Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the woman:

1. Weighs more than 1̶3̶0̶ 120 lbs
2. Has ever taken birth control medication / had an abortion
3. Is addicted to drugs (cocaine is fine, though)
4. Is a feminist or espouses equality nonsense
5. Has some chronic disease like Crohn's or any sort of mental illness
6. Refuses to mow lawn
7. Has t̶h̶i̶c̶k̶ any visible facial hair
8. Eats toilet paper or any sort of paper
9. Mows lawn
10. Speaks when not spoken to
11. Does not fit in overhead luggage compartment
12. Voted for Obama

Probably a safe bet to move on to greener pastures.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#3 is if the guy is short. Jkjkjk. I do hear that some other women do think that's a dealbreaker though, yikes. Hmm...already I'm finding it hard to think of serious answers that aren't obvious or have already been said. I think, as shallow as this is, I don't think I could get along with a guy who doesn't play games. I'm sure, that yeah, when I'm older gaming won't be having such a drastic impact in my life as it does now, but for the current time, it's my hobby, it's my job. I'd be sad if I couldn't share my excitement of that stuff with a guy.
honestly, i always thought its fine if they are not gamers themselves but someone that understands your passion for what you do would be perfect.Them showing interest in what you do is good. Its kind of flat of them to give you a lost look when you get excited over silly things. As for the height thing, girls are picky. very picky. super super picky. pickity pickity picky. XD

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If the woman:

1. Weighs more than 1̶3̶0̶ 120 lbs
2. Has ever taken birth control medication / had an abortion
3. Is addicted to drugs (cocaine is fine, though)
4. Is a feminist or espouses equality nonsense
5. Has some chronic disease like Crohn's or any sort of mental illness
6. Refuses to mow lawn
7. Has t̶h̶i̶c̶k̶ any visible facial hair
8. Eats toilet paper or any sort of paper
9. Mows lawn
10. Speaks when not spoken to
11. Does not fit in overhead luggage compartment
12. Voted for Obama

Probably a safe bet to move on to greener pastures.
good luck

Reactions: Spadezilla

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leaving the lid off the toothpaste, that's a pisser. The current missus does that - thankfully I can combat this by buying the plastic ones!
Putting the cutlery in the wrong section of the cutlery drawer - grr.
Taking the last bag of crisps out, yet leaving the multipack packet still in the cupboard - fukk me sideways I'm close to divorcing her over that one...

Or perhaps I'm a little too OCD?
That said, I had an ex who, I shit yee not, used to take her jam rag off and throw it into the spare room - don't think you need to be any level of OCD to find that offensive. She didn't last long...

Reactions: banjo2

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Taking the last bag of crisps out, yet leaving the multipack packet still in the cupboard - fukk me sideways I'm close to divorcing her over that one...

Not reaching the cupboard to find all the "good" flavours are gone and you are left with ready salted and whatever the other non desirable flavour is in the given pack?

Reactions: mightymuffy

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
funny how cheating is always first in everyone's list.
and yet, there are couple that are open to non-monogamy. Well, we only got few answers, not enough to reflect the world's standards.
Well, there is a significant distinction there. Cheating is to go behind someone's back, to break a trust and say "you are not good enough".
Non-monogamous or polyamorous relationships are open, and everyone involved is okay with it.

Compare to domestic violence and sexytime spanking. Both involve hitting the other person, but one is okay and one is not.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  • Plays video games (waste of productive time and means I play less too so I don't waste time)
  • Less than 130 IQ
  • Conservative political views / doesn't care about other people
  • Doesn't clean of his own accord when he sees mess
  • Doesn't look after me by reminding me of things I forget and putting things I need to take with me for the day by the front door
  • Has expensive tastes
  • Doesn't like my cooking
  • Likes dogs
  • Doesn't love cats
  • Doesn't get on with my family / has family I don't get on with

It is hard to think of things. I just wrote the opposite of some things I like about my partner.

Reactions: phonz

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Beyond the usual "cheating, lying, violent" etc etc already mentioned, I can't think of too much unique to me TBH.

For those that used to be an issue, one major one I used to have was no drugs/smoking, as almost my entire close family smokes weed all the time (except for my dad, who just doesn't, and my mom who only occasionally uses gummies). I don't like how it affects people, it's one of the causes for all the sibling fuckups in my family and I'm convinced it's the only reason why I'm doing much better than they are, so far.

And then my mom used to smoke cigarettes all the time, so the smell of it is absolutely abhorrent to me.

But then I met my wife who smokes weed, and whose entire family are also heavy pot smokers, and I don't care as much. Would I rather she didn't? Yeah, but it's not a "end relationship" deal breaker anymore.

Reactions: Cyan and phonz
D

Deleted User

But then I met my wife who smokes weed, and whose entire family are also heavy pot smokers, and I don't care as much. Would I rather she didn't? Yeah, but it's not a "end relationship" deal breaker anymore.
Do you have any concerns about the effects of a mother's marijuana consumption on the health of infants?

Superbronx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't think of 10 deal breakers. Really only one. If she's a gold digger /doesn't love me but instead loves my money. :angry:

Now for my surreal list:
  1. If I discovered she's secretly an android
  2. If I discovered she's a foreign spy and only married me to be her cover
  3. If we were happily married only to learn years later she's a serial killer
  4. If I discovered she's really my long lost twin sister
  5. If she continuously beats my high score on pac man
  6. If she only knows how to cook frozen dinners
  7. If she one day comes to realize that she had amnesia and now remembers she has a husband and family she loves in another city
  8. If I learned she's actually only a clone of my real wife who she killed years ago
  9. If each time I want to shower I discover she used all the hot water
  10. If I wake up and realize my wife of many years was only a dream.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
honestly, i always thought its fine if they are not gamers themselves but someone that understands your passion for what you do would be perfect.Them showing interest in what you do is good. Its kind of flat of them to give you a lost look when you get excited over silly things. As for the height thing, girls are picky. very picky. super super picky. pickity pickity picky. XD

My wife isn’t really what I’d call a gamer. She liked Super Mario World and old school top-down Zelda. But very, very rarely picks up a controller these days... unless I happen to be playing one of the aforementioned old-school games.

She does however like to watch me playing. Strange but true. She likes to watch out for collectibles and such. For instance, I lost count of the amount or times I heard, “you just raced passed a shard, go back and get it”, when I play Infamous.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Excessive lying (I don't mind small white lies here and here)
2. Economic incompetency

I don’t much care if people tell occasional lies, I can generally spot them a mile off anyway - in person at least.

But personally, I don’t lie, never have much cared for it, the truth is usually more interesting :D

That’s not to say I tell everyone everything, but if I’m not asked, I don’t necessarily see the need to tell someone something. I tell my wife everything though, even about my wild and sordid past. I’m sure there’s some she’s less than thrilled with, but it’s the past :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Do you have any concerns about the effects of a mother's marijuana consumption on the health of infants?
To a certain extent I worry, perhaps, as there hasn't been enough research (or rather, properly done research) on the actual long term effects of cannabis consumption that's passed from breast milk to infants. The studies that do exist, however, mainly show that only extremely heavy use (like smoking a bowl every hour, for example) may result in a decrease in motor skills development for babies, but moderate, daily use has (so far) shown no long term effects in infants.

But these studies haven't necessarily been long enough to truly say what the long long term effects are (like say 5 years, or 10 years).

However, my wife isn't a heavy user, and usually only smokes maybe 2 times a day max, so I'm not overly concerned.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't think of 10 deal breakers. Really only one. If she's a gold digger /doesn't love me but instead loves my money. :angry:

Now for my surreal list:
  1. If I discovered she's secretly an android
  2. If I discovered she's a foreign spy and only married me to be her cover
  3. If we were happily married only to learn years later she's a serial killer
  4. If I discovered she's really my long lost twin sister
  5. If she continuously beats my high score on pac man
  6. If she only knows how to cook frozen dinners
  7. If she one day comes to realize that she had amnesia and now remembers she has a husband and family she loves in another city
  8. If I learned she's actually only a clone of my real wife who she killed years ago
  9. If each time I want to shower I discover she used all the hot water
  10. If I wake up and realize my wife of many years was only a dream.

I solved the first one by being broke. That said plenty look at the perks of such a thing and figure it could be worth it -- you can't take it with you and all that.

1) Think how much money you would make by capturing it and loaning it out for experiments?
2) Does the nation or company of origin matter here?
3) If she can keep a handle on it for that long...
4) Fair enough.
5) I believe the kids say get good, or some variation on the theme.
6) You let things progress to relationship before learning that? Otherwise acceptable.
7) Personally I call that an easy out but play it as you will.
8) See 1)
9) This is space year 2019. For less money than about 2 games you can get an electric shower that will heat all the water you want in real time.
10) If dreams are sensible enough to realise it is not a good plan to be stuck by or stick it in crazy...

Reactions: Superbronx

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If my wife suddenly started eating Chinese I would probably have to end it all.

On a more serious note, cheating is definitely the biggest one because I already have trust issues as it is so I'm not built to be broken down like that especially by someone important to me like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.