Hacking ReiNand mod for a second emuNAND on SD

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. First compile ReiNAND normally, and rename ReiNand.dat to ReiNand1.dat (in the out folder), then drag everything in the out folder to the root of your SD card.

Then delete the "out" and "build" folders from the source code folder. Then modify the getEmunandSect on emunand.c, save it. Then compile the code again. Rename ReiNand.dat to ReiNand2.dat, rename the "rei" folder to "rei2" (in the out folder), finally drag everything in the out folder to the root of your SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nah, I didn't change the names of my emuNANDs. But yeah, change the NAND number to 2 in multiEmuNAND.
Ok, so I build ReiNand without modifications and rename ReiNand.dat to ReiNand1.dat. I then copy all that to the root of the SD card. After that I modify the emunand.c file and compile again. Then I rename the .dat to ReiNand2.dat and rename the rei folder to rei2. Finally, I copy it to the root of the SD card.
Question: How does the ReiNand2.dat know to use the rei2 folder?

Last edited by Wire,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I build ReiNand without modifications and rename ReiNand.dat to ReiNand1.dat. I then copy all that to the root of the SD card. After that I modify the emunand.c file and compile again. Then I rename the .dat to ReiNand2.dat and rename the rei folder to rei2. Finally, I copy it to the root of the SD card.
Question: How does the ReiNand2.dat know to use the rei2 folder?
I don't know myself :P I just know it works (you'd have to be using a boot loader though, this won't work within the Homebrew Launcher)

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know myself :P I just know it works (you'd have to be using a boot loader though, this won't work within the Homebrew Launcher)
That's fine, I use CTRBM. Also, would you mind sharing your rei and rei2 folders and as well as the ReiNand1.dat and ReiNand2.dat? I am confused by all of this. I think I may have gotten it, but not sure. I also have to inject a nand for the second emunand. Hopefully the Nand.bin file I have is the one before I formatted sysnand.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fine, I use CTRBM. Also, would you mind sharing your rei and rei2 folders and as well as the ReiNand1.dat and ReiNand2.dat? I am confused by all of this. I think I may have gotten it, but not sure. I also have to inject a nand for the second emunand. Hopefully the Nand.bin file I have is the one before I formatted sysnand.
If you're using a NAND backup from your sysNAND, that may link them again.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a NAND backup from your sysNAND, that may link them again.
It wouldn't even let me use that .bin. It only let me use the emunand.bin I just backed up moments ago. And after doing that, my sd card became corrupt...

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't even let me use that .bin. It only let me use the emunand.bin I just backed up moments ago. And after doing that, my sd card became corrupt...
Besides, I only suggest doing this if you want to change your emuNAND region. There isn't really any point to having two emuNANDs besides that.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, I only suggest doing this if you want to change your emuNAND region. There isn't really any point to having two emuNANDs besides that.
That is what my plan is to do. I want to have a JPN emunand. The only problem is that after injecting the .bin to the NAND 2, my sd card became corrupt.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what my plan is to do. I want to have a JPN emunand. The only problem is that after injecting the .bin to the NAND 2, my sd card became corrupt.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/page-10#post-6016225

Follow that guide (the comment, not the OP) on another SD card. Once you get the JPN emuNAND to work on the other SD card (don't forget to install FBI on it), back it up with multiEmuNAND, and use that backup as the 2nd emuNAND on your main SD card. (This is what I did and it worked).

Reactions: wrongmlg

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wrongmlg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've observed a bug in the 3DS MultiEmuNAND creator take care of that!

Sometimes, when you format as "EmuNAND" a SD for the first time (i mean, if that SD does not contain an emuNAND), it crashes and it is difficult later to make it work.

I'd recommend, if you will use a "virgin" SD card with that tool, that you first put a single emunand on it with any other tool, and then you can use 3DS MultiEmunand Creator to set the second emunand, extract and inject and everything seem to work right from that point.

Wire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the nand partition on the sd supposed to be 4gb? MultiNAND tool created a 4gb partition.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've observed a bug in the 3DS MultiEmuNAND creator take care of that!

Sometimes, when you format as "EmuNAND" a SD for the first time (i mean, if that SD does not contain an emuNAND), it crashes and it is difficult later to make it work.

I'd recommend, if you will use a "virgin" SD card with that tool, that you first put a single emunand on it with any other tool, and then you can use 3DS MultiEmunand Creator to set the second emunand, extract and inject and everything seem to work right from that point.
Yeah, it crashed for me when I used it for the first time, it didn't affect anything though. I simply reopened multiemunand and it worked fine after that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the nand partition on the sd supposed to be 4gb? MultiNAND tool created a 4gb partition.
If you're on a n3DS, it uses 2GB for the emuNAND. In our case, we're going to be using 2 emuNANDs, so we'll be losing 4GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg