Homebrew [Release] Battery mark v2

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Battery mark for 3DS v2.0 (old : 3DS battery checker)

Discord channel : https://discord.gg/66qCrQNqrw

v2.1.0
Battery level/temp/voltage graph has been added to battery mark and battery mark ranking(*0)
Test result (graph) will be saved to sdmc:/Battery_mark/result/{date}.jpg
Many adjustment have been made
*0 The graph in battery mark ranking is only avaiable on results that are app ver >= 2.1.0
Download : https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Battery_mark_for_3DS/releases/tag/v2.1.0

v2.0.0
Added battery mark ranking
Test result will be saved to notification list and sdmc:/Battery_mark/result/ (csv format)
Changed battery mark test(test result is not compatible with older version)
Download : https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Battery_mark_for_3DS/releases/tag/v2.0

Ranking
Battery_mark_ranking.png

Battery mark
battery_mark.png

If you have any question or find problems, let me know.

Last edited by Core_2_Extreme,

Blizzard71

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I recently got a used 3ds XL, went to test the battery and the result was this. It's my first 3DS, does anyone with experience think these metrics are good? Or do you need to change the battery?

96% -> 6%
Battery time max: 04:32.1
Battery time avg: 02:32.7
Battery time min: 00:44.1
Total elapsed time: 3:49:07.1

Reactions: Core_2_Extreme

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently got a used 3ds XL, went to test the battery and the result was this. It's my first 3DS, does anyone with experience think these metrics are good? Or do you need to change the battery?

96% -> 6%
Battery time max: 04:32.1
Battery time avg: 02:32.7
Battery time min: 00:44.1
Total elapsed time: 3:49:07.1
What were you running to get those? They seem like good numbers forcthe console

Blizzard71

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What were you running to get those? They seem like good numbers forcthe console

I only performed the test requested in the software, the wi-fi was connected and the screen brightness was 3. I will do other practical tests, with some heavy games from the 3DS and others from the DS.

Last edited by Blizzard71,

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
v2.1.0 release

Battery level/temp/voltage graph has been added to battery mark and battery mark ranking(*0)
*0 The graph in battery mark ranking is only avaiable on results that are app ver >= 2.1.0

Download : https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Battery_mark_for_3DS/releases/tag/v2.1.0

Last edited by Core_2_Extreme,
Reactions: lone_wolf323

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Battery mark for 3DS v2.0 (old : 3DS battery checker)

Discord channel : https://discord.gg/66qCrQNqrw

v2.1.0

v2.0.0
Added battery mark ranking
Test result will be saved to notification list and sdmc:/Battery_mark/result/ (csv format)
Changed battery mark test(test result is not compatible with older version)
Download : https://github.com/Core-2-Extreme/Battery_mark_for_3DS/releases/tag/v2.0

Ranking
View attachment 300834

Battery mark
View attachment 300833

If you have any question or find problems, let me know.
I'm only about 10% through completing the test at the current moment (95-5%), and I don't know whether it would be a good idea to replace the battery, and if so, where to buy it from (UK), considering Nintendo nor iFixit seems to sell replacements. My average time so far has been 1:39.4. My estimated remaining time is 2:12:29.

My battery capacity is 1750mAh, and I'm using a O3DSXL.
Post automatically merged:

I'm only about 10% through completing the test at the current moment (95-5%), and I don't know whether it would be a good idea to replace the battery, and if so, where to buy it from (UK), considering Nintendo nor iFixit seems to sell replacements. My average time so far has been 1:39.4. My estimated remaining time is 2:12:29.

Ended up with 2:41, is that good or bad

Last edited by ExperiencersInternational,

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Post automatically merged:

Ended up with 2:41, is that good or bad
If it's a used battery, that's just average.
If it's a new battery, that's bad.

(My OLD 3ds battery which is "used more than 2 years" condition lasts 02:45.)

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's a used battery, that's just average.
If it's a new battery, that's bad.

(My OLD 3ds battery which is "used more than 2 years" condition lasts 02:45.)
Used battery, I got my 3DS back in April. I don't know much about the usage since it was factory reset by the owner, but apparently a kid had it, and I think they primarily played Mario Maker, since I had the game bundled in with it.

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Used battery, I got my 3DS back in April. I don't know much about the usage since it was factory reset by the owner, but apparently a kid had it, and I think they primarily played Mario Maker, since I had the game bundled in with it.
Then that's not bad.
You don't have to replace your battery now, but if you want to extend your battery life then you can.

JohnnyC

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I started reading this thinking it was really old and was afraid of necro... but last month is fine, right? 😅
Just dusted off my N3DSXL and was looking forward to playing a bit. Then I got worried about battery and found this. Just finished the test with a 3h36 battery time max... but it seemed to hang when trying to submit the results somewhere.
1672698161332.png

I don't know the year of this, since I bought it second hand. But I think it's been well over 2 years since I last played it. From other replies around, it seems the battery health is still good, right?

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I started reading this thinking it was really old and was afraid of necro... but last month is fine, right? 😅
Just dusted off my N3DSXL and was looking forward to playing a bit. Then I got worried about battery and found this. Just finished the test with a 3h36 battery time max... but it seemed to hang when trying to submit the results somewhere.
View attachment 345615

I don't know the year of this, since I bought it second hand. But I think it's been well over 2 years since I last played it. From other replies around, it seems the battery health is still good, right?
It seemed to hang when I tried to upload too, you're not alone. That's about 1 hour better than my O3DS battery, and that's probably going to be average for the N3DS since it's likely more efficient

Core_2_Extreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seemed to hang when I tried to upload too, you're not alone.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Hi, I try to run the test for 2 times, but I come back to my 3ds is was off.
When I turn it on it was as 20% battery life and I saw no test log.
If your battery is too bad it may possible to shutdown before it reaches around 5% battery.
If you go to sdmc:/Battery_mark/result/ you should see YYYY_MM_DD_HH_MM_SS.csv.
Open it, does log stop around 20%?

Voster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Cameron Sino battery for my NEW 3DS XL.

I charged it to 100%, as it came depleted and did the check. Should I have done that as the first thing? It only lasted 2 hours and 9 minutes.

I heard it needs some extra full charges to actually properly, so I charged it, played, charged it again and ran another test which gave 2h14.

That's extremely poor for a brand new battery from a reputable brand, isn't it?

• Sad
Reactions: Pin1988

Syayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry about this, been using this for awhile but what's the eco mode? should I be concern with it? will turning eco mode on save battery life?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)