ROM Hack Regions Locks and Luma3DS

EnderIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello,

I have a question about how region locks work with Luma3DS or homebrew.

I have a Japanese 2DS and Japanese e-shop account with quite a few games purchased. If I were to buy a new 3ds from another region, let us say the U.S. for example, and then installed Luma3DS on the thing, can I change the entire region of the device? For example, would I be able to transfer my games/account from the Japanese 2DS to the U.S. 3DS? Would I be able to access the Japanese e-shop and purchase games still?

Thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well buying a 3ds and then doing the region change and then system transfer is like pointless unless you don't really like the 2ds. According to the 3ds.hack.guide it stated the eshop would sometime not work for the device when it supposes to work, it has to do with Nintendo server.

EnderIII

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I was going to upgrade to a New 3DS XL over the 2DS, seems like a worthy upgrade. I can import the New 3DS XL from America cheaper than getting a New 3DS LL here in Japan. I just don't want to lose the ability to play the games I already have.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to upgrade to a New 3DS XL over the 2DS, seems like a worthy upgrade. I can import the New 3DS XL from America cheaper than getting a New 3DS LL here in Japan. I just don't want to lose the ability to play the games I already have.
just go to a GEO and buy one there. new or used, they are NOT more expensive in GEO than in USA. You have to consider the yen rate. I got my Switch there precicely because it was cheaper than buying in a US military exchange (no tax in the exchange, even).

BUT: although the new system won't be able to directly use the Japanese e-shop, you really just have to dump your games and install them on the new one. LUMA has emulated region for ages, unless that went away and I didn't hear about it...

TL;DR

LUMA can play games from ANY region. The only trouble is getting the games (like, you can't buy N3DS games on an O3DS, so in that case you wouldn't be able to dump it to install on your new USA console)

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-