[Release]BootNTR Selector

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Nanquitas, Jul 1, 2016.

1. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    heh. been trying to move to the new luma plugins system yet my 3ds craps out when i use the search for code feature which i am not happy about. Trying to get this one working again yet wont green screen to load.

**Well the main thing I am not fond of. Is that after a code search, it always crashes after the first search. Kinda dissapointing since I like to use the code search feature

Last edited by lone_wolf323, Nov 9, 2019
  2. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    Assuming you mean on the .3gx version: this usually happens because the value length setting is 'lost' after a crash (becomes an empty field). Setting it again can prevent the crash-on-search.

3. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Yes, which thing is that in the settings that I need to look at?

4. iSharingan

iSharingan Show me your power

Jun 23, 2016
    United States
    when coming back after a crash, your search history is saved but you can set search settings as if you haven't started searching yet. Just set the value type (1 byte/2 bytes/4 bytes/float) again so it's not a blank entry. Leaving it blank causes a crash and using a different search type usually wipes all your search results since the new format doesn't match the old one.

Last edited by iSharingan, Nov 9, 2019
  5. Real.96

Real.96 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    I'm getting the same error, i'm using the .3dsx version

6. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

pip Developer
    Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Probably a bug with custom svcs not working with .3dsx

Real.96 likes this.
  7. Real.96

Real.96 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
    dang t.t i'll use the cia until a new update so, thanks!

8. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

pip Developer
    Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    snip

Last edited by PabloMK7, Nov 9, 2019
  9. THCsGameChannel

THCsGameChannel Member

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Is it worth to update just for the slightly better streaming? Is it even noticable? Any comparison videos or something?

10. darkshadow1997

darkshadow1997 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 9, 2010
    United States
    Using Luma 10.01 N3DSXL with the latest 3DS software. BootNTR Selector works pretty much well most of the time. Sometimes it does say it had loaded the NTR (tested with 3.2,3.3 and 3.6) but it did not really work. Plugins are working great. This is not a major issue to me as even in the older versions, I did get an occasional error that crashes the 3DS.

11. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

pip Developer
    Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    I didn't notice any noticeable improvement, only the stream being a bit more stable. It also ensures compatibility with any kind of framebuffer location in memory.

12. iLinked

iLinked Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2017
    Spain
    Mataró
    I hope you guys can help me, but every time I launch BootNTR Selector it freezes on the homebrew screen and does nothing. I tried to wait until something happens but not even the GUI shows up. I had this problem before on 2.10, 2.11 and 2.12. I'm on 11.12.0-44E, Luma 10.0.1 (tried on 11.10 and Luma 9.1 but didn't work) on an Old 3ds with both BootNTR Selectors on 2.13.1 (downloaded too the 3dsx version but didn't work, shows black screen). Thanks

13. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

pip Developer
    Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
  14. Real.96

Real.96 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 14, 2015
    Italy
  15. mrjoshuaco

mrjoshuaco GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Sounds good, looks like you've got your solution covered - so go post in that thread, champ.

cvskid and Ammako like this.
  16. Ammako

Ammako I like cake.

Dec 22, 2009
    Antarctica
    Nah, I think we'll just have to concede and accept that Citra makes NTR obsolete, all the meanwhile Dolphin doesn't make Gamecube optical drive emulator and portable Gamecube projects obsolete.

17. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Is the built-in updater supposed to work with 3DSX files? I'm attempting to use it to update from 2.12 to 2.13.2, but it doesn't seem to find any updates.

18. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

pip Developer
    Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    The updater has been disabled as it wasn't working anymore.

cvskid and OrGoN3 like this.
  19. raphamotta

raphamotta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2013
    So, RTS on version 2.13.2 is significantly slow than version 2.13.1 on new 3ds. I don't know why but I will continue to use previous version.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted