Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone know how to update the emunand with cakes? it keeps showing me sys nan version in emunand setting then when i back out it back on sys nand. i can tell its emunand because of different theme.
Cakes doesn't have a label thing in emunand like Reinand / RxTools etc. It just looks normal Ver. xxxxx
And yeah when you exit system settings on emunand it will boot you back to sysnand, that's normal and how it's always been. :)

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a o3ds on 4.5 is this the best cfw at the minute? Last time I tried one was a while ago and didn't always boot

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cakes doesn't have a label thing in emunand like Reinand / RxTools etc. It just looks normal Ver. xxxxx
And yeah when you exit system settings on emunand it will boot you back to sysnand, that's normal and how it's always been. :)
scary to update then huh? lol thanks

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Successfully installed Cakes on my old 3DS but having some big problems with the New one. Tried different combinations of firmware.bin and firmkey.bin and either I get error (failed to decrypt FIRM) or black screens. Can someone PM me firmware and firmkey (or at least write the MD5s here)? 9.5 ones in the thread of that ISO site didn't work. Please, I beg you

Last edited by Elveman,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Successfully installed Cakes on my old 3DS but having some big problems with the New one. Tried different combinations of firmware.bin and firmkey.bin and either I get error (failed to decrypt FIRM) or black screens. Can someone PM me firmware and firmkey (or at least write the MD5s here)? 9.5 ones in the thread of that ISO site didn't work. Please, I beg you
Google the MD5 in the OP and pastebin.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but the size of my NAND plus gateways fake header (they use a fake and then keep the real one later) is just a little bigger than my NAND (which is correct as there are two headers) but after that and before the fat32 partition there are several megabytes worth of seemingly random data... There's no strings or anything, I'm wondering if it's just that gateway launcher didn't erase that part of the of the card when they wrote the emuNAND to the card so whatever was on the card before in that location stayed because the card wasn't zeroed to start

Zeroing an SD card (or any storage device, especially when it's big) takes a very long time. Nobody bothers doing that. So yeah, it's leftovers from whatever was stored there previously.

And for @mid-kid, the emunand patches for 9.0 n3ds is missing on Cakes 9.9.

Nobody's bothered adding them (see the cakes/patches/n3ds-0x04 folder on your SD card). Most people use the 9.5 firmware.bin for emuNAND.

You only need the 9.5 firmware.bin and you can get the cetk from the OP. I posted the right firmware.bin on the iso site, and it should float around some other places. Please note that the o3ds firmkey.bin != n3ds firmkey.bin. If you don't have a n3ds firmware.bin, generate it with the cetk, as explained in the OP.

Also, I guess I'm back.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Google the MD5 in the OP and pastebin.

Zeroing an SD card (or any storage device, especially when it's big) takes a very long time. Nobody bothers doing that. So yeah, it's leftovers from whatever was stored there previously.

Nobody's bothered adding them (see the cakes/patches/n3ds-0x04 folder on your SD card). Most people use the 9.5 firmware.bin for emuNAND.

You only need the 9.5 firmware.bin and you can get the cetk from the OP. I posted the right firmware.bin on the iso site, and it should float around some other places. Please note that the o3ds firmkey.bin != n3ds firmkey.bin. If you don't have a n3ds firmware.bin, generate it with the cetk, as explained in the OP.

Also, I guess I'm back.

Thank you for all the kind answers, found those (and maybe found the source of the problem - it could be wrong 3dsx with old CakeBrah (broken libkhax, I guess)). Will try those later

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one update ahead of the supported system firmware.
I'm still curious though...would this happen to work on 10.1.0-27?
I apologize if the answer is stated elsewhere. I just thought asking here would be an easier way to be answered. I'm bad at searching for results.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm one update ahead of the supported system firmware.
I'm still curious though...would this happen to work on 10.1.0-27?
I apologize if the answer is stated elsewhere. I just thought asking here would be an easier way to be answered. I'm bad at searching for results.

if your current system firmware is 10.1.0-27.... no is doesnt work. if you want to riun CIA files, i.e. 3DS games.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
@WhoAmI?

Q: does your "rxTools Windows batch script Compile it Yourself package" also works for CakesCFW if i modify it a bit?
Can't test it out, not behind a pc for a day. (and a tablet isn't usefull to try out compiling)

Same batch file to install enviroment (If everything is set up to work fine with rxTools it should also work for CakeCFW)

Note all scritping is done by @WhoAmI? I just changed a few words so it should work for cakecfw :P
Use the "1. Install_Env.bat" from his package first (See link a few lines above) to install everything you need, then make a copy of "build_rxtools.bat" and name it "build_cakecfw.bat"
copy/paste the script in the code window below into build_cakecfw.bat replacing all other txt

build_cakecfw.bat (or whatever you like to name it, i think it should work to for those that want to compile CakeCFW on there own)

Code:
echo off
Title = Building CakeCFW...
cls
%~d0
cd %~dp0
if exist "CakesForeveryWan" (
    cd CakesForeveryWan
    Title = Building CakeCFW ^(Update^)...
    echo Updating repo...
    git pull origin master
    git submodule update --init --recursive
) else (
    Title = Building CakeCFW ^(Clone^)...
    echo Cloning repo...
    git clone --recursive https://github.com/mid-kid/CakesForeveryWan.git
    cd CakesForeveryWan
)
echo Building...
Title = Building CakeCFW ^(Clean^)...
make clean
Title = Building CakeCFW ^(Release^)...
make
Title =  Building CakeCFW ^(Done^)
echo.
echo ################################################
color A
echo Done. Files are in the "CakesForeveryWan/out" folder.
cd ..
pause >nul
goto :EOF

NOTE: haven't tested it cause not able to for the moment, but it should work!

Reactions: WhoAmI?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
@WhoAmI?

Q: does your "rxTools Windows batch script Compile it Yourself package" also works for CakesCFW if i modify it a bit?
Can't test it out, not behind a pc for a day. (and a tablet isn't usefull to try out compiling)

Same batch file to install enviroment (If everything is set up to work fine with rxTools it should also work for CakeCFW)

Note all scritping is done by @WhoAmI? I just changed a few words so it should work for cakecfw :P
Use the "1. Install_Env.bat" from his package first (See link a few lines above) to install everything you need, then make a copy of "build_rxtools.bat" and name it "build_cakecfw.bat"
copy/paste the script in the code window below into build_cakecfw.bat replacing all other txt

build_cakecfw.bat (or whatever you like to name it, i think it should work to for those that want to compile CakeCFW on there own)

Code:
echo off
cls
%~d0
cd %~dp0
    cd CakesForeveryWan
    echo Updating repo...
    git pull origin master
) else (
    echo Cloning repo...
    cd CakesForeveryWan
)
echo Building...
make clean
make
echo.
color A
cd ..
pause >nul

It should work if you have ARMIPS, yes :)

Reactions: DjoeN

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
@WhoAmI?

Code:
echo off
cls
%~d0
cd %~dp0
    cd CakesForeveryWan
    echo Updating repo...
    git pull origin master
) else (
    echo Cloning repo...
    cd CakesForeveryWan
)
echo Building...
make clean
make
echo.
color A
cd ..
pause >nul

You gotta love the console output of my install script tho xD

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Here is a version of CakeBrah with a 100% success rate on Ninjhax 2 and related hax (O3DS). It replaces Brahma's ARM11 hax with libkhax, adding support for Ninjhax 2 while retaining stability. It, however, does not work on N3DS yet, as libkhax will need to be updated to properly support N3DS.

Developers: Here is the pull request (and from there, the repository) if you're interested: https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeBrah/pull/2
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eigz92hojmnelrs/CakeBrah.zip?dl=1
Since i have my 3ds systems back from a hardmod i gotta catch-up :/
So to autoboot CakeCFW with ThemeHax on O3DS(XL) sysnand9.2
- I just place the file cake.3dsx from the dropbox link in the root of the SD and rename it boot.3dsx (i checked cakesCFW working with Ninjhax 1.1b starting from HBL before attempting this, it works fine)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since i have my 3ds systems back from a hardmod i gotta catch-up :/
So to autoboot CakeCFW with ThemeHax on O3DS(XL) sysnand9.2
- I just place the file cake.3dsx from the dropbox link in the root of the SD and rename it boot.3dsx (i checked cakesCFW working with Ninjhax 1.1b starting from HBL before attempting this, it works fine)
I recommend ctrbootmanager instead.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

People need scipts to "git pull && make clean all"? Okay. ._.
Either way, the builds in the downloads should be reasonably up to date, and if there's any new interesting stuff in master, it shouldn't take long for a build to appear.

About progress, I'm more interested in poking around the system and getting a better understanding of how some things work before I start actively adding features again. This mostly means that you shouldn't expect any updates (except maintenance/compatibility) for a while. Also, real life is getting in the way much more than it used to lately, so I don't have much time anymore for this either. Couple that with the fact that I'm currently the only person working on this project, and you see the reason why you shouldn't expect any updates any time soon. Please remember that I'm always open for contributions, though I don't expect any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg