• Replies 1,199
  • Likes 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Past 4.0.0, the cartridge slot updates itself to be able to read card2 cards. With hekate, you can stop this from happening, but there are no backups making it pointless. SX OS has backups, but it's impossible to stop from it updating. That means on any firmware below 4.0.0 the cartridge slot won't work, but higher than that it will.

what makes u think hekate blocks the update?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any plans on a patch for making games that require higher firmware to play on lower firmware than intended?
wouldnt be possible to patch the games instead?
Don't expect anyone to work on these. If possible at all, it would be a lot of work, which wouldn't be worth it when the "correct" solution is to run the latest firmware. There's already a way to do that, and emunand will be another maybe easier way.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
If you use the custom kip generated by ChoiDujour, hekate will block the cart slot update

forgive me if it's obvious but I thought choidujour. creates new fw images. no mention of stripping card reader updates in the read me on github

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't expect anyone to work on these. If possible at all, it would be a lot of work, which wouldn't be worth it when the "correct" solution is to run the latest firmware. There's already a way to do that, and emunand will be another maybe easier way.

that's the problem. emunand will update card reader

Metion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
forgive me if it's obvious but I thought choidujour. creates new fw images. no mention of stripping card reader updates in the read me on github

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that's the problem. emunand will update card reader

If you dont want to update the card reader you can just load the kip generated by Choidujour together with the emunand.

Reactions: charlieb

re.lax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me personally id rather have a working gamecart for versions above 4.0.0 and don’t really care about anything below that. I updated from 3.0.0 while keeping my efuses intact. If I do decide to go back to 3.0.0 it’ll only be for emunand and then I’ll be emu the newest firmware anyways and will need an updated gamecart. That’s just my opinion tho, each person is different.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really happy about this. After the hiccups of SX and Atmosphere, there's an actual solution coming out that works. Pretty excited, honestly, just for what it means. It's definitely not the beginning of the end, but it's the end of the beginning, which has been very hard to get past.

offsense

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, yes. Rei is our Switch hacking savior, but please keep the topic from derailing. All you weebs are welcome to go discuss your anime in the TV section, or a trash can, depending on which series. Keep discussion to the hacking and exploit side of things.
Lol! Ouch that was a bit brutal guess ilI' go pick my animu out ofothe trash :(

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rei has not indicated any date nor time for the release of ReiNX. Its possible the beta testers may know, but that is just speculation and I do not want to put words in their mouths.
Yeah, I'm picky about words, I need them to taste juuuuust right before I let them go out into the world.
No but for real. Has Rei given any timeline for the 1.0 release?
There is no timeline. It is being a li'l bit frustrating at present, from what I can see. I don't expect it to be long at all, but I'm not about to chuck a date out.

EDIT: fuckin' ninja'd again

Reactions: Draxzelex

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Pluupy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News