ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to repack actual roms yet? Not just the VC emulators?
I've got undubbed SMT4 ready to go, but sadly I can't seem to repack it and the VC method doesn't work.
If anyone with capability to repack it exists, I'd appreciate contact on PM and I'd be more than willing to give you the edited files with undub.
It just needs repacking for a proper undubbed rom of the game.
Alternatively if anyone knows someone I could contact about this that would be capable and interested then please do tell, I've not objections with supplying 3DS scene groups with undubs of games to be repacked for release.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to repack actual roms yet? Not just the VC emulators?
I've got undubbed SMT4 ready to go, but sadly I can't seem to repack it and the VC method doesn't work.
If anyone with capability to repack it exists, I'd appreciate contact on PM and I'd be more than willing to give you the edited files with undub.
It just needs repacking for a proper undubbed rom of the game.
Alternatively if anyone knows someone I could contact about this that would be capable and interested then please do tell, I've not objections with supplying 3DS scene groups with undubs of games to be repacked for release.
Yea, I think thats what people have been doing for the past ~20+ pages, lol.. repacking Pkmn XY and whatnot

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yea, I think thats what people have been doing for the past ~20+ pages, lol.. repacking Pkmn XY and whatnot
nope this method actually doesnt work on all that many games, the pokemon X patch i did works by re-xoring but that requires more work and the game wont boot using the normal zero key encryption tools currently released, i am using some toold made by someone else during the process so i cant really offer much in regard to helping you do it other than to say re-xoring using the original xorpads should work for pretty much all games, but requires you to fix IVFC hashes etc manually

Reactions: Huntereb

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
nope this method actually doesnt work on all that many games, the pokemon X patch i did works by re-xoring but that requires more work and the game wont boot using the normal zero key encryption tools currently released, i am using some toold made by someone else during the process so i cant really offer much in regard to helping you do it other than to say re-xoring using the original xorpads should work for pretty much all games, but requires you to fix IVFC hashes etc manually
Well I havent really done a whole bunch of research into repacking, past just using the public tools, but fixing a few hashes is easy enough.. although if i have to hash the whole RomFS, thats gonna suck lol.. i'll have to write a tool for that.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well I havent really done a whole bunch of research into repacking, past just using the public tools, but fixing a few hashes is easy enough.. although if i have to hash the whole RomFS, thats gonna suck lol.. i'll have to write a tool for that.
yeah the romfs is the annoying part, standard hashes are ok, but you wouldnt be doing the romfs manually...i use a program that does it automatically, but as i dont really code it was someone elses work so i wouldnt be sharing it :)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah the romfs is the annoying part, standard hashes are ok, but you wouldnt be doing the romfs manually...i use a program that does it automatically, but as i dont really code it was someone elses work so i wouldnt be sharing it :)
Seeing as you can't share the tool, would you be willing to repack it for me then instead?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Seeing as you can't share the tool, would you be willing to repack it for me then instead?
i wouldn't really feel comfortable sharing roms.....i will however help you any way i can in getting this sorted....hopefully there will be some public method released soon, technically speaking the process of fixing the hashes isnt really hard if someone knows how to program a app to do so Reisyukaku seems to be interested in making a tool to do so....personally the tool im using as a bit crude atm, so a more refined tool would be welcome

flarn2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you asked the person who wrote it for permission to share it?

Reactions: Huntereb

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Have you asked the person who wrote it for permission to share it?
well as i said its quite crude, its just a modified ctrtool that outputs the calculated hashes and then i dump them to a txt file and manually inject them over the old hashes.....i dont think he wanted it shared simply as its not really a great implimentation it was just a means to an end :P

a tool that fixes them all in one go would be better taking all the manual work out of it :)

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't really feel comfortable sharing roms.....i will however help you any way i can in getting this sorted....hopefully there will be some public method released soon, technically speaking the process of fixing the hashes isnt really hard if someone knows how to program a app to do so Reisyukaku seems to be interested in making a tool to do so....personally the tool im using as a bit crude atm, so a more refined tool would be welcome
Yea, i have a ton on my plate atm, so im not sure i would be able to release anything soon.. but i'll throw it on my todo list..

Reactions: Ryanrocks462

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
come on guys if people are will to help dont complain it will just make them not want to even bother......im not a programmer so i cant help in that department, we should appreciate people who can code releasing tools anyway, and if you figure enough out on yourself people dont feel to bad handing over buggy programs as they know they wont have to answer a 101 questions on the matter.....look on 3dbrew theres lots of info on how the IVFC hashes are genereated and there is other ways of generating them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just double click the folder and add it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The root folder where you have games stored
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Yeah, just try the "add new game directory".
  • JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers:
    no error message, and its just a file not a folder
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    And do what the troll said.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but Citra uses that to scan folders
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So it could be like C:\\Games\folder\game.Cci
    nothing like that pops up
    wait i mightve gotten it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'll want to add c:\\Games\folder
    it works now i have no clue what just happened?

:nayps3:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can also drag and drop the game into it for future reference
    i know that, it just wouldnt show because it had to be a file and it wasnt
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well now it works
    yeah im confused but thanks all for trying to help haha
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think this Nyko PowerPak+ in my OG 3DS is starting to expand ever so slightly 😨 what a shame, to have to go back to an OG size battery soon.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators will be like that where it asks for a parent directory
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, 3ds batteries are fairly cheap just don't overspend on oem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Yeah I just like this massive extended battery lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember those psp batteries that came with bulged psp battery covers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my PSP battery started swelling up AGES ago