ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msvcr120d.dll

The old one needed the cygwin DLLs, this one needs that. Google tells me it's related to Visual Studio.

I just grabbed it from dll-files.com and it runs, but without it it just whines that it can't find the file on my computer.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I tried extracting the exeFS from Pokémon X and got a fatal error...

Code:
Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION at eip=611222CF
eax=00041810 ebx=80041548 ecx=00000004 edx=800414E4 esi=00041810 edi=00288C20
ebp=00283178 esp=0028316C program=F:\Desktop\3DS Stuff\Decrypted ROMs\Pokémon X\ctrtool.exe, pid 5080, thread main
cs=0023 ds=002B es=002B fs=0053 gs=002B ss=002B
Stack trace:
Frame    Function  Args
00283178  611222CF (00288C20, 00041810, 00000004, 610B57B0)
00288C20  6113D8E5 (00000000, 80041548, 80000000, 00000000)
End of stack trace
Tried in the 3DS Explorer that was linked in the first post, extracted the encrypted partition and used padxorer.exe to decrypt - first chunk of the file looks like this:
".code.......Ìœ+.banner...ž+.Èn..icon."
But ctrtool won't extract it, I get:
ctrtool: unknown option -- decompresscode
Usage: ctrtool [options...] <file>
Tried without that part and just get:
"Unknown file"
Even though my file is named ExeFS.bin.out (tried it uppercase too in case it was case sensitive)
Any ideas?
you have to use the newest ctrtool linked by windwkr. also make sure that you xorred the files correctly

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Oh I forgot to mention it. actually cci and 3ds are the same format, but makerom produced compact rom.
somehow gateway cannot run trimmed VC roms, so I had to make the rom 128 MB.

Someone gave me a trimmed version of VC Super Mario for GB a while back. It's like 4MB's and it works fine. How is it not possible?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is possible, you need to manually change the file size to leave room for save data, and edit the header to point to the right space.
I haven't been bothered enough about ~100mb wasted to try personally but it should work fine.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got a link to a compiled Windows binary? The one I have I grabbed from someone's post, which was an .exe and some DLLs

--Edit--

ninja'd
Do I not need the DLLs with this version?

--Edit 2--

No, you still need the DLLs apparently
just download that file, unzip it and look in the map debug ;)

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update on my progress. I just got card2 games working and now can re-encrypt them properly as well. Now all that remains is implementing a lot of error checking, optimization and testing (which will still take a few more days just to make sure there are no bugs) then I should be able to release my tool.

card2_rebuild.jpg

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update on my progress. I just got card2 games working and now can re-encrypt them properly as well. Now all that remains is implementing a lot of error checking, optimization and testing (which will still take a few more days just to make sure there are no bugs) then I should be able to release my tool.

Nice. Were you the person whom said that he reencrypted with original keys?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok i got it working without doing anything but edited the romFS and fixing IVFC hashes and NCCH hashes(i had forgot the IVFC was hashed in the NNCH :lol: )....so yeah no need to rebuild the rom...works exactly like the original and works with existing saves

(PS i thing a rebuilt rom would be better in the long run, but its a bit fickle atm....once a nice easy tool is available i would happily switch to that XD)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking, I did see in this thread some tools that could convert exefs to an elf file and it is possible to patch the exefs to redirect romfs to the SD card. What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to turn the resulting .elf into a launcher.dat/msetforboss.dat and run the game directly using the ds profile exploit?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was thinking, I did see in this thread some tools that could convert exefs to an elf file and it is possible to patch the exefs to redirect romfs to the SD card. What I'm wondering is, would it be possible to turn the resulting .elf into a launcher.dat/msetforboss.dat and run the game directly using the ds profile exploit?

To then install roms converted to CIA?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To then install roms converted to CIA?

That's an idea, but I was thinking more like just launching the exefs as homebrew with the current ROP launchers we have now. I might mess around with it later this week on my day off, but I think it could work, albeit much less convenient than Gateway.

CompCom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
worth noting that i assume a rebuilt rom using the original XOR might work on the cheapo clones like R4i i assume.....zero encrypted wouldnt atm
It should work but we would probably need someone with a clone to confirm. In any case my tool will be able to re-encrypt the romfs partition with an xorpad and reinsert back into an ncch. It won't be an automated process but it will be possible.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well that sucks. I won't waste my time on it then. It was just a thought.
well basically you would need to create a gateway style launcher to get you back into the normal OS, and apply whatever patches you need to launch roms from the SD card....itwouldnt really be as simple as decrypt rom, rename to launcher.dat and run :P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well basically you would need to create a gateway style launcher to get you back into the normal OS, and apply whatever patches you need to launch roms from the SD card....itwouldnt really be as simple as decrypt rom, rename to launcher.dat and run :P

I knew it wouldn't be that simple, it would take a lot of patching and reverse-engineering on a per-game basis, but if you have to initialize the Home menu to even run games to begin with, perhaps it's better for me to learn how the 3DS actually runs the games after decryption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: k