ROM Hack [RELEASE] Bravely Default Village Save Editor

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems using the Update Data under the save menu after messing with their save file? I used the village save editor to add villagers and ever since then my update data will cause an error forcing me to power off my console.

Reactions: Pyrexo

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I see. So some good and bad news. I don't mind using some form of hacks, I just don't want to erase/format my DS to install some new firmware, or spend 60+ dollars on a gateway flash card (I am extremely poor at the moment). So if there is some workaround, I would be incredibly appreciative if you let me know. As I said, if it's easy, and doesn't involve wiping anything, reinstalling firmware and so on, I don't mind downloading a hack, using a workaround, or some form of web editor at all.

hope it helps you but this is the exploit almost everyone is using

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

then just search the save data manager posted in the hombrew section and enjoy

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had problems using the Update Data under the save menu after messing with their save file? I used the village save editor to add villagers and ever since then my update data will cause an error forcing me to power off my console.
None here, this is the first I've heard of it. If I had to guess though, did you not unlock any buildings before leveling them up? (I.E didn't get a level 1 building before making it level 10 or so)? This game has next to no error handling in terms of the unexpected edits, from what I've tinkered with, so something like that would not surprise me if it crashed it.

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None here, this is the first I've heard of it. If I had to guess though, did you not unlock any buildings before leveling them up? (I.E didn't get a level 1 building before making it level 10 or so)? This game has next to no error handling in terms of the unexpected edits, from what I've tinkered with, so something like that would not surprise me if it crashed it.

Nah, I had 9 villagers when I changed it 100 and I had several buildings already leveled up. When I first started playing I was getting this error but I fixed it by deleting my internet connection, then adding it again. This time, that fix doesn't seem to work.

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope it helps you but this is the exploit almost everyone is using

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

then just search the save data manager posted in the hombrew section and enjoy

Wow, that looks very promising! Thank you so very much.

So from what I am seeing and reading, all I have to do is run the free youtube app after changing some settings, and I can run homebrew? Will this let me install .cia files, run the savedata filer or other savedata things that would let me decrypt the saves?

moopas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* UPDATE *

It worked, THANK YOU so very much. Here is what I did, so I can contribute somewhat of what I have learned for anyone else seeking information.

New 3DS ( No Custom Firmware, No Flash card )
eShop game ( Legitly purchased )
Homebrew Launcher ( http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ )
Save Data Manager ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/save-data-manager-and-editor-for-firmware-up-to-9-9.396245/ )

What I did :

Install the Homebrew Launcher listed above by following the steps on that website. No custom installation or firmware needed.
Install the Save Data Manager by dragging and dropping, as stated on the site.
Launch the Homebrew Launcher, just as the site states, and select the Save Data Manager.

Select the game with left/right, then export the save.
Open your exported save from the root "save_manager" folder with whatever save editor you want (in this case, the Colony0.sav)
Run Save Data Manager via the Homebrew channel again, and import the save after selecting your game.

DONE!

And the beauty is that all this is extremely simple and fast.

Reactions: SoyAlexPop

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I had 9 villagers when I changed it 100 and I had several buildings already leveled up. When I first started playing I was getting this error but I fixed it by deleting my internet connection, then adding it again. This time, that fix doesn't seem to work.
Odd. I don't see how editing the save would cause the issue unless the edit did something like I mentioned above (setting your building levels if you don't actually have them yet, since that's a known crash). I don't know if I can offer any assistance on this issue since I never ran into it, or heard about anyone else having it.

* UPDATE *

It worked, THANK YOU so very much. Here is what I did, so I can contribute somewhat of what I have learned for anyone else seeking information.
(snip of long text)

Cool, nice to see that it worked.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I'll confirm with the usefulness of TubeHax. Works for current updated firmware, so literally no reason to hide from the newest E-shop toys.

While I can see why people like the Village Editor... I never saw any special point to it, as from release in Japan I still got it done easily, with only the online way to get people to my village and streetpassing myself.
And Gold... Why would anyone waste time with the nemesis? Just use the Infinite Gold Farm combo with Merchant. But I guess one can save time by just setting the number.

What I've always hoped for is the ability to mod the items, particularly for the ones you only can get as gifts from codes earned from buying certain things. Like the Bunny Suit.

Also hoping for a Bravely Second editor, for the same reason... Those items!

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I very much would have loved to make this a fully fledged save editor, but the inventory is stored... odd. On my main save, and any save I created to try to figure out how it was stored, the values would never line up properly. If anybody knows how its stored, I'd be more than happy to do the code work to make the editor do so. Sort of the same for jobs and their exp, my save just didn't line up to what the known #s were. So for now, this is what we have. (I could have added the gold editing part, since its values were well known and worked, but I got lazy.) As for bravely second, I grabbed a copy of the demo ages ago, and the village at least, is the same thing with some values shifted, so if anything this editor can be updated to support it with little to no fuss. ;)

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang... it's almost like they tried to nip modding in advance... I just wanted tons of the Breads and DL Items... (Even Cyber Editor has only the same useless codes as PowerSaves)

I did come across another thread here that was trying to make sense of the other save data. It seems they managed to identify the character levels at least, and maybe isolate the areas for Jobs and Items. Could it maybe help?

The full game of Bravely Second does seem to be basically the same as the Three Knights short game, so hopefully that will help.
But... editing the village (or money) has little point with how fast you can max it out (Got it and the Ship done plenty fast from just streetpassing my second system and the daily online ones. It's just learning to allocate the villagers smartly to minimize the wait, which I honestly enjoy that feature.).

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its the one other thread here on GBATemp, I already saw it. The basic data structures were there, I could find all 4 characters and their job layouts, but the #s didn't match up. Same for the inventory. Know exactly where it starts, and it has a decent buffer of space, but, iirc, the issue was in the # of items per item type. It didn't follow any sane # scale. It would go up in hex by large jumps, and loop back over to 00, but still increase item count. Perhaps my copy of the game is just funky, but the #s just did not make sense at all. /shrug

And yeah, if you live in a decent area for streetpassing, maxing your village is stupidly easy. But I live in an area where there is probably 1 other 3ds user within a realistic distance of me, and they don't even have BD. So the village would be drastically slower than desired.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^_^; No, I get the JP versions of each game on release date. There isn't ever anyone to streetpass for any of my games within hundreds of miles (until a US version comes out... and hey, I'm already long done by then). I literally had one streetpass (my same game loaded on my second 3DS) and the free 1-3 villagers you get once a day online. That's it. I still maxed out in plenty short time by smartly allocating them as I went. Just have them work while you sleep or are at work/school and it's done in no time. It's not a feature you need maxed early on anyways, as the bonuses are more useful in late-game.

But it's neat that it's known how to edit it anyways. Actually, could be fun to reset it... Like I said, I had fun doing that. A bit of a brain exercise on how to finish it most efficiently with the limited number of people I have there.

That aside, I hope the pattern is found soon(ish)! If I get a chance to try testing the data and find anything useful I'll be sure to put it up (Though Hex Edit always hurts my head...)

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what I would like is a cheat that makes the nemeses always drop unearthly buns. I mean, always when they would normally, not that the drop rate is 100%. farming them would be kind of a pleasure instead of a torture...

I'll keep dreaming.

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As fun as that would be, to the best of my knowledge (and setting aside blatant hacking the game) that couldn't be done short of creating a custom Nemesis that could be loaded properly into the game (and then even Passed around).
Constantly-active cheats are pretty much a thing of the past, and to be honest, good riddance (no one likes facing a person using active cheats). At least with save edits, the worst that should happen is what's limited to normal gameplay. Even for solo games, it's better to have to play SOME of the game, no?

Though... that does make me remember the desire for somehow a custom streetpass data program (set specific data to streetpass from the program on your computer, making anything possible, such as easy Puzzle Pieces in the Plaza).

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, such a feature is live-editing only. Simple save editing wouldn't fly in this case, unless they store nemesis drops in the save file. (lol what why would you even do that?) However it would be very possible to just edit your save to have 99 buns. At least once somebody figures out the save format for inventory /shrug.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yeah I know it would require proper cheats and not save editing. I wrote it just to vent or something.
but still, I got an idea to acceptably emulate it: give myself many unearthly buns and only use one when a nemesis drops me a bun (whichever it is). I'll probably never do it, anyway, because I haven't played the game for many months and BD 2 will probably come out first.

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so since this editor simply will not work for me without crashing after hitting Save (and thus the file becoming corrupted) and any manual editing of the file seems to break everything, maybe someone can just link me to a completed COLONY0 file for the US version of the game? Or are they not interchangeable?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you happen to be getting any particular error when it crashes? Cause crashing shouldn't happen and if it is fixable, I'd like to address it.
Also colony0 has nothing in it to my knowledge that would prevent interchanging it.

wohdin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not a hard crash, rather just an unhandled exception with the option to close.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Bravely_Default_Save_Editor.Form1.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Bravely Default Save Editor
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/root/Downloads/Bravely.Default.Save.Editor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34251 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: