1. mrpi

mrpi Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Is there still a possibility of kernel panic, which can brick ps4 or losing all data such as games on HDD?

Is DB backup helping to restore PS4 if kernel panic breaks something?

Are homebrews working on 6.72 as they were working on 5.05?

Last edited by mrpi, Nov 2, 2020
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    someone reported that a kp damaged his hdd, so I guess it's possible.

a db won't help if the hdd is damaged, because you'll have to reinstall everything anyway.

I'm not sure on that one. I'm still on 5.05, which is still the golden firmware.

3. mrpi

mrpi Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    I updated to 6.72. Had kernel panic today when executing the exploit + HENf or second time, when the first failed. It told me to restart ps4. SHould have listened to this.

But nothing happened to my ps4 just the usual check at the beginning of booting, when ps4 goes off when running.

4. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    Yes, but there is still a chance it might kernel panic.
    Try the new v10 menu (link in the OP) and try and load the exploit manually first. If you still get a lot of kernel panics try the v9b menu, that seems to be the most stable so far.

bayad, KiiWii and Storm21 like this.
  5. schatzi24

schatzi24 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I tested the V10 Menu,but GTA V Lamance don't work.
    I start the exploit and then the Lamance and exit with PS Button.
    Then i start GTA V,said GTA V 1.32 version,than set environment and than KP.
    I have tried a couple,but always KP.

6. arfgh

arfgh GBAtemp Regular

Armenia
    v10 ? which are the changes for better on that menu ?

7. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    I just tested the Lamace menu on both the EU and US versions and they both work.
    I think the problem is with the save file.
    I remember when I first tested the payloads it would KP after it got to 90% loading the game. I deleted the save and started a new game and it worked from then on.

If you have an activaded profile, backup the save to a USB drive and then delete the save from your PS4 and test the menu again.
    I dont know if the problem is because the save is from after using the ArabicGuy menu or if Lamance will KP again if you use the ArabicGuy menu again or not. I havent tried it.
    Either way, I cant do anything about that because I did not write the payload.:)

See the OP.
    Basically I have ported some of the existing 6.72 payloads myself because some of the ones from AlAzif did not work correctly.
    I also made a Firmware Spoofer so you can spoof to any firmware version you want.
    In this version I also re-wrote how the menu loads payloads. It now loads them from the original bin files instead of having to convert them into javscript blob format.
    This does not make any real difference to the end user, I just wanted to try something new.:)

f0li0, susi91, bayad and 2 others like this.
  8. mameluko

mameluko Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hi Leeful,

thanks for your great work, I've been reading tons of messages and I still wonder if the "HDD Upgrade/Restore Backup" payload will be ported to 6.72, in my humble opinion I think it is as necessary as it was for 5.50 for those guys who want to upgrade their HDD while running 6.72.

Do you have it planned?

Leeful likes this.
  9. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    Yes it is planned. I almost added it to v10 but it is not 100% tested yet. I'll need to initialize my PS4 a few times to check that everything transfers and works ok.

f0li0, laz305, schatzi24 and 2 others like this.
  10. arfgh

arfgh GBAtemp Regular

Armenia
    ok leeful, but will you implement all these changes on the PS-Phwroar! for 6.72 ?

Also, and the moment, using it ^^ i had only one kernel panic using it on ps4 pro 7200, and i have seen that if i use it quickly when starting the console, some messages about 'out of memory' may happen.....

Last edited by arfgh, Nov 4, 2020
  11. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    @Leeful

Should I book them all on my PS4 ?

12. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    Only if you want to switch between different menus and try them all. there is also leeful.github.io/v10 now which is the latest.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  13. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    You are crazy but I love it. Good job. Thank you!

Leeful likes this.
  14. arfgh

arfgh GBAtemp Regular

Armenia
    leeful, that way to use .bin payloads instead of the .js converted files in that new menu v10 of yours, produce some kind on change in the whole procedure ? i mean, success rate, changes, speed up, less KP... something ?
    if the answer is yes.... i hope you plan to translate these changes to PS-Phwroar! for 6.72...

Last edited by arfgh, Nov 5, 2020
    Leeful likes this.
  15. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    It makes no difference to the success rate or stability of the exploit.
    I was just experimenting with how payloads are loaded. The only advantage is at my end.
    If a new payload is released it is easier to just put the bin file in the menu rather than converting it to js first.(but even that is not much of an inconvenience)
    Another advantage is that it lowers the overall size of the project, but that is not a problem anymore either since I will not be messing with an ESP version anymore.

laz305 likes this.
  16. szape

szape Newbie
    Newcomer

Hungary
    Version 9b works flawlessly for me. I noticed only one bug, wich is a very minor one: when unlocking a trophy, the date is accurate but the time is not. It's about 40 minutes later than the actual time (checked PS4's clock and it's showing the good one).

azoreseuropa likes this.
  17. arfgh

arfgh GBAtemp Regular

Armenia

and that final size in the cache, matters ?

18. mameluko

mameluko Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    oh what a pity, it is a really handy option to take your ESP with you and your ps4 when you go away and there is no net access..., well, we can always try it through a mobile AP or an apk, anyway, it's your decision. :sad:

Leeful likes this.
  19. Leeful

OP Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    Once the menu is on your PS4 it is saved in your PS4's cache. It will always be there until you clear webdata and cookies. So you can take your PS4 anywhere.

If you used an ESP you only ever have to plug it in once. You dont have to have it plugged in all the time. Once the exploit menu is on your PS4 it is installed to the offline cache.

It is the same whatever you use, an online link, self host from a PC, an ESP or a mobile apk server. You only ever have to do it once and then the menu will be installed on your PS4 until you decide to delete it.

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 5, 2020
    laz305 and mameluko like this.
  20. mameluko

mameluko Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    oh my god, how silly of me, my ESP was permanently sticked to my ps4, I never realised it was so easy - cache -cache- cache - you are right !

Thanks a lot !!

Leeful likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [RELEASE], Exploit, Menus