Hacking [Release]BootNTR Selector

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed 3.3 and 3.4 should work even if you delete the 3.2.

Maybe it try to load the 3.2 before you can change the version.
Pressing any key before the countdown get to zero will stop it so you'll have plenty of time to select the 3.3 afterwards.
Try that, when it'll be loaded once, the app will then auto load the last version.

AdamProblems

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! First time here :) Let me tell you everything I can.
For 2 weeks I've been Running the armloader, luma, and the NTR 3.4 on my 3dsxl. I've been playing Pokemon ORAS and everything worked except for the PSS systems / trading / etc. I got a message from the guy that sold me my 3ds saying the new 3ds software didn't work with my NTR, and if I updated it, I would not be able to stream. He linked me to this forum saying to watch here for a new version.

I saw that you uploaded a new version the next day but I hesitated until now but I followed this link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR

Downloaded the file and unzipped it onto the root of my SD as is, and tried to boot it.
To my (not so much) surprise, I'm getting the Unknown_Firm error now when I try to boot my 3.4.

It ran smoothly directly before I updated, and yes I backed up all of my files pre-experiment. Which leaves 2 questions.
Is there a way to properly use the new 3ds software and it be compatible with NTR?
What else do I have to do to get it to work again?

Or should I just delete everything on my SD and live forever without being able to wonder trade?
Thank you all! I appreciate your hard work, I just haven't been properly informed on how to update things :(

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's not the same version.

@astronautlevel version also support the last firmware but it's not the one this thread is presenting.
If you got the unknown firm error, it means that you don't really have the last version.

You can either download the last version from @astronautlevel github and install it or install the .cia released in the first post of this thread.

My selector also supports the last firmware but it also have an auto-updater. So run it with internet enabled and it'll auto-update to the last version (2.3).

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

AdamProblems

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not the same version.

@astronautlevel version also support the last firmware but it's not the one this thread is presenting.
If you got the unknown firm error, it means that you don't really have the last version.

You can either download the last version from @astronautlevel github and install it or install the .cia released in the first post of this thread.

My selector also supports the last firmware but it also have an auto-updater. So run it with internet enabled and it'll auto-update to the last version (2.3).

and when I download it and drag it to the Root of my SD Card, do I need to delete existing files? Any tip-toeing into this would be appreciated. thanks man

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh I see !

The .cia files must be installed on the 3DS.
For that the best manager is FBI by @Steveice10.

If you already had a BootNTR installed, that means that your seller already installed it on the 3DS. Try to find it and launch it, then find the cia on your sd and install it (A).

AdamProblems

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! First time here :) Let me tell you everything I can.
For 2 weeks I've been Running the armloader, luma, and the NTR 3.4 on my 3dsxl. I've been playing Pokemon ORAS and everything worked except for the PSS systems / trading / etc. I got a message from the guy that sold me my 3ds saying the new 3ds software didn't work with my NTR, and if I updated it, I would not be able to stream. He linked me to this forum saying to watch here for a new version.

I saw that you uploaded a new version the next day but I hesitated until now but I followed this link: https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR

Downloaded the file and unzipped it onto the root of my SD as is, and tried to boot it.
To my (not so much) surprise, I'm getting the Unknown_Firm error now when I try to boot my 3.4.

It ran smoothly directly before I updated, and yes I backed up all of my files pre-experiment. Which leaves 2 questions.
Is there a way to properly use the new 3ds software and it be compatible with NTR?
What else do I have to do to get it to work again?

Or should I just delete everything on my SD and live forever without being able to wonder trade?
Thank you all! I appreciate your hard work, I just haven't been properly informed on how to update things :(

---------------------

Still looking for a solution -- Thank you!

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just putting the files on the SD does nothing.
You need to install the .cia files.

For doing so, you need to use FBI. Try to find the app FBI or DevMenu on your 3DS's homemenu.
Those app are mean't to install the cias files.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

SJ64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed all of the required cia files, added them to my home menu, and still nothing works. It always gives the error "#UNKNOWN_FIRM" and I can't do anything about it. And if there is supposed to be an auto-updater, it does not work unfortunately. Every time I launch it, it does not update, even with internet enabled. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just accidentally installed the wrong CIA file. Whoops.

Last edited by SJ64,

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
When I launch a game with BootNTR 3.2 with cheats enabled on I get the an error has occurred screen hold the power button to turn off power. What must I do to fix this?

Last edited by Philip3ds,

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
When I launch a game with BootNTR 3.2 with cheats enabled on I get the an error has occurred screen hold the power button to turn off power. What must I do to fix this?

Have you tried to use BootNTR 3.3?
What console do you have, Old or New 3DS ?

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried to use BootNTR 3.3?
What console do you have, Old or New 3DS ?
I tried BootNTR 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 and for all I get that error on certain games. However on some games when I enable cheats they work flawlessly. My console is an Old 3ds.

Last edited by Philip3ds,

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I tried BootNTR 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 and for all I get that error on certain games. However on some games when I enable cheats they work flawlessly. My console is an Old 3ds.

I also got that error when enabling a certain cheat on Dragon Quest VII. But the other DQVII cheats work just fine.

It seems like NTR isn't that stable for Old 3DS.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm getting an error when trying to run 2.3 (FONZD banner version)
Code:
Load failed !
#FILEOPEN_FAILURE
#LOAD_AND_EXECUTE

Press any key to reboot

Any ideas?

Edit: Tried the version with PabloMK7's banner, same result (both installed via QR from the release URLs if that matters).

Was previously running 2.1, which failed attempts to autoupdate, so I went the QR route.

Using Luma 6.5 on a new3DS running 11.2.0-35

Last edited by Zidapi,

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
I also got that error when enabling a certain cheat on Dragon Quest VII. But the other DQVII cheats work just fine.

It seems like NTR isn't that stable for Old 3DS.
I remember reading somewhere that the reason it crashes is because some plugin is missing when the game boots.

photon_sky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's my understanding the only thing I need to do is intall the provided cia.

I don't need to have any bins or anything on the sd?

Just install the cia?

Cause I tried installing the BootNTR.cia and it successfully installed, but it keeps erroring out when I try to launch.
I'm on an N3ds with 11.1 firmware. I don't believe I'm on the latest Luma or A9LH because I'm not intrested in the SD'less booting. (IMO If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Does it matter that I'm on 11.1 and not 11.2?

Specifically the error is:

"BootNTR 2.3
tmpBuffer: 1418a000
IsNew3ds: 1
FirmwareVersion: 00000000
param is missing: ntrConfig->PMSvcRunAddr
trsting svc_backdoor
testSvc_backdoor OK
unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched
InterprocessDmaFinishState: fff04404
param is missing: ntrConfig->HomeMenuInjectAddr
unkown Home Menu
size == 0
bnBootNtr failed
Press Home button to return to the menu."

EDIT:

So this worked for me.

I installed Nanquitas' fork of NTR off of titleDB and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by photon_sky,

whimsicott0107

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm new to homebrew and plugin. Do I need install Bootntr.cia in your github link or I only need install BootNTRSelector-FONZD-Banner.cia in your attached files?
Edit: Got it working (:

Last edited by whimsicott0107,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1