Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
am2r_logo.png

The day has come! After years of demos and work in progress, the game is now completed and fully playable! Enjoy this new implementation of Metroid 2: The Return of Samus, and play it like you never did before!

Project AM2R aims to recreate Metroid 2 with updated graphics and gameplay. Taking elements from newer Metroid titles: the fast paced gameplay of Metroid: Zero Mission, the atmosphere and solitude of Super Metroid, and adding new game mechanics, AM2R is one of the most ambitious Metroid fan games.

FEATURES
  • Metroid Zero Mission style gameplay
  • Map system
  • Updated enemy AI
  • Minibosses
  • New areas
  • Challenging Metroid fights
  • Stackable beam system
  • Completely redrawn enemy and Metroid sprites
  • Log system with non-intrusive narrative
  • High quality soundtrack
Quoted by the author: "It was a long journey. I grew up both as a person and as a developer along this project. Today I can start sharing with you the rest of the game."

You can find torrent and MEGA downloads around the internet.
The linux build will be available soon. Stay tuned.

Last edited by BORTZ,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this looks impressive. Going to download it right now. I can't get enough of Metroid!

EDIT: I played it for a bit and it's really impressive. I didn't run into a single bug.

Last edited by cots,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by the_randomizer,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must be hard for to Nintendo to accept that more people download and play a fan remake than most of their first party games.

They're just upset because people downloaded this more than the spin-off Metroid Prime Federation Force demo ;O; That's the real reason for the DMCA takedown :lol:

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Heh screw Nintendo. The game is Completed, and Available anywhere. At least it's not Crimson Echoes once more. The game is finished, so just make sure to play it and tag nintendo everywhere with a middle finger, while Metroid fans appreiate the hard word done by DoctorM64.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SEGA did this with Streets Of Rage Remake as soon as it was released fans spent 7 plus years working on a game for the fans and completely free they made no profit on it and SEGA just forced the people who made it take down the links for the downloads thankfully due to how many people downloaded it there is a download for it on a website not sure it's legal to say the website but it's a Streets of Rage fansite

Last edited by AyanamiRei0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: