Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just managed to install a cia manager in my n3ds without CN/gateway thanks to @Steveice10 :yaysp:

You need :
- A 9.0-9.2 console obviously
- Browserhax : https://gbatemp.net/threads/yellows8s-browserhax-thread.398132/
- Cakes for ninjhax2 : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cakesfw.391200/page-62#post-5695644
- Cakes 9.9 (first post) with an encrypted 9.0-9.2 firmware.bin : can't link it here, but search "firmware9.2.bin" on google on download the Cakes.zip folder. The md5 of the firmware9.2.bin should be 87aea2e8c30a533fd9f319683b3a0793. Rename it firmware.bin and put it in the cakes folder along with the cetk file.
- The latest ninjhax version of FBI : https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-fbi-open-source-cia-installer.386433/
- A cia version of the cia installer you want to install (for exemple FBI or BigBlueMenu)

Once you have all of that :
1. Start the HBL
2. Choose Cakes
3. In select Patches, choose "Disable signature checks" but don't choose emunand.
4. Boot the cfw.
5. Run the browserhax again, but now choose FBI.
6. Install the cia manager. If you get a database error, read the FBI faq in the official thread.

Then you will have a cia installer installed on the sysnand. You will still need CN or OOT to create an emunand though.

I get a "Description: <unknown> (0x2f)" error when I try to install a cia in FBI.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you do exactly that :
-Start the HBL
- Start Cakes
- Select the signatures patch only
- Boot cfw
- Once you're back on the menu, start directly the HBL again
- Start FBI

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you do exactly that :
-Start the HBL
- Start Cakes
- Select the signatures patch only
- Boot cfw
- Once you're back on the menu, start directly the HBL again
- Start FBI
Was using firmware9.5.bin. Used the 9.2 one and it worked. Thanks :)
How do I access the installed cia managers though? Their icons aren't appearing in the Home Menu.

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Was using firmware9.5.bin. Used the 9.2 one and it worked. Thanks :)
How do I access the installed cia managers though? Their icons aren't appearing in the Home Menu.

Weird it should if you let destination on SD.
Also I just tested, and using a cubic ninja cia with the gw launcher works, so you can create an emunand without the retail cartdrige. :yaysp:

Reactions: mehrab2603

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
No... I want to Play the Translation of Fire Emblem If
Edit: The Fan Translation
That's more clear than your first post. Cakes wouldn't stop you from playing a CIA game. If the game is crypto fixed and works on 9.2 or lower (which I assume is what you have) then there should be no reason why the translated CIA wouldn't work if am understand it correctly.

^

check in the game hacking and translation section for info on this
Thanks I know what that's about. He just worded his post weirdly to the extent that I couldn't believe the question lol

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can find the (partially) translated version on the "Moody's CIA Downloads" thread on that iso site. And you need the 9.5 firmware.bin to play it.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mid-kid Thanks for this, just swapped out from ReiNAND and took the plunge of unlinking nands.
@Steveice10 You're just churning out all the good stuff, thanks for the custom build, FBI and probably at least three other you've touched.

I have now joined the club of autobooting CFW. My region swapped console is now even further of a mess.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can find the (partially) translated version on the "Moody's CIA Downloads" thread on that iso site. And you need the 9.5 firmware.bin to play it.
Okay... But with the 9.5 FW.bin it cant run Cakes correctly (It still test the Signature...) And so I cant boot anything

mironicurse

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
why is successful boot chance dramatically lower when it's booted automaticly(autoboot)? :( 3/5 times i get black screens and have to power off.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's more clear than your first post. Cakes wouldn't stop you from playing a CIA game. If the game is crypto fixed and works on 9.2 or lower (which I assume is what you have) then there should be no reason why the translated CIA wouldn't work if am understand it correctly.

Thanks I know what that's about. He just worded his post weirdly to the extent that I couldn't believe the question lol

Lol no the arrow ^ was saying "what he said" the rest was directed at the first post I quoted... Sorry for the confusion

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why is successful boot chance dramatically lower when it's booted automaticly(autoboot)? :( 3/5 times i get black screens and have to power off.

It's probably yet another timing difference... The original payload had a delay for a bit waiting for button presses and the new one probably does its stuff then checks if a button is held, if not then it just boots it which is faster than something with a delay

Last edited by dark_samus3,
Reactions: Madridi

Choquette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I need help! When I launch the Hbc with the themehax I get the message failed to load Firm
Make sure...
I d/l the firmware9.2 renamed it and put it in the cakes folder (root)!
Bit what is cakes folder from cakes 9.9?
I cannot find something called cakes 9.9.
Is it the folder that has the cakes_89.dat config.dat and firmkey.bin with the folder patches?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Everything leads to vegas nerve compression. which in looking into it, can cause very bad health issues and can absolutely be fatal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, That sucks. My mum had a very bad neck and she's been to many drs to see what the problem is, and none of them noticed anything (except for one). They found that her discs is squeezing between her esophagus.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Try a hot wet towel (almost burning hot) on your upper neck almost the base of your skull. Might provide temporary relief
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It's why she cannot swallow hard food
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    :( I feel sorry for you, man.
    +1
    Genetics
    Ive done that a lot. Hot compresses.
    It does provide temp relief but comes back right away.
    A simple surgery might be able to correct it for both of you
    +1
    The source of this information for me is Dr House. Some of the stories where based on actual cases
    +1
    One episode helped me save a life one time
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    House M.D. is great.
    Sad for the pain. I hope it gets better somehow. @RedColoredStars
    +2
    Yes. Thats what Ive read. Surgery is most likely required. I sent a message to the ENT center with my concerns and asked if I should be seen much sooner and not wait, since it will be 71 days since symptoms started until my appointment.
    +1
    Guy came in his lips where turning blue, I knew he was having a heart attack and I raced him to the ER they saved him
    +2
    Without House I wouldn't have recognized the symptoms
    +1
    Blue like this?
    rk4URjod_ZYte_1024.webp
    House was fantastic show from the episodes I've seen. Maybe I should watch the entire series.
    +3
    @HiradeGirl, almost, definitely a noticeable difference than normal color
    Are your lips blue like that Hirada?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, The theme for House M.D. reminds me of when Computer Clan used this as their intro music.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I miss the old days.
    Me too. When I was young and not all fucking broken.
    @RedColoredStars Maybe I'm having a stroke. Sorry gtg, will update later.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @RedColoredStars Maybe I'm having a stroke. Sorry gtg, will update later.