Press Home button to return to menu."

What should I do?

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@shadyklutz : If you have the 2.0 launch the app with internet enabled on your console so it can auto-update.
Else install the 2.3 from my github.

@Stark264: you don't need to worry about the ntr.bin. They're in the romfs and will be setup on the first launch.
If something wrong occurred, Press Select when launching the app and stay pressed until the background are rendered.
You'll be on a menu to select the path (or use a default one), this menu will reconfigure the binaries correctly.

H0neyBadger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Am I the only one to experience an issue with some games?
When I m running Pokemon Sun Moon demo, NTR simply stop working (hotkeys and debugger are not longer available).
I tried all versions (one by one) without success.
I have got the same problem with my official smash bros cartridge

Thank a lot to everyone involved in these tool.

o3DS EUR luma 11.2

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, but it's a normal issue on an old3DS.

The game which work on Extended Memory mode are triggering a soft reboot to allow more memory for the game.
When it soft reboot NTR is unloaded.

But it works perfectly fine on a New3DS as the system doesn't need to reboot.

Reactions: H0neyBadger

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No, but it's a normal issue on an old3DS.

The game which work on Extended Memory mode are triggering a soft reboot to allow more memory for the game.
When it soft reboot NTR is unloaded.

But it works perfectly fine on a New3DS as the system doesn't need to reboot.
well then make this boot in extened memory mode for old 3ds users when switching between extened memory games you don't have to reboot and cell 9 gave a hint on how to fix mode 3also boot ntrs the thing that injects it into the memory and its open source so it means its fixeable

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

aak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i have a new 3ds xl on latest rxtools. trying to use phoenix wright spirit of justic europe dlc with europe game on my USA 3ds. i need help with some stuff regarding that.

1. how to delete NTR from my 3ds and home screen so i can do a fresh install of NTR???

2. during dlc viewing in phoenix wright when i click "view dlc" it says preparing sd card and goes back to the extras menu and the cases dont show up that why trying to do the NTR method.
Note: i have also installed dlc using fbi, devmenu, big blue menu, ciangel

Nanquitas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't help you for your dlc problems, maybe someone else can.

As for your questions regarding NTR:
  • You can delete NTR using FBI, but you're not forced too as this version can cohabitate with others versions
  • For installing this version, just install the .cia and launch it with an internet connection enabled on your console to let it auto-update.
This Selector will auto-configure so you're not bothered about other files than installing the cia.

Reactions: RustInPeace

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi. i have a new 3ds xl on latest rxtools. trying to use phoenix wright spirit of justic europe dlc with europe game on my USA 3ds. i need help with some stuff regarding that.

1. how to delete NTR from my 3ds and home screen so i can do a fresh install of NTR???

2. during dlc viewing in phoenix wright when i click "view dlc" it says preparing sd card and goes back to the extras menu and the cases dont show up that why trying to do the NTR method.
Note: i have also installed dlc using fbi, devmenu, big blue menu, ciangel
The dlc issue has to do with rxtools, consider switching to luma 3ds (no, you will not lose anything, no you don't need a9lh, http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/ for a guide on switching).

Reactions: Billy Acuña

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running the 2.3 version on my n3DS. I chose to do custom paths. I have the following set up:
Binaries in sd:/NTR
Plugins in sd:/NTR/plugin
It created the 3.3 & 3.4 bin files in my custom path and also the ntr.bin in my sd root. I tried deleting the ntr.bin in my sd root, but every time I tried running the selector, it says that it failed to load 3.2 and that I had to restart. But if I left the ntr.bin in the root folder, everything seems to be running fine. Is this normal? Can we delete the ntr.bin in the root?

IngeniousDefault

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm running the 2.3 version on my n3DS. I chose to do custom paths. I have the following set up:
Binaries in sd:/NTR
Plugins in sd:/NTR/plugin
It created the 3.3 & 3.4 bin files in my custom path and also the ntr.bin in my sd root. I tried deleting the ntr.bin in my sd root, but every time I tried running the selector, it says that it failed to load 3.2 and that I had to restart. But if I left the ntr.bin in the root folder, everything seems to be running fine. Is this normal? Can we delete the ntr.bin in the root?

Version 3.2 of NTR CFW can only boot when it's saved on the root of the SD Card.

Reactions: RustInPeace

chinesekidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 3.2 of NTR CFW can only boot when it's saved on the root of the SD Card.
I'm aware of that, but I'm not trying to run 3.2. What I'm trying to say is that I can't run 3.3 or 3.4 because it keeps showing me the error message that I don't have 3.2. And in the FAQ, OP said that it's fine to delete the ntr.bin if you're not trying to run 3.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: