Hacking Official [Release] CakesFW

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How many times did you try? It has around an 80% or so boot rate according to the author
Did you try it a few times? Its not very reliable.

I've just tried 10 times with diferent enry points and no luck :sad: With Ironhax it takes me back to the homebrew launcher again. With themehax it get stuck at red screen.

Reactions: thaikhoa

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to load about 20 times but no luck :D
Hmm... So FBI (the one Stevice10 is trying to make work on 9.0-9.2) doesn't work on N3ds with *hax 2.x and neither does brahmah 2 on *hax 2.x hmm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It won't, and it's most definitely a timing issue so you'd need an N3DS to test.

Yep its a timing issue just like Stevice10 thought

Arcanuskun

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Here's a video of a coldboot to cakes emunand 9.9 for all you doubters. :P (thanks @Steveice10 for the no button payloads)
https://vid.me/6Aqk

Notice the yellow theme. That's because the emunand is unlinked and doesn't interfere with the sysnand theme cache.
You renamed the new cakes.3dsx to boot.3dsx? Hahaha. That's why I asked @Steveice10 to build one. :)

Reactions: zoogie

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @zoogie for your contribution.
I'd like to add it to the official release, but reading the comments, it doesn't seem to work so reliably.
I'll wait for the things to be ironed out.

Meanwhile, I was trying a different approach: Porting CakeHax to themehax directly, so we can remove the need for ninjhax2's otherapp payload. This effort isn't going very well, however.

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have my O3DS at sysNand 9.2 and have created a GW emuNand as well. I can boot into emuNand in both rxTools and CakeFW through Spider, the only thing I can't seem to get working is installing a title manager in emuNand. My enuNand has FBI 1.3.8 on H&S but everything it installs just comes up with black nameless icons. I was looking to install either BBM or latest FBI on the emuNand. Do I need to unlink sysNand to get this stuff working?

Thanks!

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have my O3DS at sysNand 9.2 and have created a GW emuNand as well. I can boot into emuNand in both rxTools and CakeFW through Spider, the only thing I can't seem to get working is installing a title manager in emuNand. My enuNand has FBI 1.3.8 on H&S but everything it installs just comes up with black nameless icons. I was looking to install either BBM or latest FBI on the emuNand. Do I need to unlink sysNand to get this stuff working?

Thanks!

Easiest thing to do is once you get everything working on system nand, backup the sd card and format emunand, unlink the nands and put everything back on and repeat again to get everything working on system nand. Once done all you need to do is update emunand

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's loaded but after 2 red flashing on bottom screen it's back to hbm, nothing happened :D

It's got the same bugs and limitations as Brahma2. Please try the "regular" Brahma2, and report it's bugs in the Brahma2 thread. If there's a bug CakeBrah has which Brahma2 doesn't have, then report it here, but I don't think that to be the case.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry not to mention that. I'm on N3DS.
Well there's been a new commit for Brahma 2, booting for o3ds seems to be 100% reliable now but n3ds still doesn't seem to have any success... It'll be here soon, don't worry, its just been a sudden explosion of development... Yellows8 with two new entrypoints that are AWESOME and then Brahma 2 and Stevice10 working on FBI for *hax 2.x on 9.0-9.2... Give it about a week and there should be a lot more done, but the advancements made are very promising for the future

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43