Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Fey295

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
hello there, i'm having an issue with this program. i'm on n3ds, 11.8, and 2.12 of bootntr. when i try to load it, the screen reads, "loading 3.6... success! returning to home menu..." ... aaand then it freezes. anyone know what's going on?? thanks!!
I have the same issue, anyone knows the solution?

gunfort

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I get this error after updating to the latest. When opening the app, it was okey till loading countdown. When the countdownd went 0 it goes like this.

Edit:it only happen when I tried to load 3.6
Just tried loading 3.3 and it works fine

Attachments

• IMG_20181104_215854.jpg
    IMG_20181104_215854.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 310
Last edited by gunfort,

Famicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the latest version of BootNTR which is 2.12 on my 3DS but when I tried to load it, even though it would say it succeeeded, my 3DS keeps freezing. Anyone know why? I'm using a new 3DS and my system version is the latest one for the USA, 11.8.0.41U. I think it's my system version. I think even 2.12 doesn't support 11.8.0.41. I tried both FONZD and FabloMK7, they both freeze then though they would work. Can anyone help?

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my 3DS after a long time and got the new luma now everytime i start the boot selector i get an error... Can sb help me to fix this?
What system menu version are you on? I'm using 2.12 with 11.9 and Luma 9.1 as well as the unofficial Luma version contained in CTGP-7 and it works fine (also worked under 11.8).

EDIT: You're using an outdated build of BootNTR. The latest version is 2.12.

Last edited by FateForWindows,

GooeyPaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm on 11.9 cfw and I install boot ntr selector and my pluggins aren't working .....can I get some help
I'm having the same problem on my old 3DS but im pretty sure the reason is that the latest version of NTRboot supports only 11.8 so wait for a update for 11.9 support.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem on my old 3DS but im pretty sure the reason is that the latest version of NTRboot supports only 11.8 so wait for a update for 11.9 support.
if its a Firm issue and soly why your plugins aren't working (being you don't even see the green color flash during game load) i believe Luma still supports External Firm Loading, you could always set it to load 11.8 as a stop-gap measure, but you will need to find on the net/on that iso site the 11.8 Firm for your respective 3DS version (O3DS/N3DS) and drop it in the correct folder within /luma. If it doesn't anymore, then yea your stuck waiting.

edit: looks like it still does, once you'd find your respective N3DS/O3DS 11.8 native.firm drop it in /luma/sysmodules , hold select after then turning on the 3DS enable " Enable loading external FIRMs and modules:" then it in theory should be working but dont forget to undo it Once a fix is out. loading a previous Firm is only a stopgap measure.

Last edited by Dracari,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
its a Firm issue and soly why your plugins aren't working

11.9 didn't change anything that could even break NTR so there's no need on doing that.

Hi I'm on 11.9 cfw and I install boot ntr selector and my pluggins aren't working .....can I get some help

Make sure the plugins are in the proper place. Make sure the X+Y menu is working. Make sure you have tried several times rebooting the console.

GooeyPaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its a Firm issue and soly why your plugins aren't working (being you don't even see the green color flash during game load) i believe Luma still supports External Firm Loading, you could always set it to load 11.8 as a stop-gap measure, but you will need to find on the net/on that iso site the 11.8 Firm for your respective 3DS version (O3DS/N3DS) and drop it in the correct folder within /luma. If it doesn't anymore, then yea your stuck waiting.

edit: looks like it still does, once you'd find your respective N3DS/O3DS 11.8 native.firm drop it in /luma/sysmodules , hold select after then turning on the 3DS enable " Enable loading external FIRMs and modules:" then it in theory should be working but dont forget to undo it Once a fix is out. loading a previous Firm is only a stopgap measure.
Thanks for replying! I just accepted the fact to wait for a new update if it comes.

GooeyPaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.9 didn't change anything that could even break NTR so there's no need on doing that.

Make sure the plugins are in the proper place. Make sure the X+Y menu is working. Make sure you have tried several times rebooting the console.

I basically tried tons of ways actually hahahaha

1. I tried re-installing the .cia a couple of times, re-downloaded the .cia from other places and installed it.
2. Deleted all past NTR files (including the plugin folder) I had on my SD and made the app install them again a couple of times while adding a new plugin folder on the root of my SD each time.
3. Checked My game ID's to match the cheats region ID's on the plugin folder.
4. Downloaded different cheat .plg files from other places to see if it'll work.
5. Double checked all the folders I had in my plugin folder matched the Games region ID.

And that's about it, When i click in the app on my 3DS menu it loads up fine and the X+Y menu shows up, but once I click on the game It doesn't flash the green screen and pressing select doesn't work either. Worked backed then but now it doesn't.

Last edited by GooeyPaste,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgot to mention I also re-dumped my games and installed them again with no luck. :(((((
only things you havent ruled out , have you updated these games? (if so then the update data maybe breaking the plugins) , has every single plugin stopped working? is only some failing to work? are you using the latest BootNTR (2.12) and that it's loading NTR 3.6? are you noticing other strange issues other than NTR Not working (Game crashes/corrupt saves for CIA Games/homebrew missing on SD when they should be there, etc) and or, have you tried Coping everything Off the SD Card, using Panasonic SD Formatter to format it then copying things back then trying?

(and thanks @PabloMK7 for confirming its not specifically an 11.9 Firm issue)

GooeyPaste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before when I was on version 11.7 or 11.8 (don't remember) NTR was working fine on my updated games though (Animal Crossing, Story of Seasons Trio of Towns, Rune Factory 4). It also worked for my virtual console Pokemon Crystal and Silver. But yeah, they're updated. I tested it out on my Story of Seasons game just as you said with no update as a example and it still didn't work.

And yeah, I'm using BootNTR v2.12 from the github page, and tried both Mode 3 .cias there. Did the format that you told me too (Full not quick) on my SD and still nothing. Nothing weird whatsoever in my SD or 3ds also.

None of my plugins are working so I don't know whats going on hahahaha. I appreciate the help but I guess i'm screwed lol

EDIT: FIXED IT!!! Had to transfer all my files to my computer then did a full format and lastly had to change it to FAT32 again. Put all my files again and it worked out! Thanks to the two people above who helped me! Feel like a huge idiot though lol

Last edited by GooeyPaste,
Reactions: PabloMK7

TheLG1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I was hoping to find answers here.

I was trying to use PKMN-NTR for a Wonder Trade Bot AFTER updating to 11.9, like the idiot I am. I was hoping if someone could tell me where I could find a release of BootNTR Selector that has a working Debugger option. Mine isn't working and it's necessary for the bot, because I need InputRedirection. :cry:

Please help!

TZB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
As some people a while ago, I have a problem with bootNTR, telling me "Load failed #firmware unknown".
I have a message "detected firm 2.55.0", bootNTR version 2.9, luma3ds version 9.1 and a N3DS console with firmware 11.9.0-42E in sysnand.
It worked very well until I did some sh*t with my console, trying to downgrade it to be able to use my NDS linker again (which didn't work neither, I gave up and I'll try to use another linker).
Any solution ? Thank you very much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1