Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I followed the instructions with cakeCFW and I get a black screen when I boot the CFW.

It just says "get the latest version of cakes" so naturally I go for v99, as well as cakebrah 99. What a I supposed to do here? my n3ds is 9.0.0-20E

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I followed the instructions with cakeCFW and I get a black screen when I boot the CFW.

It just says "get the latest version of cakes" so naturally I go for v99, as well as cakebrah 99. What a I supposed to do here? my n3ds is 9.0.0-20E
try putting the CakeBrah on the SD card again (you need to put it on second or it will be overwritten)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can I not get my DSTWO to boot in emunand? It was working when I was running rx tools, but after I switched over, it just black screens. Was hacked for a friend. Very awkward and disappointing when it failed. O3DS 9.2 FW. Emunand is at 10.1. Cake is autobooted with homemenuhax and ctr boot manager.

Also, it freezes on boot occasionally. I switched to cake hoping that would help, but no.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Why can I not get my DSTWO to boot in emunand? It was working when I was running rx tools, but after I switched over, it just black screens. Was hacked for a friend. Very awkward and disappointing when it failed. O3DS 9.2 FW. Emunand is at 10.1. Cake is autobooted with homemenuhax and ctr boot manager.

Also, it freezes on boot occasionally. I switched to cake hoping that would help, but no.
Features :
  • Full and free EmuNAND support, up to the latest version, 9.9
  • Access to the eShop and to online playing (requires an updated emuNAND)
  • Support for 100% of the games (newer ones will require emuNAND)
  • Support for sysNAND, in case an emuNAND is not found
  • Support for the latest emuNAND version
  • Signatures Checks disabled
  • Support for installing FBI (a CIA Manager) in both emuNAND and sysNAND
  • Dynamic ram dumping (just for debug purpouses)
  • Support for sysNAND, in case an emuNAND is not found
  • AGB (GBA Virtual Console) Support
  • TWL (DSiWare/DS Cardriges) Support
Well, it seems that rxTools provides a special patch for DS cartridge to work.

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of Cake getting that patch added?
For developers:

Contributions are welcome on my github: https://github.com/mid-kid/CakesForeveryWan
Just don't be scared if I end up rewriting/restructuring your code as I see fit.
You may happily fork the project if you don't agree with something. I just ask you to rename it, give credits, publish source, and actually add/change something useful (a.k.a. don't be a smartass).
Q&A:

Q: Why should I use this?
A: If you ask yourself that question, this is probably not for you. Other projects already provide a lot of stuff this provides.

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How is the boot rate for everyone with the latest cakebrah? Sometimes, it boots in the first try, other times, I have to try around 5 times.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the boot rate for everyone with the latest cakebrah? Sometimes, it boots in the first try, other times, I have to try around 5 times.

I believe it depends on which theme payload you're using as well as n3ds vs o3ds if you're using the autoboot with no button holding payload then it has been reported that there is a lower success rate as well as a lower rate on n3ds

darklinkpower

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe it depends on which theme payload you're using as well as n3ds vs o3ds if you're using the autoboot with no button holding payload then it has been reported that there is a lower success rate as well as a lower rate on n3ds

I see. I'm on 9.0 o3ds, do you know if the 9.2 payload is better?
Also, where can I get the button-holding boot.3dsx?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. I'm on 9.0 o3ds, do you know if the 9.2 payload is better?
Also, where can I get the button-holding boot.3dsx?

It isn't a boot.3dsx you have to launch the homebrew launcher and reinstall the one yellows8 made, I haven't been able to try themehax yet because my 3ds has been broken (just fixed it tonight, will assemble and test tomorrow) so I can't really say on the 9.2 payload

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Any chance of Cake getting that patch added?

There hasn't been much interest in implementing loading the TWL/AGB firms with the reboot patches, though it shouldn't be very hard.

100% for me. I have the regular olde aqua blue o3ds.

Last edited by mid-kid,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is the problem with running GBA and DS games with CFW? It isn't like anything changes... Unless maybe when you use firmlaunch they aren't reloaded into NAND? I'd really like to know it's had me wondering for awhile now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...