for one online that isn't made by Exzap = stupidity.

The fact that Exzap does an incredible job in improving Cemu should already be enough for most people to stick with his releases.
I use geniune Cemu 1.5.3! :-D

Thanks for the clarification! I thought that turbo boost was just another way to say "overlock". Lol!

I now remember my big bro mentioning about the turbo boost function (which of course, as a noob, thought was the same as overclocking) and that the PC automatically boosts itself when needed. It has an MSI H110M GAMING (MS-7994) motherboard which I recall came with utilities that my bro tweaked for max performance.

Actually you can overclock your CPU, via unnoficial overclocking but just some motherboards will allow it I have my i5 6500 at 4.5ghz. Sorry for the off topic.

Anyway is the new version coming this week? I hope to see bayonetta 2 booting again.

Esppiral

Trophies
XP
Country
cEMU 1.5.3

Reshade, SSAO, DOF, HDR,Tonemapping.

Ie5llrd.png

md0VVob.png

we4XyDH.png

XUZ8QP3.png

NzOolB4.png

IPK8Dqs.png

Andrea22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't worry, I found that. A question: if I want to return to stock, I have to delete the Reshade's and Sweetfx's folders?

OpenSource

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, stop saying that @Exzap needs to register in the Wii U developpers page, if he wants to register he will have to accept to an NDA, and that NDA obviously states that reverse engineering anything is not allowed.
And if he broke the NDA he'll be thrown in jail, sued for more than he has, and get into some serious legal shit.
It's obviously either a trap from Nintendo, or that Nintendo is giving up the Wii U and 3DS.
Leaks can happen easily without anyone getting caught.

You want that to happen to @Exzap?
You can say bye bye cemu then.

Uh, I think the fact that it's an emulator for the purposes of playing dumped games, has already crossed that point of what Nintendo does and doesn't like:

How Does Nintendo Feel About the Emergence of Video Game Emulators?

The introduction of emulators created to play illegally copied Nintendo software represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers. As is the case with any business or industry, when its products become available for free, the revenue stream supporting that industry is threatened. Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $15 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs.

Can Websites and/or Internet Content Providers be Held Liable for Violation of Intellectual Property Rights if they are Only Providing Links to Illegal Software and/or Other Illegal Devices?

Yes. Personal Websites and/or Internet Content Providers sites That link to Nintendo ROMs, Nintendo emulators and/or illegal copying devices can be held liable for copyright and trademark violations, regardless of whether the illegal software and/or devices are on their site or whether they are linking to the sites where the illegal items are found.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

I guess technically according to Nintendo, if I post this link here to CEMU's site, cemu.info, I can now be sued! :rolleyes:

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Uh, I think the fact that it's an emulator for the purposes of playing dumped games, has already crossed that point of what Nintendo does and doesn't like:

How Does Nintendo Feel About the Emergence of Video Game Emulators?

The introduction of emulators created to play illegally copied Nintendo software represents the greatest threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers. As is the case with any business or industry, when its products become available for free, the revenue stream supporting that industry is threatened. Such emulators have the potential to significantly damage a worldwide entertainment software industry which generates over $15 billion annually, and tens of thousands of jobs.

Can Websites and/or Internet Content Providers be Held Liable for Violation of Intellectual Property Rights if they are Only Providing Links to Illegal Software and/or Other Illegal Devices?

Yes. Personal Websites and/or Internet Content Providers sites That link to Nintendo ROMs, Nintendo emulators and/or illegal copying devices can be held liable for copyright and trademark violations, regardless of whether the illegal software and/or devices are on their site or whether they are linking to the sites where the illegal items are found.

https://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

I guess technically according to Nintendo, if I post this link here to CEMU's site, cemu.info, I can now be sued! :rolleyes:
You don't get the point.
Cemu isn't illegal, because it doesn't contain any illegal/copyrighted material.
And it doesn't give you the ability to download games.
It lets you play your own legal dumped games which were dumped by you.
If they weren't dumped by you, it's illegal to play them using Cemu, even if you already bought the game!! :O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't enter my dragon