Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doesn't the game itself require it to be programmed for multiple languages?
It is however on Wii U, Nintendo took region locking seriously. They deleted other languages on some of their games, causing games to crash when it tries to load non Japanese. Usual workaround was to overwrite the Japanese files on a JApanese release with non-Japanese files. If you try to load games like BOTW using English release, it also crashes on Japanese wii u.

It's just a mess in general.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is however on Wii U, Nintendo took region locking seriously. They deleted other languages on some of their games, causing games to crash when it tries to load non Japanese. Usual workaround was to overwrite the Japanese files on a JApanese release with non-Japanese files. If you try to load games like BOTW using English release, it crashes on Japanese wii u.
Well my point was even if you the game to boot on a console region it wasn't intended for, it won't have any other languages. The game has to have it in the data supported. Much like how some games can change between english & japanese voice or text. Very few games have this feature, and for a console with region locking.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well my point was even if you the game to boot on a console region it wasn't intended for, it won't have any other languages. The game has to have it in the data supported. Much like how some games can change between english & japanese voice or text. Very few games have this feature, and for a console with region locking.
Yeah, my point with Aroma is that I hope it will work on western games instead of just fucking crashing. All other consoles with region locking never had this widespread issue.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Doesn't the game itself require it to be programmed for multiple languages?
It's really odd. The game can have multiple languages on the disc, but depending on the region of the console, it'll default to that language. So if I install the US version of a batman game on the Japanese console, it ignores the English language entirely, and sticks to Japanese. No choice anywhere, just stuck there. So it would be nice to have the ability to change that since the language data is right there.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your work Maschell! After some initial trouble - it seemed holding X to open the payloader wouldn't register when opening Health & Safety, and instead giving an error about Environment Loader running twice that forced doing a hard shutdown and rebooting... but now things are running successfully. However, (and this may be unrelated but) the Wii U is now automatically trying to sign into Nintendo Network and saying the console is out of date. For the hell of it, tried to click update and it then said the console is already up to date, but it's still doing it, on boot and when opening any game, app or rpx. Certainly can get around it by clicking OK, then cancel, then start to actually run things, but it's not ideal. Is there a new way to disable this, or to do a manual update of the firmware? It's definitely not up to date, and I have used ufdiine to remove the update folder already.

Last edited by BrothersFiveGaming,
Reactions: Pin1988

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same. I get a big red "updates may not be blocked" screen and then just a black screen.
If you see my comment above, if you use ufdiine to remove your update folder that red screen will go away. However, I have a new (not terrible but annoying) issue involving updates I just detailed. I don't know if that will fix your black screen error though. Were you and the other poster already running Tiramisu, and were you able to switch to Aroma in the PayloadLoader screen?

JeffRuLz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you see my comment above, if you use ufdiine to remove your update folder that red screen will go away. However, I have a new (not terrible but annoying) issue involving updates I just detailed. I don't know if that will fix your black screen error though. Were you and the other poster already running Tiramisu, and were you able to switch to Aroma in the PayloadLoader screen?
I was using Tiramisu. Selecting Aroma from the payloadloader screen and starting the console with it set to autoboot did the same thing.

BrothersFiveGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've setted coldboot for Tiramisu. Do i need to disable coldboot to change to Aroma? And to get the new 5.5.6 update, do coldboot of Aroma need to be disabled too?
Unsure of the update issue, but for the autoboot, if you go to the PayloadLoader you can change your default autoboot from Tiramisu to Aroma, that's all you have to do for that. You should keep Tiramisu there if you need to boot with that again for the time being you can always just switch it back - .elf files are not supported by Aroma so we may need to switch between them for a bit until more apps are available in .rpx form.

Reactions: DarthMotzkus

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh shit it's finally here. Now last I had heard (this was awhile ago) that the upgrade to Aroma would remove the ability to use the Homebrew channel entirely and all homebrew would instead automatically populate the home menu. Is this still automatically true of Aroma, or is this an option that we can choose to activate or not? I'm personally in favor of keeping all my homebrew in their own separate channel if still possible.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: