• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

kradon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't downgrade, just wait for the updates to come. My computer is about as half as powerful as an ideal computer for emulating Gc/Wii in vr, and that really just kills the entire experience, so there's no point in playing games all the way for me. I don't get vr sickness but I get headaches, and the low framerates kill any enjoyment to be had.

To add to that you also need the fps hacks, the rift runs at 75 and gc/wii runs at 20/30/60 fps. You need the full 75. And to add to all of that the dk2 resolution is like staring a foot away into a wall of 480p tv from 2000, the kind you could rub the static off of.

Fix all those issues, all the best oculus games out right now are in dolphin. Smash bros is like turning your desk into a fighting stage where you can stick your head in and look at the fighters, Metroid prime plays like it was designed for the rift. Super Mario Galaxy is the coolest of them all, bring down the scale and you're following mario jumping from soccer ball to soccer ball planet in the middle of space. There's definitely merit to revisiting games in vr, especially once all the kinks are worked out.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Your comment is really tempting me to downgrade just to try it out. I do get motion sickness from regular oculus rift dk2 games so I'm not sure how long I'd be able to enjoy said experiences.

@AboodXD Unfortunately, a video capture of VR really can't convey the experience but it's a start, thank you.

Last edited by kradon,

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've never considered dolphin vr to be a great addon considering wii games weren't optimized for VR. I'm curious though, is it a whole new experience, so much that it's worth downgrading back to 8.1 if my computer can handle the VR?
Wii/GC/PSP games in VR is nothing short of a miracle, God bless 2EyeGuy aka gbatemp member CarlKenner

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, Deus Ex Human Revolution Dev Cut is not showing anything in 1.0.1 , I mean ingame, in previous version it showed few textures , now is a black screen, intros and menu works perfectly

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i cannot use this on a computer with an amd processor?
Unless you like seeing 0.0000001 fps then go right ahead and use it!(im joking, Amd processors will most likely not be able to handle what Cemu does for a while, you'd probably be able to run it but to define running as enjoyable then no you wouldn't)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

xxmasal22xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you like seeing 0.0000001 fps then go right ahead and use it!(im joking, Amd processors will most likely not be able to handle what Cemu does for a while, you'd probably be able to run it but to define running as enjoyable then no you wouldn't)

its an amd a8 (8 core) with intergrated graphics in the processor at 1.60 ghz and 6gb or ram. even with the 8 core its a no go?

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its an amd a8 (8 core) with intergrated graphics in the processor at 1.60 ghz and 6gb or ram. even with the 8 core its a no go?
Emulators tend to go for more single-core power, most of the consoles that are emulated don't use more than 2 cores, hence why dolphin or even this would run badly(dolphin is the exception due to it being fairly optimized), i would recommend getting an intel if you plan to run a wii or wii u emulator!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock