[Release] 1-2-Switch Simulator

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ep8Script, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Hi all,

This is the release of version 2.2 of a simulator (not an emulator) of the game 1-2-Switch, which was created using Microsoft Small Basic. Small Basic is a lighter version of Visual Basic, therefore very simplistic, and so creating a project like this proves rather challenging. However, I spent the time and managed to do it.

This is not piracy as no official files are used apart from images and sounds, and all of the code in the project was written by me. However, a moderator may remove this post if they deem it necessary.

Playable minigames:
    • Telephone
    • Quick Draw
    • Soda Shake
    • Fake Draw
    • Samurai Training
    The simulator is played using Wii Remotes, connected to your PC through GlovePIE. They are not as accurate as Joy-Con, of course, but their motion controls and rumble are enough to make the game playable.

Download (Google Drive)

Download (Mega)

Source code (with changelog)

For instructions on how to run, a README.txt file is included with the download.

Requirements:
    • Windows PC
    • Bluetooth adapter
    • Two Wii Remotes (optional. The simulator can be played using the keyboard; however an understanding of either the GlovePIE or project code must be made to figure out the keys which are used. Wiimotes are preferable.)
    Videos

Thank you, and enjoy. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to use this thread!

Last edited by Ep8Script, Oct 1, 2017
  2. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official lewd scalie trash

Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    This is actually amazing!

And nintendo tried to sell it at full retail price...

3. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks! And yeah, honestly I find the game quite fun but at its price (especially in Australia), it's just not really worth it.

4. SarCATstic

SarCATstic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Looks interesting, Joycons are compatible with PCs as far as I know, are the motion sensors themselves not working on PCs or did you just find Wiimotes easier to implement/use (or something along those lines, lol)

5. RyanAnayaMc

RyanAnayaMc The ACE

Oct 5, 2015
    United States
    Very neat! I'll try this out later!

Ep8Script likes this.
  6. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Yeah, the main issue is that the motion controls aren't fully compatiable with PC yet. If you read my story in the source code you'll see I actually planned to make it a Wii Homebrew before I realised it's much easier to make it a PC game instead. I'd love to make it work with the Joy-Con as soon as I can, though. It would be awesome.

7. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I break all the warranties

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    DANG!

this is in small basic?!

8. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Haha, yep. Check out the source if you're interested! I made it quite a while ago but it sure was a challenge!

DeoNaught likes this.
  9. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Actually this is still technically illegal because it is using audio and images from the game, which also fall within copyright

10. dbxxd
    This message by dbxxd has been removed from public view by Depravo, Sep 25, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Sep 25, 2017
  11. Thunder Hawk
    This message by Thunder Hawk has been removed from public view by Depravo, Sep 25, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Sep 25, 2017
  12. dbxxd
    This message by dbxxd has been removed from public view by Depravo, Sep 25, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Sep 25, 2017
  13. Dionicio3
    This message by Dionicio3 has been removed from public view by Depravo, Sep 25, 2017, Reason: Off-topic.
    Sep 25, 2017
  14. dbxxd
    Sep 25, 2017
  15. SarCATstic

SarCATstic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Wouldn't it get a DMCA from Nintendo anyway? I mean its basically a 1-2 Switch recreation...

16. bennyman123abc

bennyman123abc GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2013
    United States
    Some City
    3045 lines of code! I expected it to almost be a text based game but, this is EXTREMELY impressive. Move on to a larger language and you are SURE to make something great!

Bkool999, XRaTiX and Ep8Script like this.
  17. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks heaps! I started with this language because we were taught it at school a while ago and I understood it fluently, but I hope to move on to something better and do something great soon, too! :)

XRaTiX and mikey420 like this.
  18. fire3element

fire3element GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2015
    United States
    That's pretty cool, dood.
    Hey, maybe you can finally add that ice cube game everyone was expecting would be in 1 2 Switch. LoL

Oh and I will be waiting for that one kid to ask "wich emmulator is taht. Canz i play Mary-o Oddussy on it??!!? "

Last edited by fire3element, Sep 25, 2017
    Ep8Script likes this.
  19. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Haha, if only the Wii Remotes had HD Rumble, hey. Maybe when the Joy-Con have a program like GlovePIE.

20. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If OP doesn't want to either get their thread removed or some dmca notice from nintendo they should care.

21. BORTZ

BORTZ Switch Dawg

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    @Ep8Script I am going to have to ask you to remove the images and sounds since they are still technically nintendo property.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  22. zeveroth

zeveroth GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    United States
    Is this going to be submitted for the bounty? If sure that the mods would give it a high score. Great job and good luck.

23. Ep8Script
    OP

Ep8Script GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2017
    Australia
    Hey guys, I'm currently working on v2.3 which will change the opening titles to be more accurate. I'll update you as it comes along in the next day or two. :)

24. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    excuse me, sorry for the off topic but how does it get lighter then normal vb :wtf:

Ep8Script likes this.
  25. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I was wondering the exact same thing actually.
    Edit: Judging by the source code, it's basically just somewhere inbetween plain BASIC and Visual Basic. Pretty ugly stuff.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Sep 25, 2017
    Ep8Script likes this.