Hacking ReiNAND freezes while booting

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,886
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted User

OP
Ok. First of all. I did search and didn't find an answer that would help me so thats why I'm posting a new thread.

Got a N3DS E. Bought it with 9.5.0 E, downgraded using some of the tutorials to 9.2.0 E

Also did some tutorial and managed to install some unsigned .cia's with FBI however it didn't worked as I expected (some .cia wouldn't install, got some errors). Anyway... After reading here and there I decided to get myself a reiNAND cfw (newest emunand support) So I opened up youtube, found a tutorial and did it. Well i got to the point where ctr wouldnt run or something. So i found another tutorial (this one ) followed the steps and got to the moment where I should first boot reiNAND and it freezes. It stays on the reinand title screen and nothing happens. I tried replacing reinand with 3.2b, got the latest firmware.bin. None of that helped. I decided to wipe out my n3ds, wipe out my microSD with SDformatter and did the process all over again. I got to the same point and I'm stuck.

Anyone any ideas what might be wrong ?

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im no pro or anything but done a few so far Only thing i can think of is maybe u forgot to format before setting up emunand so menuhax will cause all kinds of problems.you need to remove menuhax before setting up emunand.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well... According to this tutorial I'm supposed to first install menuhax and then do go to emunand9 to backup band and install emunand to my sd. By formating did you mean formating of my 3DS or my sd card?

As for card formatting, doesn't emunand9 format the card itself before setting up emunand ?

Last edited by ,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well... According to this tutorial I'm supposed to first install menuhax and then do go to emunand9 to backup band and install emunand to my sd. By formating did you mean formating of my 3DS or my sd card?

As for card formatting, doesn't emunand9 format the card itself before setting up emunand ?
There's your problem. Menuhax before emunand makes all kind of problems because it gets copied over to emunand where it doesn't belong. It's more convenient to use, I agree, but simply using browserhax in sysnand two or three times instead of installing menuhax before creating emunand would prevent that problem. Try holding your menuhax button when you start emunand and report back.

D

Deleted User

OP
ok. While waiting I did again all the formating and used some other tutorial i found (spanish one this time)
The guy in this tutorial also had a european n3ds. The difference was that now i used GW for setting up emunand and i used reinand supported in the package (including firmware.bin).
And this time it worked. It uses older version of reinand (press start screen) but it works and boots up to rei 9.2.0-20E
Then I stopped because the tutorial goes to updating to 10.3 via sys update which I understand won't work now since 10.5 is the current official, right ?
Also now I tried changing reiNAND to 3.1 and 3.2b and both didnt work. Perhaps I'm getting the wrong firmware.bin file ?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok. While waiting I did again all the formating and used some other tutorial i found (spanish one this time)
The guy in this tutorial also had a european n3ds. The difference was that now i used GW for setting up emunand and i used reinand supported in the package (including firmware.bin).
And this time it worked. It uses older version of reinand (press start screen) but it works and boots up to rei 9.2.0-20E
Then I stopped because the tutorial goes to updating to 10.3 via sys update which I understand won't work now since 10.5 is the current official, right ?
Also now I tried changing reiNAND to 3.1 and 3.2b and both didnt work. Perhaps I'm getting the wrong firmware.bin file ?
Reinand supports 10.5, you need a new firmware file. Check my tutorial please.

If you had menuhax on your sysnand, it will still kick in once you update your emunand. You need to get rid of it now in your emunand. Go into homebrew launcher from emunand (browserhax) and remove it. Then make emunand backup with Emunand9 or decrypt9wip. Then update in system settings of Emunand. First of all, get reinand 3.2b working.

D

Deleted User

OP
Reinand supports 10.5, you need a new firmware file. Check my tutorial please.

If you had menuhax on your sysnand, it will still kick in once you update your emunand. You need to get rid of it now in your emunand. Go into homebrew launcher from emunand (browserhax) and remove it. Then make emunand backup with Emunand9 or decrypt9wip. Then update in system settings of Emunand. First of all, get reinand 3.2b working.

Opened up your tutorial. I understand that it's most up to date and I should do the pastaCFW steps too ?

D

Deleted User

OP
Oh, yeah. Then follow my tutorial meticulously and you'll be fine.
Aaaand we're back to the same...
I really did everything as in your tutorial and it freezes on reinand boot screen.

Last edited by ,

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This should resolve the issue, if you're on N3DS normal/XL, and the screen hangs at the Reinand splash page,
and you're using reinand =>3.0

If you got emunand setup, and everything seemingly at the right place,

the issue is probably you're using the wrong firmware.bin

go to the github, history of readme.md, and check the jan 16 entry.
Somewhere there for the readme, is the link for the firmware.bin

(the firmware.bin that is in the github itself won't work, as that firmware.bin is for future releases. So if you somehow reached a dropbox link, that is the correct firmware.bin)

Last edited by Queno138,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Allright. It finally worked ! :) It seems that the problem was with the firmware.bin file. I'll go through the rest of the tutorial now. Thx guys !

Reactions: Queno138

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit