Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well you need to setup it, so you need the 3dsx the rei folder and the firmware.bin, but yeah you just need to place the right files n folders on your microsd card and then make an entry for ctrbootmanager

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Well you need to setup it, so you need the 3dsx the rei folder and the firmware.bin, but yeah you just need to place the right files n folders on your microsd card and then make an entry for ctrbootmanager
Tried it, I only get black screen. I don't have gateway so I used the emunand from emunand9.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't matter if you have the gateway card, the emunand should be on GW type format for best compatibility with cfw.
For RedNand format you should use other cfw's?
Well, I am using cakes because it works. I read reinand requires mset so..... I stopped when pasta won't even boot from browser/menuhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you sure you have the firmware.bin? Btw im using bootctr and I can boot cakes, reinand and rxtools just fine

I got firmware.bin from ReiNand github page. It was precompiled with everything else. I just pasted it all at the root of the sdcard.

Jokillemall

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know where to ask this and i sarched everywhere on internet but couldnt find an answer. I'm using Cakes 1.0.2 but when i try to load some games (happy home designer, smash bros, Monster hunter x) i get a black screen which says hold power botton and retry... how can i fix this?

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know where to ask this and i sarched everywhere on internet but couldnt find an answer. I'm using Cakes 1.0.2 but when i try to load some games (happy home designer, smash bros, Monster hunter x) i get a black screen which says hold power botton and retry... how can i fix this?

you have to enable a patch in cakes menu.(Hold "L" trigger when booting cakes)
"Survive reboot when launching some titles" activate this one and it should be fine.

Theswweet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone leaked the keys over pastebin again. If anyone (mid-kid, et all) wants a link/download - just hit me up on PM.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the delay, I meant to have it done a while ago.
In any case it's ready: http://ny1.hashbang.sh:8834/nightly/Cakes_105.zip
Grab the new firmware.bin from the OP, grab the slot0x11key96.bin (goes in the root of the SD) from nope in the CakesFW thread (may take a bit to get up. Otherwise use the bytes 16 until 32 from the leak by ryanrocks and put them in the file, the same way as slot0x25keyX.bin), and you should be good to go.
Keep in mind this is a nightly, and I'm not sure what issues may arise.
Good luck; have fun.

Fun fact: I don't even own a n3ds. Thanks to all the testers who helped me out on IRC.

Last edited by BORTZ,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab the new firmware.bin from the OP, grab the slot0x11key96.bin (goes in the root of the SD) from 3dsiso in the CakesFW thread (may take a bit to get up. Otherwise use the bytes 16 until 32 from the leak by ryanrocks and put them in the file, the same way as slot0x25keyX.bin), and you should be good to go.
Good luck; have fun.
YOU'RE THE BEST

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab the new firmware.bin from the OP, grab the slot0x11key96.bin (goes in the root of the SD) from 3dsiso in the CakesFW thread (may take a bit to get up. Otherwise use the bytes 16 until 32 from the leak by ryanrocks and put them in the file, the same way as slot0x25keyX.bin), and you should be good to go.
Good luck; have fun.
Thanks man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball