Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've ran into another problem.
After I recovered my CFW, I decided to use Lum3DS Updater to update Luma3DS without any troubles. I pressed B + X to allow updating the boot.firm in CTR-NAND, but after the update I soft bricked the system. I was able to recover my old boot.firm files in the SD and CTR-NAND, but I'm still disappointed that I can't update to 8.1.
Of course I tried updating without updating the CTR-NAND boot.firm, but it would result in the config still appearing as 7.1 and I wouldn't be able to load payloads (The same as I described in the previous posts).
Is there a way of updating Luma3DS without all of this?
I already updated boot9strap about 5 times, in case any of you ask about it.
You have to update B9S before you can use an updated Luma. You can either follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s to update to B9S 1.2 or you can put back your Luma 7.1 version boot.firm and then follow the steps in finalising setup to copy it to your CTR-NAND, so it will still boot without SD card.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: HugaTheFox

YellowLemon571

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to update B9S before you can use an updated Luma. You can either follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s to update to B9S 1.2 or you can put back your Luma 7.1 version boot.firm and then follow the steps in finalising setup to copy it to your CTR-NAND, so it will still boot without SD card.

Man, I've been trying things myself too much. I didn't update B9S correctly, either. I've successfully updated B9S and Luma3DS. Thanks!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night