Hacking Rehacking everyday

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I have this small wondering. I hacked my wii U using mii maker mode, and it just doesn't seem to stick. If I close my wii U I just have to reload the exploit using the internet explorer.
I looked online and it doesn't seem anyone else has this problem... BTW I'm version 5.5.1

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, I have this small wondering. I hacked my wii U using mii maker mode, and it just doesn't seem to stick. If I close my wii U I just have to reload the exploit using the internet explorer.
I looked online and it doesn't seem anyone else has this problem... BTW I'm version 5.5.1
This is normal. If you reboot the wii u, or turn off, the hack will "disappear".

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Everyone else does have this problem.
It's because that what you're running is the Kernel exploit, and it's not permanent.
A boot exploit would be needed to fix this problem.
IIRC no boot exploit is made yet. :/

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
To me this is thread like "When I close my PC, the apps are closed when I boot it up next time! WHY?"

You are running loadiine through browser exploit and you have to do it after powering it off because it is gone from memory until you load again.
This is THE reason why people are excited for IOSU exploit as it is first step in any kind of boot exploit - so it is first step (but not THE step) in getting closer to not having to run browser every boot of the console.

Also because of the "Every day I'm Hacking it" title

Last edited by Sumea,

PeeJay Bonobo

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
While I'm not sure about turning off kexploit10 without powering off the Wii U, if I wanted to deactivate kexploit31 without turning it off, I could just go to System Settings and back. Either way, every time you turn off your Wii U and turn it back on, you always have to perform the kernel exploit all over again. It isn't a one-shot deal.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
LOLASTC It's completely normal! It would be strange if it sticks!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I love how people want to look smarter by saying stuff like "I hacked my Wii U" and i'm just sitting here with my arms crossed going like "Congratulations, you pressed a button on a website"
You're actually being mean. :/

Some people have developed tools instead of pressing a button on a website and being proud of it. :P

Reactions: N7Kopper

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people want to look smarter by saying stuff like "I hacked my Wii U" and i'm just sitting here with my arms crossed going like "Congratulations, you pressed a button on a website"
Well technically you are hacking the Wii U. Just because tools exist that make it extremely easy doesn't mean it isn't hacking.

Reactions: Quantumcat

sigboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Hi, I will try to explain how it actually work, simplified in layman's terms. Not just making up things like some people above (even though they mean well, and may only be partially wrong).

When you run the the exploit (this technical term means what the English word means) through your web browser (Internet Explorer is just one kind of web browser, and not available for Nintendo products) the changes are only applied in memory. The memory is a storage location on the Wii U that is volatile in nature. This means when you shut down your Wii U the memory will be cleared. The reason why the exploit is only applied to memory is that if we write the changes to the main storage of the Wii U, the security systems that are built into the Wii U will detect that the system has been tampered with and refuse to start. Other systems have had various ways to go around this problem, but none has been made public for the Wii U yet.

Very simplified examples of circumventing the problem:
  • On the PS3 George Hotz calculated the "secret" (called key) used by Sony to prove that the system files have not been tampered with.
  • Current best method for the Nintendo 3DS now is an exploit that is installed before the system files are authenticated.
  • Another way the 3DS had a persistent exploit was that the whole system was loaded, and a similar to the one in the Wii U was applied to the theme file (not signed with a secret) and the theme was loaded at start. Then reloading the whole system files with files that were altered, and not signed by Nintendo.
  • iPhone jailbreaks (as well as later PS3 exploits) deactivate the need to have the real "secret" key, and allowed another, this method is called fakesign.
  • One of the methods for PSP was very similar to the one we have in the Wii U, but only required that you browsed to an image saved in the memory card (very few button presses needed) and it would apply the exploit.
  • these are just some examples, every system has had slightly to vastly different methods to get around this problem.
Well technically you are hacking the Wii U. Just because tools exist that make it extremely easy doesn't mean it isn't hacking.

You could argue that the person that made the tool was the one that did the hacking, and that the person running the tool is a (technical term: ) script-kiddie. In this grammar the hacking was already done, you are just running the exploit.

Last edited by sigboe,
Reactions: Deleted User

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could argue that the person that made the tool was the one that did the hacking, and that the person running the tool is a (technical term: ) script-kiddie. In this grammar the hacking was already done, you are just running the exploit.
That is a valid argument. I usually just use "hack" when talking to people who don't understand 3ds or Wii U exploits at all. It's much easier to tell them "I hacked my Wii U/3DS to play 'backups'"

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well the definition of hacking is to "gain unauthorized access to data in system or computer". But arguing semantics about hacking, scripting and end users using things people have developed is a very touchy subject for some people.

So lets just all agree to disagree on the subject, move on and sit in wait for based iosu exploit to hack/mod/whatever our wii u's so we don't need to "rehack" every time we shut down the console.

it's okay not to hold hands too..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.